Geno Smith's 2014 Stats in "Context".

Villain The Foe

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Yes I'd say a 2 game improvement (with 3 being more likely than 1) is reasonable if Fitz was our 2014 QB instead of Geno.

i would certainly have looked all all other options heading into 2015 with a new FO, HC, & OC ... and if they believed a 3rd option to be more to their liking for the cost I'd have been on board.

if it simply was a Fitz vs. Geno comparison , yes I would easily have had Fitz as 2015 starter

Well if it is someone that you would have liked to replace as the earliest possible option, why tie him to a long term contract?  

Do you feel Fitzpatrick gets you into the playoffs this year, considering the schedule and higher chance of injury to the core members?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Well if it is someone that you would have liked to replace as the earliest possible option, why tie him to a long term contract?  

Do you feel Fitzpatrick gets you into the playoffs this year, considering the schedule and higher chance of injury to the core members?

you and I had not been discussing contracts (in our hypothetical 2014 Fitz at QB world ) ... But back to the present, I believe our FO is looking to give one of the kids the controls in either 2017 or 2018 depending on how Fitz and/or the team does in 2016.  I think the new regimes #1 priority is giving Hackenberg (small chance for Petty to get the green light instead) the best possible chance at success when that move happens ... And they will pull a youth movement across the board when they do. If the 3 year 12mil,6mil,6mil rumored deal is true then the FO (and I'm on board with this )- believes Fitz would be an excellent veteran presence to help work the kids in to be his eventual replacement.

now as for the new regimes #2 priority it's let's have some older veterans (including Fitz)  to make a run in 2016 (perhaps 2017 as well if we exceed expectations) yes, I believe there is a chance of making the playoffs with Fitz at QB this year, Do we need some things to go our way for this to happen? Yes we do.

being realistic at this point I'm wavering between 30-40% chance of it happening with Fitz at this time.

my big problem is being realistic I'm wavering between 0-10% chance of it happening with Geno at this time.

as for the 2016 season we are about to embark upon ... I really want that extra 30% chance of having something good happen for my team. JMO

13 hours ago, ljr said:

Yes I'd say a 2 game improvement (with 3 being more likely than 1) is reasonable if Fitz was our 2014 QB instead of Geno.

i would certainly have looked all all other options heading into 2015 with a new FO, HC, & OC ... and if they believed a 3rd option to be more to their liking for the cost I'd have been on board.

if it simply was a Fitz vs. Geno comparison , yes I would easily have had Fitz as 2015 starter

A 2-3 game improvement, as if the QB change simply would have done the trick. I remember the coaching staff blowing a Packers game and Decker being injured the entire season with Harbin coming in late October. Who would Fitz be throwing to? 

Also Fitz has only been "at best" average with Chan Hailey being his OC...terrible with the rest. Also, 2014 was one of the most depleted teams in terms of talent, worse than any Fitz team that I can remember...yet before this past season Fitz highs in wins were just 6...and with more talented teams and coaching staff's. 

Looking back at 2014, can you tell me what those 2-3 games we could have won "just because" our qb was Fitz? Furthermore, are you also suggesting that every game that the jets won with Geno would have been an automatic win for Fitz as well?

I ask because 2015 was one of the most talented teams I've seen the Jets ever field and Fitz only squeezed out 10 wins out of that scenario. Geno as a rookie had a team with a fraction of that talent and won 8 games. 

Your statement IS the vacuum. And vacuums don't exist in football.

55 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

A 2-3 game improvement, as if the QB change simply would have done the trick. I remember the coaching staff blowing a Packers game and Decker being injured the entire season with Harbin coming in late October. Who would Fitz be throwing to? 

Also Fitz has only been "at best" average with Chan Hailey being his OC...terrible with the rest. Also, 2014 was one of the most depleted teams in terms of talent, worse than any Fitz team that I can remember...yet before this past season Fitz highs in wins were just 6...and with more talented teams and coaching staff's. 

Looking back at 2014, can you tell me what those 2-3 games we could have won "just because" our qb was Fitz? Furthermore, are you also suggesting that every game that the jets won with Geno would have been an automatic win for Fitz as well?

I ask because 2015 was one of the most talented teams I've seen the Jets ever field and Fitz only squeezed out 10 wins out of that scenario. Geno as a rookie had a team with a fraction of that talent and won 8 games. 

Your statement IS the vacuum. And vacuums don't exist in football.

Thought you were "I'm done with you!"

