• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,206 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Isn't the idea for this team to get younger and develop players with upside potential?

Pass.

Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#27 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,752 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

What about pass rushers? This team isn't loaded with those guys.

It would be great to add pass rushers, but didn't Freeney struggle this year in the 3-4? Not sure I'd consider him a pass rusher at OLB. I don't plan on looking it up, in fact, I don't even plan to read the rest of the thread to figure out if this is a genuine response, or just part of another one of you idiotic campaigns for attention.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#28 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,223 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

He is not a good fit for us- we also do not need another player older breaking down

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#29 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,197 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

It would be great to add pass rushers, but didn't Freeney struggle this year in the 3-4? Not sure I'd consider him a pass rusher at OLB. I don't plan on looking it up, in fact, I don't even plan to read the rest of the thread to figure out if this is a genuine response, or just part of another one of you idiotic campaigns for attention.

Why would it be an idiotic response?  The kid might as well do nothing but post sarcastic crap because nobody pays attention to his other posts in this thread.  We agree Freeny isn't best suited to the 3-4, however the Jets do not play straight 3-4 and we aren't looking for Freeny to play every down OLB.  We are looking for him to play the Jason Taylor/Aaron Maybin role. I don't see  plenty of reasons to think he would excel in that role, though his price will undoubtedly be too high to do only that.  Gato said that, but hey he must be defending Schotty in there somewhere. 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#30 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,191 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Rotfl forever a tool. You're a basic level sh*t talker dude. 

We agree Freeny isn't best suited to the 3-4, however the Jets do not play straight 3-4 and we aren't looking for Freeny to play every down OLB.  We are looking for him to play the Jason Taylor/Aaron Maybin role. I don't see  plenty of reasons to think he would excel in that role, though his price will undoubtedly be too high to do only that.  Gato said that, but hey he must be defending Schotty in there somewhere. 

Exactly. That said, the exactly is coming from a guy who thought Vince Oghobaase was going to change the very face of football defense in the 21st century.

Freeney would be an asset on a team that doesn't have many assets, and doesn't have that specific asset. Ask him to do what he's done best for over a decade - rush the passer - and this team probably just bought 7+ sacks. At the right price it's worth it. 

Isn't the idea for this team to get younger and develop players with upside potential?

It's one idea in a large group of ideas on how to build a team. Most are capable of mixing with each other. Signing Freeney doesn't stop the draft from happening, but it does fill a roster hole with a former elite NFL talent seemingly looking for a reduced role. He said it himself that the Jets' D would get him favorable matchups. 

Should throw in that he's only played with a DT of Wilkerson's caliber once. That would be Corey Simon in 2005. 

27 brought it up, but with this board's desperate push to trade Revis by faaaaaaar the best way to cover that loss (on defense, obviously a QB is an even better option) is to improve the pass rushers on the roster. 

Edited by SenorGato, 22 February 2013 - 10:01 AM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#31 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

he has a ring he gonna understandably go where the $$ is and that is not NYJ

#32 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,752 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Why would it be an idiotic response?  The kid might as well do nothing but post sarcastic crap because nobody pays attention to his other posts in this thread.  We agree Freeny isn't best suited to the 3-4, however the Jets do not play straight 3-4 and we aren't looking for Freeny to play every down OLB.  We are looking for him to play the Jason Taylor/Aaron Maybin role. I don't see  plenty of reasons to think he would excel in that role, though his price will undoubtedly be too high to do only that.  Gato said that, but hey he must be defending Schotty in there somewhere. 

Freeney's price tag is going to be that of an every-down player, no? I get your point, and what the ideal role for him would be with us. I don't think the Jets should pay top-tier FA money for a role player. If he's not looking for full-time role or pay, then sure, it's a viable option, if he wants to get paid. Forget it. I honestly would prefer we pursue free agents to play in our base formations before getting elite role players, lol

As far as Gato goes... meh. 

Rotfl forever a tool. You're a basic level sh*t talker dude. 

