Geno Smith's 2014 Stats in "Context".

Villain The Foe

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Eh, I'm calling extra-helping bullsh*t on this. 

You said Mike Glennon was the answer. You've mostly argued that Geno is a better option than Fitz, and therefore a rebuttal that Fitz is better than Geno is a given. If you wanted to open the aperture of the discussion wider, to make it about who is the "answer", then Geno's name would quickly fall by the wayside... and you'd be right back to your advocacy of Mike Glennon.

DERP DAMNIT, DEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRP! 

DERP? :-) 

And Mike Glennon would be the greatest Jets QB ever. However, Ryan Fitzpatrick isnt worth everything fans say is required to sign him (cutting guys for cap room, restructuring guys for cap room, paying him close to 12 times the amount that Geno's getting though its arguable that Geno's better etc.). 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also add that "Fitz this year, then hand the reigns to Petty/Hack when they are ready" is an answer to "who is the answer?".

It's just one that you've consistently invalidated with false logic and/or those pesky hypothetical arguments you keep making. Acting like nobody played by your rules because you didn't like the answers you got is what I'd expect from a 10 year old.

Tantrum-Throwing-a-fit-Veruca-Salt-GIF.g

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

DERP DAMNIT, DEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRP! 

DERP? :-) 

And Mike Glennon would be the greatest Jets QB ever. However, Ryan Fitzpatrick isnt worth everything fans say is required to sign him (cutting guys for cap room, restructuring guys for cap room, paying him close to 12 times the amount that Geno's getting though its arguable that Geno's better etc.). 

There are only a few outlier fans that actually advocate paying him the "too much". Otherwise, Geno and Fitz fans mostly agree that he shouldn't be getting Sam Bradford money. You aren't making a point here. At all.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I would also add that "Fitz this year, then hand the reigns to Petty/Hack when they are ready" is an answer to "who is the answer?".

It's just one that you've consistently invalidated with false logic and/or those pesky hypothetical arguments you keep making. Acting like nobody played by your rules because you didn't like the answers you got is what I'd expect from a 10 year old.

Tantrum-Throwing-a-fit-Veruca-Salt-GIF.g

Giving an answer (Fitz, Petty/Hack) and having the answer (Glennon/Rogers/Wilson) are two different things. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

There are only a few outlier fans that actually advocate paying him the "too much". Otherwise, Geno and Fitz fans mostly agree that he shouldn't be getting Sam Bradford money. You aren't making a point here. At all.

I would most definitely be making a point, to the guys you consider "outlier fans". 

You even proved where my point was also valid. 

That was a Derp moment. 

Giving an answer (Fitz, Petty/Hack) and having the answer (Glennon/Rogers/Wilson) are two different things. 

And you specifically criticized people for not "giving an answer".

So, once again, bush league deflection. Regardless of the fact that saying "Geno is the answer" is as much a suggestion as "Fitz, Petty/Hack". Neither statement is a "having the answer". 

What a stupid retort.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I would most definitely be making a point, to the guys you consider "outlier fans". 

You even proved where my point was also valid. 

That was a Derp moment. 

No, you've actually failed to make every point you've embraced. 

At this point, you have 2 audiences. 

People that shred your arguments, just for the exercise of doing it. And people that pretend to agree with you, to get you to keep going.

The ones that actually agreed with you have stopped creating associations between their defense of Geno and yours, because you've debated so poorly that their argument suffers by association.

And you specifically criticized people for not "giving an answer".

So, once again, bush league deflection. Regardless of the fact that saying "Geno is the answer" is as much a suggestion as "Fitz, Petty/Hack". Neither statement is a "having the answer". 

What a stupid retort.

No, I specifically criticized people for not "giving an answer" OR giving "Ryan Fitzpatrick" which isnt the answer. 

So once again you've earned yourself a Derp as well as your own signature. 

Fozzie%20Facepalm_zpsvjzmuiiy.gif~c200

No, you've actually failed to make every point you've embraced. 

At this point, you have 2 audiences. 

People that shred your arguments, just for the exercise of doing it. And people that pretend to agree with you, to get you to keep going.

The ones that actually agreed with you have stopped creating associations between their defense of Geno and yours, because you've debated so poorly that their argument suffers by association.

No, you actually decided not to embrace any point made. 

At this point...Derp. 

