Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shawn306

2016-17 New York Rangers thread

125 posts in this topic

Montreal always shaky in the playoffs.  Rangers are built to win these low scoring games even with their early season scoring barrage.  Best matchup for them.

I know you're supposed to be happy if you can win one game in the playoffs during the first two on the road, but NY really needs to take this one. Home ice doesn't seem to matter much to this team. 

F*cking bullsh*t. 

What a limp effort by the Rangers at home. Too many turnovers, no power play goals (again) and our speed has been negated by half-assed puck play. Lundqvist can only do so much before the responsibility is on the front three to quit sloppydicking around and take control of the game. 

That lost lead in Game 2 is already biting us in the ass. F*cking Eastern Conference. 

That game was an absolute disgrace from puck drop to final horn.

Cooper came up with the blueprint for shutting this team down at home back in the 2015 ECF and AV has never adjusted to it and TWO F'ing years later !!!!!

When your best players through 3 games is basically your 4th line, Girardi and Lunqvist something is very wrong.

Did Price even have to break a sweat last night ?

They have to start getting some traffic in front of Price (That is if they get even get into the Montreal zone without turning the damn puck over) and start hammering away.

Kreider, Stepan, Miller, don't even get me started on Zibana-whatever. Hayes, I mean c'mon guys show a little heart out there. Hit somebody please ?

As well as they played in game 1 and parts of game 2 they have totally fallen off the cliff.

Seventeen seconds changed a series.  Crazy.

Something needs to change at home.  They haven't been competitive at home in the postseason

Basically a must-win game tonight. Lose this and they're down 3-1 as opposed to tying it up. Got to stop playing like sh*t at home, though. 

Yeah, good win. Six-game home losing streak is over, thank God. Another solid outing for Lundqvist. Seems like the team was playing with some fire and spending a lot of time in the Montreal zone. 

What do you have to do to get a penalty call, though? Damn. 

Exhale. They needed to remember how to score at home in playoffs.

True scoring at home in playoffs has been killing us- just more relaxed on the road- who knows?

Wheeeeee that was great. Didn't expect to get that one after watching them get beat up and out-hustled in the first period. 

That OT felt like it was the first time this series that the Rangers dominated play. Krieder, the awful whiff looked like he finally got his head out of ass and started skating and pushing the issue in OT.

For all the abuse Girardi has taken the past two years he has been a beast in this series hitting the piss out of anyone with an H on their jersey.

I really hope this carries over into Saturday. Finish these jagoffs and move on.

Need to close these scumbags out tonight and hope OTT/BOS goes 7 double OT games.

L G R 

Nothing good happens when Miller and Hayes are on the ice.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Nothing good happens when Miller and Hayes are on the ice.

I stand corrected.  Good things rarely happen when they are on the ice.  The 2nd goal was excellent work.

And whenever there is an awful penalty in the offensive zone?  it is always Kreider.  He is so fn' stupid.

Great game tonight. Seems like they were getting beat up early and responded well. Zuccarello showed me once again why he's my favorite Ranger. 

Ottawa up next

I was really stunned to see how the Rangers responded to Montreal's physically by basically matching them blow for blow. I NEVER in a million years would have thought the Rangers could match up like that. Girardi was a beast again. Smith played really well and the Captain played with quite the chip on his shoulder as well.

Now we get our old buddy Brassard, Carlsson and the Senators. Meanwhile Crosby and Ovechkin are gonna wage war one more time as well.

The playoffs overall have been great. Alot of OT's, getting alot of new blood out west with Chicago and San Jose out in the first round. 

Oh yeah That Matthews kid in Toronto....He is really good at hockey.

Rangers have gotten a great draw.  Like Shawn said, great response by the Rangers to the Habs' physicality and being down 2-1.  Hank is back and I enjoyed the Rangers continue to attack even when up, rather than sitting on the lead (now if they would stop shooting wildly or whiffing on the puck).

This next series shouldn't be as physical.

Think Lundqvist at 35 knows there are not gonna be many more chances to get this close. He has played as well as any goalie could play. 

13 hours ago, SMC said:

Rangers have gotten a great draw.  Like Shawn said, great response by the Rangers to the Habs' physicality and being down 2-1.  Hank is back and I enjoyed the Rangers continue to attack even when up, rather than sitting on the lead (now if they would stop shooting wildly or whiffing on the puck).

This next series shouldn't be as physical.

I think it will once they realize they cannot out quick us. 

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

I think it will once they realize they cannot out quick us. 

That's true, but the Rangers are the better team (they should have home ice if not for the crazy seeding) and should be able to impose their advantage.

This seems like Hank's and Girardi's last hurrah on this stage (Hank will still be here, but Girardi will likely be bought out for cap reasons).  I hope this is the year this core group finally wins the Cup because I've been thinking that this group (Hank, McDonagh, Zuccarelo, Nash, Kreider, etc) is probably the best Ranger team for sustaining quality in franchise history, but it can't be validated without a title.

On 4/25/2017 at 0:04 PM, SMC said:

That's true, but the Rangers are the better team (they should have home ice if not for the crazy seeding) and should be able to impose their advantage.

This seems like Hank's and Girardi's last hurrah on this stage (Hank will still be here, but Girardi will likely be bought out for cap reasons).  I hope this is the year this core group finally wins the Cup because I've been thinking that this group (Hank, McDonagh, Zuccarelo, Nash, Kreider, etc) is probably the best Ranger team for sustaining quality in franchise history, but it can't be validated without a title.

Agreed on all of that.

Our 2nd tier guys really need to step up.  I think our top guys and our 3rd strings have done very well overall.  Nash, Hank, Mcd,and Zuc have all done really really well, expecially Hank.  Resting Giradi and a few others was great way to coast down the stretch and give him a shot at a last hurrah.  Lindberg, Smith plus a few others have really been over performing their pay grade and I think that "mean" Smith will be needed once again in this series.  I am worried that the Stepan's, Hayes' and the Krieder's of the world need to show up and/or be more consistent.  In a pretty physical and chippy series Chris Krieder was invisible for long stretches.  That is a concern. I know Hayes had a good game 6 but he has also given the puck away much much to often.

All of that may fly against the Canadiens and even the Senators but it will not fly against the winner of that other Eastern conference Semi no matter which of them ends up emerging.

Both Vesey and Buchnevish (sp?) look to me like they are ready to break out.  Especially Pavel.

The west just looks weak.

Fun times.

Rangers have some awful puck handlers.

Expecting Hank to have 45 saves to win is ridiculous

Good Lord stop it with the f*cking penalties, Rangers.