No Player Vote Today

mfmartin

Im officially irritated.

Although winding down the final details is takimg longer than advertised it is all close...and it won't be long from here. I agree on the irritation though....

There was a conditional vote that passed, but the conditional part comes into play with the two remaining lawsuits that need resolution--the Doty case and the Brady/Manning/Jackson case. The owners were hoping that the players would throw them out to get the deal signed, but it looks like the players want to stick it to the owners a little bit. Doty's case would make the owners write a fat check for damages to the PA and the Brady/Manning one is essentially keeping the union from officially reconstituting. No union means no official vote. That one is tough because Jackson and Mankins want to be declared UFA's immediately, and that's probably not going to happen.

I'm not confident. If it were this close like that idiot Schefter has been reporting for a month- it would have been done two weeks ago.

The difference is that if it's not done this week, players and owners start losing money at the same rate as pre-season games get lost.. Previously, owners and players were trading losses--"you take my workout bonus? I'll take your PSL deadlines," etc.

The difference is that if it's not done this week, players and owners start losing money at the same rate as pre-season games get lost.. Previously, owners and players were trading losses--"you take my workout bonus? I'll take your PSL deadlines," etc.

Its gonna happen....get ready to miss some football folks

SI_JimTrotter

Players conditionally voted yesterday. Owners to vote today. But lockout won't lift today regardless. RT @texans90 will sides vote today??

It's expected to be "done" Friday. Trotter apparently likes throwing gas on fires. If the owners sign off, it's two phone calls to resolve Doty and Brady/Manning.

And then Friday turns into Monday and then Monday turns into August and so on and so on.

If the deal were this close they would have signed off on it already. I'm generally negative when people drag their feet though(if you've ever been in sales, you'll know)....because it usually ends up bad even though they swear up and down that its good.

And then Friday turns into Monday and then Monday turns into August and so on and so on.

If the deal were this close they would have signed off on it already. I'm generally negative when people drag their feet though(if you've ever been in sales, you'll know)....because it usually ends up bad even though they swear up and down that its good.

We shall see, my esteemed friend. I'm guessing these greedy pricks don't forfeit another penny.

There was a conditional vote that passed, but the conditional part comes into play with the two remaining lawsuits that need resolution--the Doty case and the Brady/Manning/Jackson case. The owners were hoping that the players would throw them out to get the deal signed, but it looks like the players want to stick it to the owners a little bit. Doty's case would make the owners write a fat check for damages to the PA and the Brady/Manning one is essentially keeping the union from officially reconstituting. No union means no official vote. That one is tough because Jackson and Mankins want to be declared UFA's immediately, and that's probably not going to happen.

The NFLPA are a bunch of MFers if they dont pass this CBA after all the work that has gone into it.

The owners will pass the new CBA on their end today in Atlanta leaving the players as the ones who will screw up football for this year when they keep jerking around.

The NFLPA are a bunch of MFers if they dont pass this CBA after all the work that has gone into it.

The owners will pass the new CBA on their end today in Atlanta leaving the players as the ones who will screw up football for this year when they keep jerking around.

If memory serves- the owners started this mess.

Thew players are going to continue to drag their feet imo.

The owners created this whole thing just to steal back about 4% of all revenues. That's all they got. The players killed them everywhere else. If the players want to milk it an extra day to keep the owners from mailing out their PSL ultimatums, so be it.

If memory serves- the owners started this mess.

Thew players are going to continue to drag their feet imo.

The players dercertified as a Union and sued the owners. Then, the owners locked them out.

The owners had every right to opt out of the old CBA. It wasnt working in a recession.

The owners created this whole thing just to steal back about 4% of all revenues. That's all they got. The players killed them everywhere else. If the players want to milk it an extra day to keep the owners from mailing out their PSL ultimatums, so be it.

It remains to be seen who got what. Details of the fine print always comes out later.

But, I can see you being a Union man wanting to claim victory.

We shall see, my esteemed friend. I'm guessing these greedy pricks don't forfeit another penny.

And that's the bottom line. Every other negative aspect you could possibly mention about either side in this regard I'd probably agree with, but the bottom line is both sides have shown themselves to be some of the greediest assholes imaginable and neither side is going to be willing to push it to the point where they all lose money and nobody wins a damn thing out of the process. We've officially hit the point where neither side has any reason to drag this on any further, outside of a couple individual assholes (i.e., Mankins / Jackson) who I think the NFL and NFLPA should both be more than happy to remove from the class action suit and watch those two assholes get bled of every cent they have as the NFL tears them apart in court (if for no other reason than resources).

Couldn't you at least look some of this stuff up on Google first? Just a little bit?

Sure Tom. Here you go.

If you need anything else just PM me.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-Players-Association-union-decertifies-labor-talks-owners-031111

By decertifying, the NFLPA has renounced bargaining rights with the league and is now categorized as a "trade association" of current and former players.

Decertification clears the way for players to pursue individual or class-action lawsuits against the NFL on claims of antitrust violations (i.e. unfair business practices designed to create a monopoly).

Shortly after Friday's decertification, (Its me Tom. The NFLPA decertified Friday 3/11/11.The owners locked the players out Saturday 3/12/11 http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/12/eveningnews/main20042539.shtml) an antitrust lawsuit was filed against the NFL by nine current NFL players — including star quarterbacks Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady — and one top draft prospect (Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller). The suit was filed with David Doty, a U.S. district court judge with a lengthy history of favorable NFLPA rulings.

According to the Associated Press, the lawsuit claims the NFL conspired to deny players the chance to market their services "through a patently unlawful group boycott and price-fixing arrangement or, in the alternative, a unilaterally imposed set of anti-competitive restrictions on player movement, free agency, and competitive market freedom."

The players sued the owners and the owners locked them out. Just like I said.

The players dercertified as a Union and sued the owners. Then, the owners locked them out.

The owners had every right to opt out of the old CBA. It wasnt working in a recession.

Accidental +1 by me-I meant to hit quote!

All I know is that the players were quite willing to continue on the terms of the old agreement.

The fact that the owners insisted on changing things means OWNERS' FAULT to me.

Accidental +1 by me-I meant to hit quote!

All I know is that the players were quite willing to continue on the terms of the old agreement.

The fact that the owners insisted on changing things means OWNERS' FAULT to me.

The old CBA wasnt working for some of the owners who built new stadiums out of pocket, but all 32 owners voted out of the old agreement including Al Davis.

Archived