See/Listen to me on Nancy Grace Tonight 8 p.m.

JoeC36

I just got done taping a quick hit with Nancy Grace that will be airing tonight at 8 p.m. 

The topic is a pair of brothers who were allegedly abducted by their father in early February.  I am the lead reporter on the story for my newspaper and answered a single question when Nancy threw it to me. 

Like I said it was a very short hit, but I've been told I may be on again tomorrow for an extended spot when they have more time.

Edit: It was a telephone interview, so Thor, you're going to have to keep looking at that picture when you, you know.

Here is the latest story my paper wrote:

Herald Staff Report

ROXBURY — Sandra Hughes Dohm posted a video to YouTube Saturdaypleading with ex-husband Kristopher Dohm to return their two sons, Parker, 8, and Jaxon, 7, who have been missing since early February.

In the video, Hughes Dohm reprimands her ex-husband for his actions in violation of the pair's custody agreement and asks him repeatedly to bring the boys home to family and friends. “Kris, you need to bring them back home,” Hughes Dohm says. “You should not have taken them from me ... from my mom and dad and yours. You should not have taken them from their pets, Freddy and Chuck, or from their aunts and uncles and cousins and extended family who love them very much. We all miss them.”

According to Hughes Dohm, she has not seen her sons since they went to stay with their father on Feb. 3 and has not spoken to them since the night of Feb. 5. Hughes Dohm reported the two brothers missing on Feb. 9 when her ex-husband did not return the boys to her as scheduled.

In a press conference on Monday, March 9, Sussex County Prosecutor Francis Koch said Kristopher Dohm asked for a few extra days with the boys and told Hughes Dohm he was going to take them to see their dying grandfather in Nevada.

It was later determined Kristopher Dohm's father was neither dying nor ill.

Hughes Dohm says in the clip that the boys participation in sports and other activities has been halted due to their absence and encourages Dohm to bring the boys home so they can resume participation.

“Parker, he missed the rest of his basketball season because you took him. It was his first year playing and he was really starting to enjoy it and he was learning a lot about the game,” Hughes Dohm says. “Bring them home. Let Jaxon have the experience of being part of his soccer team. This is damaging them.”

Hughes Dohm also addresses her sons, encouraging them to reach out to herself or police if possible.

“If you can pick up a phone and call me or call the police or tell somebody, ask for help,” she says. “I love you and I will never ever stop looking for you.”

Hughes Dohm has been posting updates, including the YouTube video, to a Facebook page dedicated to finding the boys.

On Friday, Hughes Dohm posted personal information about the boys, including their nicknames and food preferences in the hope that it will help lead to their return.

“Kris may call Parker by Park, Parker Choo, Chewy or Moose,” she wrote in the post. “He may call Jaxon by Jax, Action or Action Jaxon.”

“Parker and Jaxon LOVE Taco Bell — they prefer the Dorito Tacos and soft tacos,” Hughes Dohm continued. “They also like McDonald's, Italian subs from Quick Chek and Slurpees from 7-Eleven. Both boys can find something they like to eat at most fast food restaurants.”

Early Monday morning, Hughes Dohm posted information about the boys' music tastes and included a video of Jaxon singing.

“Parker tends to lean more towards rock while Jax loves any kind of music,” she wrote. “He will sing everything from kids songs to country to rock. He also likes to make videos of himself singing, dancing and just being silly.”

Thomas J. McCormick, the chief of detectives for the Sussex County Prosecutor's Office, said officials do not believe Kristopher Dohm would hurt the boys but are worried about their safety because Dohm's health issues may affect his judgment and because the boys are in an unfamiliar place.

McCormick said Friday that police are following up on all leads, but there have been no recent developments in the case.

Kristopher Dohm is described as a white male, standing 5 feet, 7 inches, and weighing 150 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes and has a barbed wire tattoo on his right arm and another tattoo on his left leg. Dohm is diabetic and requires daily insulin shots.

Officials described Parker as white with brown hair and eyes, standing 4 feet, 3 inches, and weighing 60 pounds. He wears glasses and suffers from asthma.

Jaxon is described as white with brown hair and brown eyes, standing 4 feet and weighing 50 pounds. He has a birthmark or mole on his chin.

Sussex County Prosecutor Francis Koch said the last sighting of Kristopher Dohm's vehicle, a gray Nissan Pathfinder, was on Feb. 6 in the Fort McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore. Police said have said Dohm has changed license plates on the vehicle several times, using New Jersey plates with the characters K15DXS, ZKL24F and S17CKV.

Police are asking that anyone with information about Dohm's whereabouts to call New Jersey State Police at 609-963-6900 ext. 1, the Hopatcong Police Department at 973-398-5000 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-843-5678.

http://www.njherald.com/story/28535991/2015/03/17/mother-of-missing-boys-pleads-on-video-for-hopatcong-ex-to-bring-them-home

• 5 weeks later...

Archived