Chowd Moratorium

Bugg

Championships in each of the 4 major sports within the last decade. You're "POOR US!" whiny bullsh*t routine is officially revoked permanenTLy. Under/Over on drunk Massholes drowning while attempting to swim after Bruins parade duckboats is 3.5.

And Fenway still sucks balls.

Championships in each of the 4 major sports within the last decade. You're "POOR US!" whiny bullsh*t routine is officially revoked permanenTLy. Under/Over on drunk Massholes drowning while attempting to swim after Bruins parade duckboats is 3.5.

Tell 'em Stevedave!

I made a post on twitter last night that was similar to Buggs sentiment. My niece and nephew have no clue how lucky they are. To live in (around) the City of Boston this past decade, and be a sports fan, it's an embarrassment of riches. I appreciate it. I always will. My niece and nephew? Not now....but they will learn the hard way I am sure.

And yes, Fenway sucks. I will never understand these people who are so married to "history" at the detriment of their comfort. I was at Fenway about a month ago. Brought my niece to a game. They have done a great job of putting lipstick on that pig. Conession area. Nice. Outside, Nice. My seats, Grandstand seats, awful!

I keep telling my dear friend in Boston, a big fan of Sox/Pats, to a lesser degree Celtics/Bruins how lucky she is. She went to UConn who's won a title or two over the past years as well. Seems she gets about a championship a year........yet when Jets beat Pats last Jan. it was as though the worst disaster happened. Enjoy the wins, would ya'?

Come on...the Revolution are 0-4 in Championship appearances the past decade. ;)

You are 110% correct. The worst part is an appearance of more pink hats.

I'm glad I had my taste of defeat in '03 before all this victory. You're not a true Red Sox fan until you experience a heartbreaking collapse like that.

Heartbreaking collapse? Being beaten in a game 7 on the road (a game played on the road becuase you were the wildcard and NOT the division champion) does not qualify as a "collapse."

Current Yankees fans know heartbreaking collapse far more inimately than current BloSux fans, or should I say the millions that jumped on the Sux bandwagon in Oct. 04, many of whom had already jumped on the Pats bandwagon in January '01.

Heartbreaking collapse? Being beaten in a game 7 on the road (a game played on the road becuase you were the wildcard and NOT the division champion) does not qualify as a "collapse."

Current Yankees fans know heartbreaking collapse far more inimately than current BloSux fans, or should I say the millions that jumped on the Sux bandwagon in Oct. 04, many of whom had already jumped on the Pats bandwagon in January '01.

Same ones that are sporting their brand new Bruins jersey?

And the same idiots who were running around in Celtics crap the last few years, many of whom prematurely jumped on the Heat bandwagon in late May.

So all Boston fans are band-wagoners and all New York fans are the best sports fans ever made. Isn't that what you are saying?

Must have been tough losing the World Series in 2001 and 2003 after winning it in 1996, 1998, 1999 & 2000. You must have felt like the most hardcore Yankees fan ever when they finally won again in 2009.

2003 was a collapse by the Sox. Did you forget about what happened in game 7 with Pedro and Grady Little?

So all Boston fans are band-wagoners and all New York fans are the best sports fans ever made. Isn't that what you are saying?

Must have been tough losing the World Series in 2001 and 2003 after winning it in 1996, 1998, 1999 & 2000. You must have felt like the most hardcore Yankees fan ever when they finally won again in 2009.

2003 was a collapse by the Sox. Did you forget about what happened in game 7 with Pedro and Grady Little?

You are if you are a Jets, Mets, Knicks fan.

I wasn't talking about you. Don't take things so personally. I am specifically referring to the idiots that JiF and I see running around northern Florida with brand new Boston team gear who've never stepped foot in any part of New England much less Boston.

And for the record, bandwagon Yankees fans can all go **** themselves as far as I am concerned. They're just as annoying as the bandwagon Boston fans out there. You know who I'm talking about - assheads like LeBron James who grew up in Akron, Ohio proclaiming himself to be diehard Yankee and Cowboys fan. :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about you. Don't take things so personally. I am specifically referring to the idiots that JiF and I see running around northern Florida with brand new Boston team gear who've never stepped foot in any part of New England much less Boston.

