Kerley Most Impressive Skill Position Player In First Pads Session

flgreen

I do actually think he's got a legit shot to make the team as the #5 WR and if not, is a sure bet to make the PS. You're right, despite his association with Sanchez, the kid is a legit football player and while he's probably never going to be a starting caliber player, he certainly has a chance to be a contributor.

He's gonna have to bust his hump just to make the team on specials. I'm sure Sanchez has been explaining to him how it works, and I'm sure he'll be pulling for him behind the scenes, too.

He and the UDFA's have a steep hill to climb, and a short time to get there with the lockout. I think every other draft pick clearly makes the roster.

Honestly? Watching that highlight reel, it's really not that impressive. And that's 3 condensed minutes of the best plays of his college career? The man needs to be a killer on coverage teams, and maybe he can get on the field once in a while in 4 or 5 WR sets. Maybe.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's gonna have to bust his hump just to make the team on specials. I'm sure Sanchez has been explaining to him how it works, and I'm sure he'll be pulling for him behind the scenes, too.

He and the UDFA's have a steep hill to climb, and a short time to get there with the lockout. I think every other draft pick clearly makes the roster.

Honestly? Watching that highlight reel, it's really not that impressive. And that's 3 condensed minutes of the best plays of his college career? The man needs to be a killer on coverage teams, and maybe he can get on the field once in a while in 4 or 5 WR sets. Maybe.

Oh yeah, I completely agree, but the WR position isn't deep enough that it's not that he has no shot was more my point. Even if the Jets sign Mason that's still only 4 WRs locked into a roster spot. There's no reason that he won't have as good of a chance, if not better, to to fill out the bottom of that WR position as any of the other UDFA or PS players he'd be competing with, but in the end he still has to earn that spot. I completely agree that his special teams abilities, or lack thereof, will play a major part in whether he makes the roster or not.

As far as the "highlights" go, the thing I got out of it more than anything is his QB was freakin' horrible.

rodboone Rod Boone

L.T. also had some very high praise for @Jkerley85. Said: "I don't really see anybody being able to cover him in the slot." #Jets

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

#Jets Rex Ryan: "(Jeremy) Kerley has got a chance to be something special." #nyj

This could be really interesting. Looking forward to seeing him play in preseason. Him, Turner, and Mcknight are gonna be guys to watch and see what they can do and if they can maybe make an impact this year.

Gotta say, I'm pretty excited to see if this kid can keep it up. Been a while since I've gotten amped about a WR we drafted.

Agreed, and it's one thing for Rex to say it, but for guys like Sanchez and LT to come out and talk about the guy the way they have says a lot. Definitely feel more pumped about Kerley than I have about any drafted WR, and really any non-first round rookie, in quite a while.

Agreed, and it's one thing for Rex to say it, but for guys like Sanchez and LT to come out and talk about the guy the way they have says a lot. Definitely feel more pumped about Kerley than I have about any drafted WR, and really any non-first round rookie, in quite a while.

LT more than anyone for me. He's been around and seen alot more offense. Rex and Sanchez are kinda MEH to me on that front but ****ers like Cimini are even giving him props.

do you really have to be an a$$ about every post someone makes?

No.

Not every post.

Perhaps you could answer me this; What do you think Mark Sanchez and LaDanian Tomlinson are going to say about a rookie receiver on their team? Do you think they are going to be forthcoming to the media? If he was just an average 5th round pick, do you really think Mark Sanchez and LaDanian Tomlinson wold offer that up to the media, or do you think they might try to paint the guy in the most favorable light possible?

I'm new to this. I've only been following the Jets for forty years, so I'm interested in your opinion. You seem to know a lot about football.

No.

Not every post.

Perhaps you could answer me this; What do you think Mark Sanchez and LaDanian Tomlinson are going to say about a rookie receiver on their team? Do you think they are going to be forthcoming to the media? If he was just an average 5th round pick, do you really think Mark Sanchez and LaDanian Tomlinson wold offer that up to the media, or do you think they might try to paint the guy in the most favorable light possible?

I'm new to this. I've only been following the Jets for forty years, so I'm interested in your opinion. You seem to know a lot about football.

granted you have been following this for longer than i have been born and im sure you may know alot more about football than i do as do a lot of people here. but your comment about the rings is just Stupid Lt is one of the most respected RBs to ever touch a football i think he might know something about talent.

No.

Not every post.

Or perhaps, rather than saying he was an average 5th round pick, they wouldn't take the time to go out of their way to talk about said 5th round pick while not bothering to mention the 1st, 3rd, 4th or either of the 7th round picks. But hey, no need to take the most logical line of thinking when you can provide your great nuggets of insight, right?

Or perhaps, rather than saying he was an average 5th round pick, they wouldn't take the time to go out of their way to talk about said 5th round pick while not bothering to mention the 1st, 3rd, 4th or either of the 7th round picks. But hey, no need to take the most logical line of thinking when you can provide your great nuggets of insight, right?

Yeah, you're right.

Kerley - first ballot.

LT more than anyone for me. He's been around and seen alot more offense. Rex and Sanchez are kinda MEH to me on that front but ****ers like Cimini are even giving him props.

The only thing to keep in mind there is that Kerley comes from LT's Alma mater. Sometimes these guys get a little clique-y with with their college brethren.

But I'm looking forward to seeing this kid in the preseason, too.

No.

Not every post.

Oh. One of those, got it.

The only thing to keep in mind there is that Kerley comes from LT's Alma mater. Sometimes these guys get a little clique-y with with their college brethren.

But I'm looking forward to seeing this kid in the preseason, too.

Nice call there. Hey at this stage if he can become a viable option it'd be huge for the Jets. I never count on rookies but will keep an eye out for Kerley. Of course this must mean I'm an idiot who is saying he's Canton bound.

Archived