Hey Ellis

madmikeisback

I love Ellis and I'm sad to see him go but thats how the NFL works. We obviously weren't gonna pay him to be anything more then a back up or stop gap and while he had a good year last year we drafted two highly rated D-lineman and he's 33. Good for Ellis for finding somewhere that was willing to pay him more to start, it sucks that it was the Patriots but I still wish him all the best except for when he's playing us.

Sentimentality has no place in an NFL front office, I'm glad to see them making moves like this and Cotch instead of locking up players for more money when its clear they are on the downside of their careers no matter how great they were as Jets. If players like Joe Montana, Emmit Smith, and Deion Sanders can end up playing for different teams later in their career I think Jet fans can live with Ellis not being a Jet his whole career.

I love Ellis and I'm sad to see him go but thats how the NFL works. We obviously weren't gonna pay him to be anything more then a back up or stop gap and while he had a good year last year we drafted to highly rated D-lineman and he's 33. Good for Ellis for finding somewhere that was willing to pay him more to start it sucks that it was the Patriots but I still wish him all the best except for when he's playing us.

Sentimentality has no place in an NFL front office, I'm glad to see them making moves like this and Cotch instead of locking up players for more money when its clear they are on the downside of their careers no matter how great they were as Jets. If players like Joe Montana, Emmit Smith, and Deion Sanders can end up playing for different teams later in their career I think Jet fans can live with Ellis not being a Jet his whole career.

great post

But everyone wants to play for Rex! Isnt that what the media ses? :unsure:

At what point in the season will you have moved on from the loss of Braylon?? Money is clearly the only thing that matters in the vast majority of these cases and I don't blame Ellis for doing what's best for himself. I'd rather him be here, but he went to our division rival for a money grab.

At what point in the season will you have moved on from the loss of Braylon?? Money is clearly the only thing that matters in the vast majority of these cases and I don't blame Ellis for doing what's best for himself. I'd rather him be here, but he went to our division rival for a money grab.

When I see what the dude that shot himself in the thigh can do...

The rams are not the cheating scum. Ellis is dead to most Jet fans.

Joe Klecko finished his career with the then division rival Colts. It happens, and Ellis is neither Namath or Klecko. I expect Ellis to have a similar impact on the Pats as those two Jets' greats had in their final years.

Would've loved to keep him, but he was really more useful to the Jets as a tutor to the young guys than as a player on the field.

And when all is said and done, he'll be remembered as a fine Jet.

No heart and soul left to this team - goodbye Jenks, Braylon, Woody, Cotch, Shaun, etc, etc, etc

Since when was Jenkins, Braylon and Woody the "heart and soul" of our team? This has turned into pure comedy. Jenkins only played one full season in 2008 and missed 25 games during our last two playoff runs. Braylon Edwards only arrived to the Jets during week 4 of 2009. Having a DUI and a recent club scene incident doesn't make for the heart and soul of the Jets. Damien Woody as the heart and soul of the New York Jets? Now that's funny. The Patriots selected him 17th overall in the first round of the 1999 draft. Woody would go on to start 76 games with the Patriots, mostly at center. As the anchor of a tough and effective New England offensive line, Woody was a member of two Super-Bowl-winning teams, in 2001 and 2003. He's going down as a PATRIOT; Not as a JET. He was nothing more than a stop-gap player until we signed players such as Wayne Hunter and drafted Vladimir Ducasse. Sione Pouha has meant more to our defense than Jenkins has during our last two runs to the AFC Championship Game. Pouha deserves to be mentioned as a heart and soul before an often and always injured Jenkins.

I'll agree, Shaun Ellis was the heart of our defense for many of years, but he wasn't the only soul we have on defense. Rex Ryan speaks volumes himself. Same goes for Cotchery, but he was never the heart and soul of our offense, he just played with heart as a great locker room guy.

You just stated... "No heart and soul left to this team". Really man? What about Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, Brandon Moore, Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, David Harris, Darrelle Revis, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace etc, etc... Those guys aren't the heart and soul of our team, but guys like Jenkins, Braylon and Woody were? Give me a break. Anything to complain right? Guys such as LaDainian Tomlinson and Santonio Holmes have also embraced the roles of leadership.

Archived