Hey Ellis

madmikeisback

Oh yeah, obviously. We all know anytime anything happens that not every single Jets fan is happy about the FO must always be to blame and have done everything wrong. God, this board is becoming unbearable lately.

If the Jets wanted him back badly enough he would be back. I can't wait to hear the contract details. You'd figure that with two high draft picks on the line you'd want someone they can learn from. This will hurt the Jets big time.

Between Woodhead, its clear the Pats are now relying on Jets cast-offs to be bigtime players. Neither Woodhead nor Ellis would have been anything but role-players for us. In Woodhead's case, he probably wouldnt have even made the active roster last season.

F-ck Ellis. Sure. But really, the guy is in his 30s and in the last year or so of his career. We just drafted a guy who's 22. And we have 4 others on the line under 30. Truth is, this doesn't really hurt us.

If they hadn't offered him the NFL equivalent of minimum wage I'm sure he would have preferred playing here. If you work at Pepsi and get told to f-ck off does that mean you rule out working for Coke?

If the Jets wanted him back badly enough he would be back. I can't wait to hear the contract details. You'd figure that with two high draft picks on the line you'd want someone they can learn from. This will hurt the Jets big time.

You should probably worry more about how your Giants are doing

Or with two high draft picks on the line they felt they didn't need to pour more money than deserved into an aging veteran. Whether people get it or not, Pouha and DeVito are now veteran leaders on this DL, Wilkerson and Ellis are potential young studs and Pitoitua is clearly a Rex favorite. Not to mention that the Jets still have many of last years depth players like Dixon. There's a lot going on with that DL that was built by one of the best DL guys in the league (Rex), so call me crazy, but I think they'll be just fine without one old guy on the downside of his career. Don't get me wrong, I would've been glad to have Ellis back, but this concept that every time the FO doesn't do everything exactly the way the fans wants make them this incompetent group of bumbling idiots is nothing more than child-like incessant whining.

In the end, even if the Jets are the ones who decided not to bring him back, and not the other way around (which you have no way of knowing, other than a desire to blame it on the Jets FO), Ellis is still the one who decided to sign with the Patriots, so he's the enemy now, and that's on him. That said, I'm pretty sure he clearly doesn't give a crap.

If they hadn't offered him the NFL equivalent of minimum wage I'm sure he would have preferred playing here. If you work at Pepsi and get told to f-ck off does that mean you rule out working for Coke?

Right and this is where they screwed up yet again

No heart and soul left to this team - goodbye Jenks, Braylon, Woody, Cotch, Shaun, etc, etc, etc

We do not win that playoff game in New England with out him last year. He is going to be SUPER motivated to play us twice a year Woodhead part 2 :unsure:

are you talking about the 2 coverage sacks that ellis made,barely laying a hand on him 1 time? whoever was playing that position gets those sacks. ellis has been solid but unspectacular his entire career.at this stage in his career, with the players the jets have on the dline, he would have been a rotational guy and mentor at best. **** him. really. the patriots??? this is the equivelant of jason taylor to the jets.eliis doesnt sniff 4 sacks this year. book it

anybody else besides the pats,i am fine with it. the piece of sh*t is a traitor

We do not win that playoff game in New England with out him last year. He is going to be SUPER motivated to play us twice a year Woodhead part 2 :unsure:

i think the motivation will be on the jets side,not ellis'. he is gonna come to the meadowlands with his tail between his legs.

Hello all. Been a while. I hope all is well...

Anyway people bitching calling Ellis a traitor are ridiculous. He was shafted. Jets FO has made so many questionable moves this season. Personally I cannot still fathom why pay Plaxico so much and not pay Ellis. That mustve been a huge reason why he left to the Pats. Either way I have begun to mentally prepare myself for the absolute sh*t storm of a season we are going to have. Now that they have Ellis there is no reason Haynesworth doesnt come up big and lets not forget they still have Wilfork. Who do we have for our DLine? I want to believe that our rookie is gonna be a stud right out of the gate but I doubt it. The Jets shouldve made more of an effort to keep Ellis but they basically spat in his face. Now he's gonna sh*t in ours as payback...

Right and this is where they screwed up yet again

No heart and soul left to this team - goodbye Jenks, Braylon, Woody, Cotch, Shaun, etc, etc, etc

Oh relax. We still have Sanchez, Mangold, Brick, Moore, Scott, Revis, Leonhard, Harris, Thomas, Pace, Pouha, LT, and others. Cotch, Woody, S.Ellis and Jenks were definitely great leaders. Two of those retired, one felt he wasnt being treated properly, so the we granted him his release. The last (Ellis) is an aging DE that gave it his all for over a decade for this franchise. But at the end of the day, given his age and after drafting 2 DL with the 1st 2 picks we had in April, there was no way re-signing him to be just another body in the rotation was going to ever be a priority.

Just like when we lost Faneca, Leon, Pennington, Mawae, etc... Letting older leaders go forces the younger guys to pick up the slack and make that role their own. We still have a nice veteran presence on this team. We will be fine.

Hello all. Been a while. I hope all is well...

Anyway people bitching calling Ellis a traitor are ridiculous. He was shafted. Jets FO has made so many questionable moves this season. Personally I cannot still fathom why pay Plaxico so much and not pay Ellis. That mustve been a huge reason why he left to the Pats. Either way I have begun to mentally prepare myself for the absolute sh*t storm of a season we are going to have. Now that they have Ellis there is no reason Haynesworth doesnt come up big and lets not forget they still have Wilfork. Who do we have for our DLine? I want to believe that our rookie is gonna be a stud right out of the gate but I doubt it. The Jets shouldve made more of an effort to keep Ellis but they basically spat in his face. Now he's gonna sh*t in ours as payback...

Got news for you man, Shaun Ellis is not going to be the guy to make or break anyone's season. Neither will Jerricho Cotchery. Mo Wilkerson's ceiling for this season is exponentially higher than Ellis's, and his floor is not much lower. Dont get me wrong, I am a huge Ellis fan, love the way he busted his a$$ over the past decade... But those last four words are the reason why he was not a priority this offseason... He's been playing, and starting, for over a decade, and is at or near the end of his career. With having 19 UFA's this year, and only a week or two so far to make moves, the FO had to prioritize. They locked up their #1 reciever, re-signed their #2 cb, added strickland for depth in the db, re-signed both smith and pool at safety, re-signed hunter on the OL, and signed Plax and Mason at WR. We drafted 2 DL with our 1st 2 picks and traded up in the 5th for a WR that is, so far, having a great camp. Losing guys like Ellis and Brad Smith doesn't help us... But lets face it, neither would be much more than a role player for the Jets this season. Lets not act like we just lost our franchise QB or anything like that.

Oh yeah, obviously. We all know anytime anything happens that not every single Jets fan is happy about the FO must always be to blame and have done everything wrong. God, this board is becoming unbearable lately.

lol. Plus 100

Ya, Jets didnt want to give a backup a 2 yr extension

all Tanny/Rex have done is give us 2 afc champ games in a row. when do fans trust them?

some fans think their is no cap ,and we can throw cash and contracts out to guys thru sentimentality even if they are old and injured.

Rex Ryan knows D-line play. If he was seriously worried about it, there would've been a bigger push to bring Ellis back.

Sucks he went to the Patriots but it's a business. I don't hold it against him.

Seriously, if there was any one position that even the most pessimistic Jets fan should have faith in with Rex as the coach, it should be the DL.

Archived