New league year per Schefter

Lupz27

Filed to ESPN: Latest timeline for getting NFL back in business - subject to approval by the NFLPA. Here are the details...

UberSocial for BlackBerry • 7/25/11 8:44 AM

Teams can sign their free agents this afternoon. Teams can begin talking to UFAs this afternoon. Teams can sign UFAs tomorrow at noon.

UberSocial for BlackBerry • 7/25/11 8:45 AM

Teams can begin talking trades this afternoon. Any trade made would not become official until Saturday.

Teams can begin signing UFAs tomorrow at noon. Those contracts would not take effect until Aug 2.

Ten teams would report Weds, 10 Thurs, 10 Fri, with Jets and Texans reporting on Sunday. New league year would start Aug. 2 at 4 pm.

Find it very weird that you can do all this but the new league year doesn't start till next Tuesday, so if I'm not mistaken you could essentially be 20 million over the cap and have till Aug. 2nd to get under, (contracts and trades dont go into affect until then even rhou you can agree to them) gonna be some sneaky sh*t going on

Wow. UFAs can sign tomorrow at noon but won't actually practice until August 2nd? Good luck getting up to speed.

That makes it even more important to bring back your own guys, IE Holmes, Edwards, Pool. I still say **** Cro, sign Joseph

Another thing if you can't get Pads on for 3 days that means no contact for the Jets until Wednesday August 3rd, Rex isn't gonna like that, especially when 10 other teams will be in pads and hitting before our team has reported.

Find it very weird that you can do all this but the new league year doesn't start till next Tuesday, so if I'm not mistaken you could essentially be 20 million over the cap and have till Aug. 2nd to get under, (contracts and trades dont go into affect until then even rhou you can agree to them) gonna be some sneaky sh*t going on

This kills teams that are over the cap. GMs must be calling agents so hard and fast right now to renegotiate it must be sick. I won't be surprised if a team like the Giants just starts cutting guys instead of spending time they don't have trying to restructure.

This kills teams that are over the cap. GMs must be calling agents so hard and fast right now to renegotiate it must be sick. I won't be surprised if a team like the Giants just starts cutting guys instead of spending time they don't have trying to restructure.

I think if you want to gamble you can work in reverse sign FA's, try to restructure 2nd and then if all else fails and you can't get under Monday night start releasing players, so I think this helps front offices more than the previous reported schedules

I think if you want to gamble you can work in reverse sign FA's, try to restructure 2nd and then if all else fails and you can't get under Monday night start releasing players, so I think this helps front offices more than the previous reported schedules

Good point. Dicey move, but it can work.

Another thing if you can't get Pads on for 3 days that means no contact for the Jets until Wednesday August 3rd, Rex isn't gonna like that, especially when 10 other teams will be in pads and hitting before our team has reported.

I am quite sure Rex had a part in that date.

We all know he is an "old school" type coach but don't kid yourself with his defense and Shotty's over thought offense classroom time is really the more important of the two.

These guys have been hitting all of their lives.

I would think quite the opposite is true.

Unlike a normal league year, they don't have to be under the cap before signing a single free agent. They can make their moves, re-sign their own guys, sign new UFAs and then worry about getting under the cap.

I am quite sure Rex had a part in that date.

We all know he is an "old school" type coach but don't kid yourself with his defense and Shotty's over thought offense classroom time is really the more important of the two.

These guys have been hitting all of their lives.

That's a good point classroom work will be so far behind that it will be so important to crash course it for those 3 days.

Schefter and Glazer reports are contradicting, which tells me the players want Glazers report, and the owners Schefters report, and that is still one of the last things they have to agree to in the next 2 hours.

Schefter and Glazer reports are contradicting, which tells me the players want Glazers report, and the owners Schefters report, and that is still one of the last things they have to agree to in the next 2 hours.

Gotta trust Glazer over Schefter

I don't completely agree there both reporting what their sources are telling them Glazer's is from the PA and Schefters is from the owners, the side that caves on the last issue will decide who is correct on the report.

Guest Jpf4671

I would normally agree but watching schefter on mike and mike he's reporting it as 100percent fact, I can't see him wrong on this

I would normally agree but watching schefter on mike and mike he's reporting it as 100percent fact, I can't see him wrong on this

Schefter knows better than to say 100% fact the players might want something different and the owners might cave. I hope Schefter is right.

Not everyone is as dumb as you...maybe worse at spelling, but definitley not as dumb.

I am feeling the PMS out in full strength this AM... the NFL is back for sure... everyone has their panties in a bunch.

Wow both Schefter and Glazer are beating their chest about their time line I wonder who is right.

The CBA still needs to be approved. Trotter just tweeted "you never know..." with the way this has gone, he's right, who knows if this ends today.

Ten teams would report Weds, 10 Thurs, 10 Fri, with Jets and Texans reporting on Sunday. New league year would start Aug. 2 at 4 pm.

I don't understand why the teams can't open camp when they want to. What difference would it make if all 32 teams opened at the same time?

I don't understand why the teams can't open camp when they want to. What difference would it make if all 32 teams opened at the same time?

Every team has 15 days before their first game.

Ecurbs response awnsers that, someone else also posted the Jets didn't expect to open camp till the 31st anyway without a lockout so it shouldn't be that big a deal

Ecurbs response awnsers that, someone else also posted the Jets didn't expect to open camp till the 31st anyway without a lockout so it shouldn't be that big a deal

This is true too... this has had no effect on the JETS timing of camp..

The CBA still needs to be approved. Trotter just tweeted "you never know..." with the way this has gone, he's right, who knows if this ends today.

Jeffrey Kesler just entered the PA headquarters giving the thumbs up it's a done deal.

No CBA that has been recommended by the executive committee has ever not been approved by players. This is a done deal. The logistics of getting everything restarted just need to be figured out now.

No CBA that has been recommended by the executive committee has ever not been approved by players. This is a done deal. The logistics of getting everything restarted just need to be figured out now.

This

Someone said if the executive committee let the players vote back in March on that horrible proposal by the NFL it would have passed with flying colors, most just want to play, and don't understand the process that's why there is an executive committee.

Guest Jpf4671

Mort and Clayton now on board with Glazer reporting tomorrow will be the first day,..I should've known better than to believe that pompous idiot Schefter,...my apologies to matt39

Archived