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because when we talk about Geno not being the answer I am waiting for someone to tell me who's the answer. 

Either two things happen, #1. No answer is given or #2. I hear Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan Fitzpatrick has never been an answer for any team. Not giving "the answer" means that you shouldnt question the current QB that you never seen with this current circumstance. 

Thats why. 

No, I specifically criticized people for not "giving an answer" OR giving "Ryan Fitzpatrick" which isnt the answer. 

So once again you've earned yourself a Derp as well as your own signature. 

Fozzie%20Facepalm_zpsvjzmuiiy.gif~c200

lol, nobody... not ONE person has given Ryan Fitzpatrick as "this guy is the answer" in isolation. Fitz is part of a transition plan, to avoid Geno. That's the answer people have given you plenty of times. 

run and hide behind semantics... 

you were doing better when you just responded "derp", speaking of which... I won that one too.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

lol, nobody... not ONE person has given Ryan Fitzpatrick as "this guy is the answer" in isolation. Fitz is part of a transition plan, to avoid Geno. That's the answer people have given you plenty of times. 

you were doing better when you just responded "derp", speaking of which... I won that one too.

Nobody? lol. 

"Fitz played great last year, if we can resign him and not start Geno we could compete for the division". Question, when has Fitz ever been the answer for a Division championship or a playoff birth? 

The fact that you said "Nobody" proves that you dont know what the hell you're talking about. 

Derp. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, you actually decided not to embrace any point made. 

At this point...Derp. 

No, dummy.

You failed to be convincing. Like I've been saying all along, you've argued like crap. If you made convincing arguments, and I simply disagreed, I'd have said so. However, you didn't... and I'm not in the habit of saying, "oh, well that's a hypothetical scenario that requires several variables to pan out perfectly, yeah, sounds good... sure, I'm convinced".

And that's the ask that is built into your arguments... you are asking for a leap of faith, but packaging it as though there is conclusive evidence that proves everything out right now. There isn't. Nothing is provable until we see him play. That's why I've said so many times to you that Geno's improvement almost exclusively depends on Geno improving. Not all the peripheral crap you keep deflecting to.

Tom Brady was Tom Brady with Reche Caldwell, and he was Tom Brady with Randy Moss. Did his numbers get a bump with Randy? Absolutely, and there's absolutely relevancy to the whole argument around better weapons. However, it's not going to take a dogsh*t QB and suddenly turn him into "the answer" for us, unless he himself stops being dogsh*t.

You asked for a top 15 QB at some point today. Fitz was that last year. Geno won't be that, even in these same circumstance, unless he changes who he is as a QB. 

It's on Geno. 

So, the debate is moot. It's really people who believe he can get it together, and people who don't. No superlatives. No evidence. You either have faith, or not. 

You do.

I do not. 

I accept that this is an opinion-based matter, and cannot be proven until we see results. You do not understand this. So, you chase your tail, and I tell you which direction to spin in. Simple as that.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nobody? lol. 

"Fitz played great last year, if we can resign him and not start Geno we could compete for the division". Question, when has Fitz ever been the answer for a Division championship or a playoff birth? 

The fact that you said "Nobody" proves that you dont know what the hell you're talking about. 

Derp. 

Or, it proves I don't read - or don't take seriously - every post on the board.

At this point, I've assumed more that 50% of the commentary about Fitz/Geno is trolling. With you being the biggest target of being trolled, and the easiest patsy to troll.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, dummy.

You failed to be convincing. Like I've been saying all along, you've argued like crap. If you made convincing arguments, and I simply disagreed, I'd have said so. However, you didn't... and I'm not in the habit of saying, "oh, well that's a hypothetical scenario that requires several variables to pan out perfectly, yeah, sounds good... sure, I'm convinced".

And that's the ask that is built into your arguments... you are asking for a leap of faith, but packaging it as though there is conclusive evidence that proves everything out right now. There isn't. Nothing is provable until we see him play. That's why I've said so many times to you that Geno's improvement almost exclusively depends on Geno improving. Not all the peripheral crap you keep deflecting to.

Tom Brady was Tom Brady with Reche Caldwell, and he was Tom Brady with Randy Moss. Did his numbers get a bump with Randy? Absolutely, and there's absolutely relevancy to the whole argument around better weapons. However, it's not going to take a dogsh*t QB and suddenly turn him into "the answer" for us, unless he himself stops being dogsh*t.

