Enter The Terminator

TNJet

T-Rich is the man and I respect the hell out of him as a player and as a leader on and off the field, but this kind of move was to be expected.

The Jets didn't draft Connor to be a backup for an extended period of time.

He's had a year to learn from one of the best in the business (of all-time, might I add) but he was going to be given the job sooner or later.

T-Rich is the man and I respect the hell out of him as a player and as a leader on and off the field, but this kind of move was to be expected.

The Jets didn't draft Connor to be a backup for an extended period of time.

He's had a year to learn from one of the best in the business (of all-time, might I add) but he was going to be given the job sooner or later.

Not to mention, there's simply no way we carry 6 backs. We have 4 RB's that likely will not be cut, plus Conner. That's plenty.

Not to mention, there's simply no way we carry 6 backs. We have 4 RB's that likely will not be cut, plus Conner. That's plenty.

Exactly. I wouldn't doubt if the reason the Jets felt comfortable drafting Powell to begin with was knowing they carried 5 RBs last year and had no issue doing the same again, with the expected departure of T-Rich. The fact that the most likely to be cut HB would be LT should tell you all you need to know about how heavily loaded the RB situation is going to already be, as there's no way he goes anywhere if for nothing other than one reason: Sanchez. There's no question the kid was more than happy to have a receiving threat at RB, and it helped him out quite a bit at times last year. I can't imagine them taking that away from him until McKnight clearly proves he's ready to take over that role. Outside of LT, the team certainly hasn't given up on McKnight yet, Powell was just drafted and Greene is penciled in as the starter. So unless Powell blows the Jets out of the water over the next month and the Jets can get something decent in a trade of Greene, you've got 4 HBs locked in.

That said, wasn't it being reported that T-Rich was planning to retire this year anyway? Or was that more of a matter of what he would do if he didn't make it with the Jets (as opposed to going to another team)?

Archived