Hahahaha... you goofball. It wasn't meant as sh*t talk, just a qualifier that I didn't know if you were being serious or doing your "look at me" thing.

Tell me more about me. Please.

Edited by Integrity28, 22 February 2013 - 10:53 AM.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#33 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,197 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Freeney's price tag is going to be that of an every-down player, no? I get your point, and what the ideal role for him would be with us. I don't think the Jets should pay top-tier FA money for a role player. If he's not looking for full-time role or pay, then sure, it's a viable option, if he wants to get paid. Forget it. I honestly would prefer we pursue free agents to play in our base formations before getting elite role players, lol

As far as Gato goes... meh. 

Hahahaha... you goofball. It wasn't meant as sh*t talk, just a qualifier that I didn't know if you were being serious or doing your "look at me" thing.

Tell me more about me. Please.

That's why I posted that.  You don't get to point your finger at Gato on this one because you were too lazy to read the thread.  

#34 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,752 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

That's why I posted that.  You don't get to point your finger at Gato on this one because you were too lazy to read the thread.  

Wasn't pointing my finger, like I said, it was just a qualifying statement because I didn't know if I waltzed in in the middle of his typically trolling routine, and therefore didn't know and didn't care if he was being genuine with his question.

Save the lecture. I'll do what I want, dummy.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#35 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,197 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Be careful what you call me!  I am a rat now.  Just ask Max!

#36 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,752 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Be careful what you call me!  I am a rat now.  Just ask Max!

I know you are being facetious, but that said, the reason I qualified my response to Gato was to avoid arguing with him. As per Max's request. 

I'm just going to Rodney King this sh*t from now on. :)

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#37 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,197 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I know you are being facetious, but that said, the reason I qualified my response to Gato was to avoid arguing with him. As per Max's request. 

I'm just going to Rodney King this sh*t from now on. :)

I wish I was being facetious.  I am an unintentional rat.  I'm from Bensonhurst, I could get a death sentence for this!

#38 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,098 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

LEAVE GATO ALOOOOOOOOONE
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#39 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,197 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Pretty accurate T0m, but I don't wear mascara. 

th_Britney-LeaveBritneyAlone.gif

#40 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,752 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Pretty accurate T0m, but I don't wear mascara. 

th_Britney-LeaveBritneyAlone.gif

You are a rat... AND a liar.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#41 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,197 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

You are a rat... AND a liar.

I am NOT a liar.  I don't wear mascara.  That's eyeliner.

#42 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,191 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Freeney's price tag is going to be that of an every-down player, no? I get your point, and what the ideal role for him would be with us. I don't think the Jets should pay top-tier FA money for a role player. If he's not looking for full-time role or pay, then sure, it's a viable option..., lol

This ****in guy...

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#43 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

I wish I was being facetious.  I am an unintentional rat.  I'm from Bensonhurst, I could get a death sentence for this!

Nah, all's left is Russians and Chinese.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#44 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,197 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Nah, all's left is Russians and Chinese.

...and my mom, dad and 47 cousins. 

#45 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

...and my mom, dad and 47 cousins. 

LOL Your mom and mine. Last of the Mohicans. Watched the European Cup at Cafe Sorrento. Felt good.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#46 TechJet

TechJet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on earth in the US eastern time zone

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Freeney thats one dude I hope the Jets really try to sign  this offseason  he could help Rex Ryan, on second thought

I hope he don't sign with the Jets that way  Rex and his circus  leave town. ASAP.

Edited by TechJet, 23 February 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#47 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,197 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

LOL Your mom and mine. Last of the Mohicans. Watched the European Cup at Cafe Sorrento. Felt good.

Haha. That's Lorenzo's place, right?

#48 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Freeney thats one dude I hope the Jets really try to sign  this offseason  he could help Rex Ryan, on second thought

I hope he don't sign with the Jets that way  Rex and his circus  leave town. ASAP.

I have a feeling that either way, you'll get your wish. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users