Can We Please Stop Using The "P" Word

SoFlaJets

As others said,  the #6 seed stinks.  Whether it's the Jets or Ravens or Dolphins or Steelers doesn't matter.   Can any of those teams win a playoff game?  Of course, it's a one game playoff and anything is possible.    But for those saying you like the look of this team for the future, why?  This is the same jets team we've seen for years.  They don't show up half the time, they wind up finishing around 8-8.    We hear the same BS about 'next year' and hope.   Except it's the same damn team year after year.  

When the Jets defense doesn't play like the best defense in the league,  they usually lose.  And the Jets defense stunk yesterday.    The Jets never seem to have an offense that can win you games.  Ever.   So they rely on 16-13 games.  Except this isn't 1973.  For whatever reason the Jets are stuck in the ground and pound philosophy.   And it hasn't worked.   They made a nice run a few years back, but Manning beat them down one year and Big Ben did it the next.   And the Jets just didn't have enough offense to keep up.     

I don't know what to feel anymore. It's great they are winning, but I see the same team over and over.  They are the same 8-8 team year after year (some years they win 9, others 6 and so on)  and I don't see how they are getting any better or different.   What do we expect next year?   Everybody and their brother knew the offense sucked coming into this season, and once again, the offense still sucks.  Is that the HC?  is it the GM?   Is it the OC?     Does it matter as this team has had how many OC over the past 3 seasons?     

I've heard the same story for years about hope and next year.   Except it's the same team over and over.  Offense usually can't score, QB usually isn't very good, and they try and run the ball as often as they can and hope the defense wins the game.    What's changed?

Pedro has upped his game with his best post ever POTWN (means Post Of The Week Nomination Pedro)

As others said,  the #6 seed stinks.  Whether it's the Jets or Ravens or Dolphins or Steelers doesn't matter.   Can any of those teams win a playoff game?  Of course, it's a one game playoff and anything is possible.    But for those saying you like the look of this team for the future, why?  This is the same jets team we've seen for years.  They don't show up half the time, they wind up finishing around 8-8.    We hear the same BS about 'next year' and hope.   Except it's the same damn team year after year.  

When the Jets defense doesn't play like the best defense in the league,  they usually lose.  And the Jets defense stunk yesterday.    The Jets never seem to have an offense that can win you games.  Ever.   So they rely on 16-13 games.  Except this isn't 1973.  For whatever reason the Jets are stuck in the ground and pound philosophy.   And it hasn't worked.   They made a nice run a few years back, but Manning beat them down one year and Big Ben did it the next.   And the Jets just didn't have enough offense to keep up.     

I don't know what to feel anymore. It's great they are winning, but I see the same team over and over.  They are the same 8-8 team year after year (some years they win 9, others 6 and so on)  and I don't see how they are getting any better or different.   What do we expect next year?   Everybody and their brother knew the offense sucked coming into this season, and once again, the offense still sucks.  Is that the HC?  is it the GM?   Is it the OC?     Does it matter as this team has had how many OC over the past 3 seasons?     

I've heard the same story for years about hope and next year.   Except it's the same team over and over.  Offense usually can't score, QB usually isn't very good, and they try and run the ball as often as they can and hope the defense wins the game.    What's changed?

We've never had an offseason with $50 million cap space AND 10 draft picks.  I'd say that better days are ahead.

The Patriots are currently struggling in Carolina. Any team in the AFC can be beat. If you're alive at this point you do whatever you need to do to get into the tournament. Telling 52 other guys this season is about finding out what one player is, at the expense of putting the best team on the field, is gutless.

When it comes to any discussions about the 2013 New York Jets. This is still a sub-.500 football team AT BEST, and it insults our football intelligence to mention them as possible contenders - for anything other than perhaps a top-10 draft pick.

Again, how does this assessment differ from the one that we had of the Jets at the beginning of the season? I had the Jets pegged at 4-12, with 6-10 but moving in the right direction as a positive year for them. The fact that we're 5-5 and have two wins over legit Superbowl contenders is better than anyone expected, probably even Rex. I would argue that Rex should stay because it's so rare that players are loyal and consistently want to play as hard as they can for their head coach.

Back to the topic, however, the big picture isn't so bad. The Bills always beat us at least once a season, so Sunday's loss wasn't really a shocker. If the Jets don't make the playoffs, that won't be a shocker either. But still, I would rather have a team like the Jets that have players playing over their heads than a team like, say, the Texans or Bucs, which have a bunch of players underperforming.

On paper, this is as bad a team as I have ever seen in my 30+ years of rooting FOR the Jets. But good thing this game isn't played on paper otherwise we might as well have fore fitted the season.

On any given Sunday (game) any team has a chance to win if they believe they can, and translate that belief into actual play. This team did it 5 times already this year (against some pretty good teams) and can certainly do it again and again - but they have to believe in themselves and each other.

So, I don't want to hear this BS that we don't belong in the playoffs or this isn't our year - take that crap somewhere else. Get behind your team and help them be the best they can be. If we make it in the playoffs - awesome! Let's keep riding that momentum as far as it takes us. If we fall short, let's regroup and retool and make another run next year.

Don't like it? There are 31 other teams you can root for. But be careful - grass isn't always greener elsewhere.

Any given Sunday!

Crazier things have been done.  

If the season ended today, the Jets would be in.  The season doesnt but they've proved they can beat anyone...so, I'd like to see thing pan out. Other teams success factors in as well.

So you know, just keeping it level headed. 

My thoughts exactly.  This team is a maddening pile of sh*t right now, but it would be silly as a fan to say that I expect all the players to go out there and refuse to quit because "anything can happen" while at the same time, saying that the fan base should quit and  stop hoping.  Post season is very unlikely, but stranger things have definitely happened.

I never quite understood why people  always feel obligated to protect other folks from having fun?

I guess it depends why a person watches football.   I watch it because it is a very cheap form of excitement, and entertainment that I really enjoy.  Whether the Jets win or lose doesn't really increase or decrease the quality of my life.

For 3 hours on Sunday, it's life or death.  Electric ( at least until the 3rd pick)    When A game starts I'm convinced this is the start of something big.  If they lose or win it doesn't affect my life.   Back to work the next day no matter what.

Like to talk about the Jets during the week, complain about them, or talk them up.  It's a hobby.  Some days I catch a lot of bass, some days I get skunked.  Still enjoy fishing.  Always think I'm going to catch that big lunker.

If a person just wants to give up on the season, and be depressed watching the games.  So be it.  It's their choice.

I may complain during the week, but I'm gonna get excited on Sunday, and have hope they will run the table until the #'s show they are mathematically eliminated from the play offs.  Then I'll watch the rest of the games convinced I'm seeing something in a player that will get them to the Super Bowl next year.

It's fun and exciting, and cheap  

Everyone seems to forget this team had 2 victories gift wrapped. We are more like that 3-7 type team than we are 5-5 .

We have a horrible offense with a much over rated offensive line and no QB, and absolutely terrible secondary and a head coach who only knows how to coach defense and knows nothing about offense and admits as much.

Archived