And for the record, bandwagon Yankees fans can all go **** themselves as far as I am concerned. They're just as annoying as the bandwagon Boston fans out there. You know who I'm talking about - assheads like LeBron James who grew up in Akron, Ohio proclaiming himself to be diehard Yankee and Cowboys fan. :rolleyes:

My all-time favorite was the kid I saw in a sports bar in spring 2006 wearing a spanking new Red Sox hat with an 80's style, throwback, red, white and blue White Sox shirt that simply said "Sox" on it. The idiot didn't realize he was wearing a White Sox shirt. Either that or he was jumping on the bandwagons of the last two World Series winners simultaneously.

I wouldn't have replied if you had mentioned Northern Florida. F those bandwagon dbags! I was going to bring up LeBron but you beat me to it.

LilBitSpecial is a good friend of mine and he suffers more than anyone I know when it comes to his teams. Mets, Islanders and Jets*.

*The Jets are doing really well but they still torment him.

Is that for real? There are people down there wearing team apparrel of teams they now follow because they are champs? That seems so weird to me. I've seen it though. Boston. College town. 'Nuff said.

My all-time favorite was the kid I saw in a sports bar in spring 2006 wearing a spanking new Red Sox hat with an 80's style, throwback, red, white and blue White Sox shirt that simply said "Sox" on it. The idiot didn't realize he was wearing a White Sox shirt. Either that or he was jumping on the bandwagons of the last two World Series winners simultaneously.

Dude...what about the "die hard Pats fan" that was wearing a Yankees has that day in B-Dub's?

Or what about the kid that had been cheering for the Pats his "whole life" but couldnt tell me who the coach was before BB?

Or the dude that was from NY, but stopped rooting for the Jets after the Pats won the first SB? Because he always loved BB?

Those 2 stand out in my mind more than anything else.

I'm glad I had my taste of defeat in '03 before all this victory. You're not a true Red Sox fan until you experience a heartbreaking collapse like that.

03 if for p*ssies. 1986 was a nut kick to end all nut kicks. ;)

Dude...what about the "die hard Pats fan" that was wearing a Yankees has that day in B-Dub's?

Or what about the kid that had been cheering for the Pats his "whole life" but couldnt tell me who the coach was before BB?

Or the dude that was from NY, but stopped rooting for the Jets after the Pats won the first SB? Because he always loved BB?

Those 2 stand out in my mind more than anything else.

Everyone knows that Florida residents care more about college sports than pro sports. Look at the Heat this season. There were 2 or 3 thousand Mavs fans at game 6 last week.

Do Florida residents flip between Florida, Florida State and Miami? Have most Florida residents, apart from yourself, not attended those Colleges?

F* ck you, buddy. 96% of Yankee fans are bandwagon pieces of sh*t. The other 4% are the ones who remember the CBS days.

I was born in the Bronx Tommy. Rooting for the Yankees is my birthright. I suffered through the 80s and worse the early 90s when the Yankees had some horrible teams and were easily the worst organization in baseball.

Everyone knows that Florida residents care more about college sports than pro sports. Look at the Heat this season. There were 2 or 3 thousand Mavs fans at game 6 last week.

Do Florida residents flip between Florida, Florida State and Miami? Have most Florida residents, apart from yourself, not attended those Colleges?

That's being generous to the Heat. I think it was more like 8-10k.

My favorite is a kid I saw recently in a Heat Shirt and Yankees hat begging for money at a train stop. That's a real "winner" right there. :rolleyes:

So glad the Bruins parade was on a Saturday in the summer. People could go. People could bring their family. Pink hats could do their thing, I guess....and best of all, colleges are not in session! It's those a-holes (many who are not from the area and just jump on the bandwagon party train) who cause the problems.

