New kickoff rule...

madmikeisback

Is horrible. Who's dumb idea was this?

Roger Goodell. He's trying to reduce the amount of injuries, but instead took plenty of potential momentum away from the game. Kickoff returns have always been a big part of the game, this could especially hurt the Jets, because over the years... we've always found ways to feature productive return men under Mike Westhoff.

Roger Goodell. He's trying to reduce the amount of injuries, but instead took plenty of potential momentum away from the game. Kickoff returns have always been a big part of the game, this could especially hurt the Jets, because over the years... we've always found ways to feature productive return men under Mike Westhoff.

Yeah but at the same time, nobody will be bitching about the next Mike Nugent's short kickoffs.

I thought defense wins championships?

Gonna hurt Smith's value to the Bills big time. Westhoff estimated that 35% of the kick offs wouldn't be returned. Up from 18%

he also said they better kick it in the bleaches or we were bring it out.

After watching the Pats game another rule that's annoying is the review of every TD.

Pretty stupid if you ask me...takes one of the most exciting aspects of the game away.

I mean seriously, whats more exciting then a KR for a TD?

I ******* hate Roger Goodell.

Cause Goodell is the sole driving force of this not the competition committee right?

Jay Feely can line drive his kickoffs in Arizona all day long now.

You have no idea how happy I am that you made this post. I absolutely hated that douche, and that was one of the many reasons why. In Westhoff's entire tenure as Jets ST coach, Feely's two years here were the only time the Jets not only weren't the best team in the league at covering kicks, but downright sucked at it, and most people never understood this douchebag was the reason why. I was at that Dolphins game in 2009, and I will never forgive him for what happened that day.

Archived