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You keep writing stupid sh*t. My statement was more like a mirror pointed at you so you can see wtf you're actually saying. 

You should also listen to your father. 

Sorry dog, take your chew toy & go back home

image.jpeg

The context says that Geno Smith sucks as a QB, he's a punk off the field, and he has a brain the size of a pea. All of that is FACT and Geno supporters ( I truly find the whole idea to be laughable at best) had better get used to it.

On 7/20/2016 at 5:31 PM, ljr said:

you and I had not been discussing contracts (in our hypothetical 2014 Fitz at QB world ) ... But back to the present, I believe our FO is looking to give one of the kids the controls in either 2017 or 2018 depending on how Fitz and/or the team does in 2016.  I think the new regimes #1 priority is giving Hackenberg (small chance for Petty to get the green light instead) the best possible chance at success when that move happens ... And they will pull a youth movement across the board when they do. If the 3 year 12mil,6mil,6mil rumored deal is true then the FO (and I'm on board with this )- believes Fitz would be an excellent veteran presence to help work the kids in to be his eventual replacement.

now as for the new regimes #2 priority it's let's have some older veterans (including Fitz)  to make a run in 2016 (perhaps 2017 as well if we exceed expectations) yes, I believe there is a chance of making the playoffs with Fitz at QB this year, Do we need some things to go our way for this to happen? Yes we do.

being realistic at this point I'm wavering between 30-40% chance of it happening with Fitz at this time.

my big problem is being realistic I'm wavering between 0-10% chance of it happening with Geno at this time.

as for the 2016 season we are about to embark upon ... I really want that extra 30% chance of having something good happen for my team. JMO

I think realistically, I have no big hopes for this season.  Last year, I remember going down the schedule and thinking we had a legit shot at 11 wins and I think I had it, if we split it with the Bills.  Going through the schedule this year, it's really harder to talk myself into these games as winnable.  A bunch of them are "We'll be competitive if things break right" type games, and those are really 50/50 games.  

I see it this way. On the laws of probability, Fitz has a chance to be marginally better.  However, Fitz being slightly better doesn't really get us anywhere this year.  Even against all odds, him sustaining the performance from last year, I think we'd be lucky to get 8-10 wins this year.  With Smith, there is a possibility that he improves in a new system, as his upside is higher.  If he lives up to his upside, we have our young QB of the future, much like say Cousins in Washington.  I'm not saying it's likely, but he has higher upside.  Smith also has disastrous downside.  However, I think this has upside as well, because that puts us near the top of the draft, and I really like Watson from Clemson as a franchise QB.  

Likely scenario with Fitz- we stay mediocre.  

Likely scenario with Smith-  We take off or we bomb with his upside/downside.  

I'd rather choose the more risky option long term because with Fitz I believe we'll be in the same spot again as this year, too mediocre to compete for a championship but too good to get a great QB prospect without mortgaging three drafts for it.  I'm willing to put up with a dud season, if it gives us a chance to get a stud QB prospect.

15 hours ago, win4ever said:

I think realistically, I have no big hopes for this season.  Last year, I remember going down the schedule and thinking we had a legit shot at 11 wins and I think I had it, if we split it with the Bills.  Going through the schedule this year, it's really harder to talk myself into these games as winnable.  A bunch of them are "We'll be competitive if things break right" type games, and those are really 50/50 games.  

I see it this way. On the laws of probability, Fitz has a chance to be marginally better.  However, Fitz being slightly better doesn't really get us anywhere this year.  Even against all odds, him sustaining the performance from last year, I think we'd be lucky to get 8-10 wins this year.  With Smith, there is a possibility that he improves in a new system, as his upside is higher.  If he lives up to his upside, we have our young QB of the future, much like say Cousins in Washington.  I'm not saying it's likely, but he has higher upside.  Smith also has disastrous downside.  However, I think this has upside as well, because that puts us near the top of the draft, and I really like Watson from Clemson as a franchise QB.  

Likely scenario with Fitz- we stay mediocre.  

Likely scenario with Smith-  We take off or we bomb with his upside/downside.  

I'd rather choose the more risky option long term because with Fitz I believe we'll be in the same spot again as this year, too mediocre to compete for a championship but too good to get a great QB prospect without mortgaging three drafts for it.  I'm willing to put up with a dud season, if it gives us a chance to get a stud QB prospect.

I hear your point, well stated  ... Will just agree to disagree on what we'd like to see

Archived