Power Rankings - where would you put the Jets right now?

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Chiefs, Jets, Bengals and Ravens are the top 4 in the AFC.

Throw in a few nfc teams, id put the Jets at 5.

Welcome back, I like it!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, slats said:

This is where I’m at. I like the way it looks if everyone can stay healthy and play at familiar levels, but LT, RT, WR2, and most importantly QB, are all manned by aging players with either recent major injuries or injury histories. Tyrod Taylor to Jason Brownlee behind Carter Warren probably isn’t Super Bowl caliber. 

They really have to go WR, OT, or trade back and go WR, OT. Those are the two softest spots on the roster, and they’re both premium positions. 

I heard an interview yesterday (see below starting at 1:22) where they said there are a bunch of teams that need help at OT and WR (I'm sure we're one of them).  And that teams view the WR class as being deeper than OT so the guy thinks there will be a run on OT first.  That makes a whole lot of sense to me.  Now I'm starting to think JD is going OT at 10.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If that’s the chart you’re using to determine team needs, DT jumps to the top as the most important position with a need. At 4% of the total score, TE ranks only ahead of RB at the bottom of positional value, with safety at 8% being weighted twice as high. 

WR and OL both count 11% (nearly 3x the value of TEs), making them the next two premium positions after QB, with WR rated as the weaker of the two on the Jets and I’d agree with that, too. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, slats said:

If that’s the chart you’re using to determine team needs, DT jumps to the top as the most important position with a need. At 4% of the total score, TE ranks only ahead of RB at the bottom of positional value, with safety at 8% being weighted twice as high. 

WR and OL both count 11% (nearly 3x the value of TEs), making them the next two premium positions after QB, with WR rated as the weaker of the two on the Jets and I’d agree with that, too. 

I'm not using it for anything. I was astounded that the author had us ranked 2nd in overall roster strength. Posted it for the exact reason you used it..... analysis.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Top 10 for sure.

based on what? An old, over the hill injured O lineman acquisition or two? An old injured wr coming off knee surgery? Our superior coaching staff? An old over the hill qb?

Ronnie Lott says hi.

Art Monk says Hi.

Not trying to be negative but I am tired of getting my hopes up, making bold claims in the offseason only to once again be the worst, or close to the worst team in the league

AFC Top 5 next season 

Chiefs - AFC West Champs

Ravens - AFC North Champs 

Jets - AFC East Champs

Texans - AFC South Champs

Bengals - Wild Card

The only NFC team that would crack into the top 5 is the 49ers as the #2 ranked team right behind their daddy, the Chiefs. 

7 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Where would everyone put the Bills after the Diggs trade?  You have to assume they will go WR early in the draft.  Wonder how that offense will look

probably really good with xavier worthy or that other kid adoni

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

guys just a reminder.....

LAST year, there was a thread just like this one

and the year before

and the year before that

and the year before that one

etc

I remember Saints fans saying this from the 1970s till the 2000s.  And then they became one of the best franchises in football.

Post UK Woody is one of the top owners in the league.  Joe D and Robert Saleh are one of the best, young gm/coach tandems in the league.

All they have been missing is a qb.  And that is not missing anymore.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

based on what? An old, over the hill injured O lineman acquisition or two? An old injured wr coming off knee surgery? Our superior coaching staff? An old over the hill qb?

Ronnie Lott says hi.

Art Monk says Hi.

Not trying to be negative but I am tired of getting my hopes up, making bold claims in the offseason only to once again be the worst, or close to the worst team in the league

Aaron Rodgers alone makes them top 5.

Hell tyrod Taylor makes them top 12.

• Upvote 2

Middle of the pack at best until such time they actually PROVE they're not the same old poop in a prettier wrapper in 2024.

1. Can Rodgers play more than 4 plays, and if he does is he still good.  TBD.

2. Can the O-line last more than 2 games without major injury.  TBD.

3. Can the absolutely vital-to-success #2 WR play more than a few games before being lost for the season.  TBD.

4. Does the Offense look like a Pro Offense and not the lazy, predictable, uncaring crap we saw Hackett the Hack call last year.  TBD.

5. Is the D still top 10, something Fans take entirely for granted.  TBD.

We're a perennial 5-7 win team with a TON of ?, especially on out perennially worst-in-NFL offense.

Ranking this team anywhere close tot he top of the NFL is pure projection at this point, until some things start getting proven ON the field, not "on paper". 

I get that the usual suspects are going to play the usual chest-puffery-optimism thing they do every year, but yeah, lol.

• Sympathy 1