You asked for a top 15 QB at some point today. Fitz was that last year. Geno won't be that, even in these same circumstance, unless he changes who he is as a QB. 

It's on Geno. 

So, the debate is moot. It's really people who believe he can get it together, and people who don't. No superlatives. No evidence. You either have faith, or not. 

You do.

I do not. 

I accept that this is an opinion-based matter, and cannot be proven until we see results. You do not understand this. So, you chase your tail, and I tell you which direction to spin in. Simple as that.

This is just too long bro. I can't read all this coming from Derpwin. Please, keep ur stupidity the length of a tweet. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is there a reason why folks dont realize Fitzpatricks season last year wasn't really an outlier and touchdown passes vary year to year?

Fitz going to the playoffs is the outlier, and that's my main concern. I'm not interested in the Jets finding a way to get up 12 million for a guy who would need an outlier-type year in order for the money, cutting of players, passing in a young QB in a contract year and restructuring contracts into the future to even be close to "worth it". 

Ryan Fitzpatrick has never been worth the trouble/money. 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Dude, who cares?

The Jets had one of the easiest schedhules in recent years, and yet Fits still couldn't find a way to get us to the playoffs with a much more improved offense and boss ass defense. We should of honestly won atleast 12 games with that schedhule.

Geno, despite playing on the lowly 2014 offense and having a harder season against teams like the Packers( who we would of beat if some dumbass didn't call a timeout) and Steelers( who we beat), virtually had the same accuracy as Fits. Geno completed 59.7% of his passes in 2014 while Fitz completed 59.6% of his passes with Marshall and a healthy Decker. Both averaged 6.9 passing yards per attempt.Geno also threw less INTs. So the question is, how would Fitz fared in 2014 with an inferior team compared to the "horrendous" Geno?

If you and these other dudes think that Geno is that bad that you think Fitz will do much better, think again, because as far as I'm as concerned, Geno has shown more potential and upside compared to Fitz just based on those stats.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Fitz going to the playoffs is the outlier, and that's my main concern. I'm not interested in the Jets finding a way to get up 12 million for a guy who would need an outlier-type year in order for the money, cutting of players, passing in a young QB in a contract year and restructuring contracts into the future to even be close to "worth it". 

Ryan Fitzpatrick has never been worth the trouble/money. 

Fitzpatrick has played on bad teams throughout his career. He's the guy you'd like to replace but there's no one to replace him with. Considering the Jets project to be above average on both sides of the ball this year and with hopefully improvement from the horrific special teams, it'd be silly to go into the year with an unknown or Geno at the most important position. 

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Or, it proves I don't read - or don't take seriously - every post on the board.

At this point, I've assumed more that 50% of the commentary about Fitz/Geno is trolling. With you being the biggest target of being trolled, and the easiest patsy to troll.

That's why I say derp to trolls

3 minutes ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Dude, who cares?

The Jets had one of the easiest schedhules in recent years, and yet Fits still couldn't find a way to get us to the playoffs with a much more improved offense and boss ass defense. We should of honestly won atleast 12 games with that schedhule.

Geno, despite playing on the lowly 2014 offense and having a harder season against teams like the Packers( who we would of beat if some dumbass didn't call a timeout) and Steelers( who we beat), virtually had the same accuracy as Fits. Geno completed 59.7% of his passes in 2014 while Fitz completed 59.6% of his passes with Marshall and a healthy Decker. Both averaged 6.9 passing yards per attempt.Geno also threw less INTs. So the question is, how would Fitz fared in 2014 with an inferior team compared to the "horrendous" Geno?

If you and these other dudes think that Geno is that bad that you think Fitz will do much better, think again, because as far as I'm as concerned, Geno has shown more potential and upside compared to Fitz just based on those stats.

Both of Geno's seasons he's finished at below replacement level. Gifs dont count as upside. If the Jets wanted to play Geno they should have just kept Idzik around and built a cheap/younger roster while they figure out the QB. Instead, the went on a spending spree to win immediately...you dont pair that with Geno Smith.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Both of Geno's seasons he's finished at below replacement level. Gifs dont count as upside. If the Jets wanted to play Geno they should have just kept Idzik around and built a cheap/younger roster while they figure out the QB. Instead, the went on a spending spree to win immediately...you dont pair that with Geno Smith.