Ya know, Florida is interesting. I dont consider it the South because its totally different than all the other Southern states. But in general, I think the South, likes College sports more and Florida would fall into that category as well. But its really hard to gauge because so many people are like me and Klacko who are transients from the NE that prefer pro sports. And using Miami as an example of Florida sports is bad. Miami is just the worst sports town in the country.

However, I think its safe to say Florida in general prefers college sports. In terms of how they chose...thats tough too. 90% of Miami has no ties to the private school known as the U, but that team embodies that area so everyone is a Canes fan in S.FL. That said, you have a large South Florida presence at the major universities. Just about all my friends from School were from South Florida or Orlando...so you have a large UF following too.

I'd say that you either pick your team in Florida based on a) did you go to school there? B) did your parents/siblings go to school there c) proximity of that school to your city d) who is good at the current time.

Jax is basically Gainesville on the water. Tons of Gators in this town...but there are a ton of FSU fans too.

Dont know if there is a rhyme or reason. Seems like when I first moved here, you were either FSU or UM. Now it seems everyone is a UF fan. And now with UCF and USF growing...it beats me how people decide...lol.

Little known secret. I was an FSU fan before going to UF because my sister went to FSU. Please dont tell anyone.

Ya know, Florida is interesting. I dont consider it the South because its totally different than all the other Southern states. But in general, I think the South, likes College sports more and Florida would fall into that category as well. But its really hard to gauge because so many people are like me and Klacko who are transients from the NE that prefer pro sports. And using Miami as an example of Florida sports is bad. Miami is just the worst sports town in the country.

However, I think its safe to say Florida in general prefers college sports. In terms of how they chose...thats tough too. 90% of Miami has no ties to the private school known as the U, but that team embodies that area so everyone is a Canes fan in S.FL. That said, you have a large South Florida presence at the major universities. Just about all my friends from School were from South Florida or Orlando...so you have a large UF following too.

I'd say that you either pick your team in Florida based on a) did you go to school there? B) did your parents/siblings go to school there c) proximity of that school to your city d) who is good at the current time.

Jax is basically Gainesville on the water. Tons of Gators in this town...but there are a ton of FSU fans too.

Dont know if there is a rhyme or reason. Seems like when I first moved here, you were either FSU or UM. Now it seems everyone is a UF fan. And now with UCF and USF growing...it beats me how people decide...lol.

Little known secret. I was an FSU fan before going to UF because my sister went to FSU. Please dont tell anyone.

I'm tellin' everybody!

I'm tellin' everybody!

You dont want me to get all American Airlines on you, do you??? lol

You already knew this though, didnt you? Too funny, I was at my folks house for fathers day and my Pops busted out a picture of me in FSU gear from head to toe. lol

You dont want me to get all American Airlines on you, do you??? lol

You already knew this though, didnt you? Too funny, I was at my folks house for fathers day and my Pops busted out a picture of me in FSU gear from head to toe. lol

Honestly, I didn't. I would have mocked you mercilessly had I known. Remember, I'm an ND fan. Based on what you've just told us, you were an FSU fan in '93. Had I known you were an FSU in '93 I would have given you a huge load of crap for stealing the National Title from ND and ruining college football.

Honestly, I didn't. I would have mocked you mercilessly had I known. Remember, I'm an ND fan. Based on what you've just told us, you were an FSU fan in '93. Had I known you were an FSU in '93 I would have given you a huge load of crap for stealing the National Title from ND and ruining college football.

Ha...I thought we talked about this with Tim one Sunday.

Yes, I would have been an FSU fan at that time. I wasnt die hard...just had gear that my sister bought me and had to take sides in the UF/UM battles.

Well said. I was actually going to bring up UCF but thought that would be a slap in the face of Florida "sports fans."

As you have experienced, New York, Philly and Boston fans living in Florida are insufferable. But they are that way because they support their pro teams. I love my UMass-Lowell hockey team but they BC, BU, Maine don't get much any coverage up here in Mass. BC football? Joke.

Archived