•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VANISHING SWAGGER ~ ~ ~

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 kelly

kelly

is dancing w/ the devil ~

• Members
  • 2,373 posts
  • Locationdunwoody, ga ! !

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

The swagger’s gone, replaced by little more than false bravado. ¶ When the Jets trash talk now, it no longer elicits a positive reaction on the field. The words ring hollow, with little in terms of action backing them up. ¶ From the moment Rex Ryan stepped to the podium after being announced as the new head coach nearly four years ago, it’s been all about the swag. ¶ Now, his team is in a tailspin heading into a midseason bye week, Ryan faces the most important moment of his career. Because if he can’t find a way to restore that self confidence his players once walked and talked with right now, he may never be able to regain control. ¶ “I think as a football team we’re frustrated,” said Ryan on a conference call Monday. “We thought we were getting closer and closer. We thought we were getting better as a football team and then we had a big step back (Sunday).”

“I think we have enough talent. It’s just a matter, quite honestly, of trying to carry over what we’ve done on the practice field over on the game field. We’ve had some tremendous practices where I’m extremely confident and it just never carried over. I don’t understand why. Those are things we’re searching for.”

The past seven days spoke volumes about where the Jets are right now, engaging in a week’s worth of back-and-forth with the Miami Dolphins, only to have the Fish show up at MetLife Stadium and embarrass them, 30-9.Instead of rising to the occasion, they crumbled amid a dizzying array of botched assignments, mental gaffes and physical miscues.And all this coming a week after Ryan said they were going to beat New England, before the Jets’ squander a lead late in the fourth quarter before losing in overtime.What Ryan did admit was that they have to find more, and more creative ways to use Tim Tebow, while issuing a luke-warm endorsement of quarterback Mark Sanchez, whose overall numbers remain some of the least impressive among the league’s starters.“If it was one guy, that’s easy to say we’d make that change,” added Ryan. “But I think Mark gives us the best chance to win. That’s how I feel. Can Tim be successful? Absolutely, and we need to look at that as well. In my opinion, Mark as the starting quarterback gives my team the best chance to win.”

The reality, though, is that there aren’t that many lineup moves Ryan can make. His hands are tied at most positions. But with Tebow, he possesses a potential weapon that could put a charge into a team desperately seeking a new energy.“I think we’ll take a hard look at how we’re using (Tebow),” he noted, “what we’re asking him to do, is there other things we can do with him. I think you’re absolutely right. We will definitely look at that.”Over the next 12 days, Ryan must find a way to rehabilitate his team’s psyche. The body language as they made their way from the field to the locker room late Sunday afternoon was eye-opening.When Ryan was introduced on that January afternoon in 2009, he spoke of winning the Super Bowl, meeting the president sometime soon, and how his father, Buddy, was considered the greatest defensive coordinator ever, and that he was even better than him.He has yet to back up any of those proclamations, and there’s a chance his words are now losing the impact they once had with his players.

Ryan now faces a critical crossroads in this, his fourth season on the job. And if he’s unable to get his team right, restoring everyone’s swagger by the time they take the field in Seattle on Nov. 11, things could spiral out of control over the next two months.

> http://www.mycentral...?nclick_check=1
i ♥ u guys :P.. ..so ,.. u wanna talk some football ! ! ...cheers ~ ~ :beer:

#2 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Dude you have stamina.. you've been posting articles for years and years but never share any thoughts of your own. What's your story? It's all a little creepy.

Edited by Pac, 30 October 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#3 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,467 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Kelly = Just Another T0MGayne Alias

Edited by CTM, 30 October 2012 - 10:45 AM.

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#4 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Kelly = Just Another T0MGayne Alias

Possible but unlikely. I remember a JI thread that showed "Kelly" had posts on dozens of sports sites and they were all of the copy/paste article variety.

I just don't see the motivation.. what's the end game Kelly?

#5 CTM

CTM

• Members
  • 28,467 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Possible but unlikely. I remember a JI thread that showed "Kelly" had posts on dozens of sports sites and they were all of the copy/paste article variety.

I just don't see the motivation.. what's the end game Kelly?

Like all things T0MGayne, other peoples misery seems to be the prime directive
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

#6 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Dude you have stamina.. you've been posting articles for years and years but never share any thoughts of your own. What's your story? It's all a little creepy.

hi Pac ,

i.... http://sphotos-c.ak....8_1236211_n.jpg

:winking0001:

cheers ~ ~
:cheer:

#7 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Like all things T0MGayne, other peoples misery seems to be the prime directive

Yeah that's the thing though.. I could see posting controversial articles and trolling but that's not what's going on. Kel-he seems content to post everyday mundane stuff and blend into the woodwork. Makes no sense.

Time for an intervention.

#8 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

hi Pac ,

i.... http://sphotos-c.ak....8_1236211_n.jpg

:winking0001:

cheers ~ ~
:cheer:

See what I mean.. who does this?

#9 CTM

CTM

• Members
  • 28,467 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yeah that's the thing though.. I could see posting controversial articles and trolling but that's not what's going on. Kel-he seems content to post everyday mundane stuff and blend into the woodwork. Makes no sense.

Time for an intervention.

Yes, pretending to be a hot blond from sweden is def about spreading positive vibes... It's the attempted long con, but was discovered
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

#10 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

I'm going to lunch Kel-he.. when I come back I expect answers.

#11 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Yes, pretending to be a hot blond from sweden is def about spreading positive vibes... It's the attempted long con, but was discovered

yes but what was the con?? what is Kelly looking for?

#12 CTM

CTM

• Members
  • 28,467 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Kelly's probably had 100 lonely guys pm him hitting on her. Gayne was probably exchanging nude pics with half of JI 4-5 years ago
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

#13 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,761 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Since CTM rarely starts them this thread is the closest e-equivalence to a haunted house on the web. Thank you Kelly!!!!!

#14 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,761 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

just stfu and put the lotion in the basket!

#15 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Since CTM rarely starts them this thread is the closest e-equivalence to a haunted house on the web. Thank you Kelly!!!!!

you're welcome ! !
:headbang:

#16 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm going to lunch Kel-he.. when I come back I expect answers.

oh ,,,,
ok.... http://sphotos-a.xx....115202244_n.jpg

#17 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

The dude really does freak me out.

#18 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

oh ,,,,
ok.... http://sphotos-a.xx....115202244_n.jpg

Can one of the ilk kindly come in and give us a psychological profile.. also statistical probabilities that this ends with Kelly assaulting a would be admirer etc.

Edited by Pac, 30 October 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#19 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,761 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Can one of the ilk kindly come in and give us a psychological profile.. also statistical probabilities that this ends with Kelly assaulting a would be admirer etc.

I think they're all out helping the homeless from last nights storm right now.

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,777 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

You guys are dicks. Kelly is a valuable resource. GFY's.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

You guys are dicks. Kelly is a valuable resource. GFY's.

other than providing imagery for your spank bank, what exactly is valuable about this resource?

#22 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

I read the article, it wanted me to comment..I said hell no.

#23 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,777 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

other than providing imagery for your spank bank, what exactly is valuable about this resource?

This would be a foreign concept to you and CTM, but Kelly provides interesting content. Aggregation.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#24 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

This would be a foreign concept to you and CTM, but Kelly provides interesting content. Aggregation.

week old articles from less than reputable publications?

your aggresive defense of Kelly is noted for the record.

#25 dolphann4life

dolphann4life

Young,Rich & OutofControl

• Members
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

just stfu and put the lotion in the basket!

LMFAO! Classic!

Edited by dolphann4life, 30 October 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users