And yet he had the same accuracy as Fitz. So I have to ask you this? How good do you think Fitz would have done in 2014?

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fitzpatrick has played on bad teams throughout his career. He's the guy you'd like to replace but there's no one to replace him with. Considering the Jets project to be above average on both sides of the ball this year and with hopefully improvement from the horrific special teams, it'd be silly to go into the year with an unknown or Geno at the most important position. 

Geno played on bad teams as well. Difference is Fitz didn't have bad teams throughout his career like Geno. Last year wasn't a bad team and Fitz choked. Fitz had a Bills team that went like 4-0 or 5-0 with the best record in the league, then Fitz choked and missed the playoffs. 

The 2013/14 Jets were horrid. 

Just now, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Dude, who cares?

I have zero faith that Geno will have made any improvement on his own. Which, as I said to Villain, is really all this is about... who you have faith in.

I have faith that Fitz can play at the same level he did last year, and in Houston. That makes Fitz the better option. I don't think Marshall and Decker are enough to close the gap between the two QBs. I don't think Gailey is either. I think Fitz is mediocre, and does dumb things with the football. I think Geno is worse. 

I don't think Fitz will be "much better". I do think Fitz can finish in the top 15 of QBs, like he did already. I think Geno maybe can climb up to the high twenties. So, given that, I'd rather have an interesting season of Fitz, then transition to Hack or Petty. Because I have no faith in Geno. If Geno gets the job, I hope to God he proves me wrong.

The bold, your "question", is a hypothetical. I can give you and answer, but it's unprovable. Which is the type of discourse that has made this whole debate retarded.

1 minute ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

And yet he had the same accuracy as Fitz. So I have to ask you this? How good do you think Fitz would have done in 2014?

Fitzpatricks career he's been about average to slightly below. So within that range. There's enough of a sample to determine he's a significant improvement over Geno's two year output.

I have zero faith that Geno will have made any improvement on his own. Which, as I said to Villain, is really all this is about... who you have faith in.

I have faith that Fitz can play at the same level he did last year, and in Houston. That makes Fitz the better option. I don't think Marshall and Decker are enough to close the gap between the two QBs. I don't think Gailey is either. I think Fitz is mediocre, and does dumb things with the football. I think Geno is worse. 

I don't think Fitz will be "much better". I do think Fitz can finish in the top 15 of QBs, like he did already. I think Geno maybe can climb up to the high twenties. So, given that, I'd rather have an interesting season of Fitz, then transition to Hack or Petty. Because I have no faith in Geno. If Geno gets the job, I hope to God he proves me wrong.

The bold, your "question", is a hypothetical. I can give you and answer, but it's unprovable. Which is the type of discourse that has made this whole debate retarded.

Ok. Whatever.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's why I say derp to trolls

Wrong again.

I trolled you right back into responding... not once, but twice now (as of this post)... and I continue to just hammer you in the face, while you go to great lengths to delude yourself into thinking you have control of the situation.

It's quite a spectacle, really.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Fitzpatricks career he's been about average to slightly below. So within that range. There's enough of a sample to determine he's a significant improvement over Geno's two year output.

If that's Fitz status, then paying Fitz 12 million is ridiculous. Especially when we have a young guy that can benefit by the talent/coaching. Fitz is what he is, like u said. Rather take a gamble on young potential rather than average at best. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The 2013/14 Jets were horrid. 

Except when Geno was winning 8 games one of those seasons.

But nevermind the teams we actually beat that season, because that would conflict with the "easy schedule" gripe about Fitz.

See... these are just bad debate points. You cancel out more than half of what you say.

Wrong again.

I trolled you right back into responding... not once, but twice now (as of this post)... and I continue to just hammer you in the face, while you go to great lengths to delude yourself into thinking you have control of the situation.

It's quite a spectacle, really.

Derp. Appreciate the tweet size response this time. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If that's Fitz status, then paying Fitz 12 million is ridiculous. Especially when we have a young guy that can benefit by the talent/coaching. Fitz is what he is, like u said. Rather take a gamble on young potential rather than average at best. 

12 mill is actually a bargain for a mid tier QB, considering what the market is bearing currently. I'm not starting Hackenberg with this offense and defense...too many veterans. 

Geno isn't a gamble either. We know what he is too. I'm not sure why we cant admit that. There's enough of a sample to realize he's never going to be good or even average.

Archived