Injuries and a rebuild

UnitedWhofans

Team is just completely banged up and the Jets are not good enough to overcome that. That will change with a couple of Macc drafts but you are seeing the ramifications of this today.

Lack of speed, and lack of young talent. Two drafts isnt going to fix that.

The problem is that the fanbase and the media wont have the patience to live through a rebuild. Biggest problem this organization has. Cleveland is willing to do it. But in New York, its tough to do

57 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Team is just completely banged up and the Jets are not good enough to overcome that. That will change with a couple of Macc drafts but you are seeing the ramifications of this today.

The problem is that the fanbase and the media wont have the patience to live through a rebuild. Biggest problem this organization has. Cleveland is willing to do it. But in New York, its tough to do

I see almost $40M of salary cap space tied up in 3 questionable contracts: Revis, Wilkerson, and Fitzpatrick.   

I see some decent draft picks and UDFA's on the field, but at the same time I see Shell inactive every week, a street FA ahead of our 5th rd CB, and 2 drafted QB's that the team is scared to play.   

Macc has had 2 drafts to build talent and right now I'd grade him as a B-.   In terms of committing big $ to underperforming FA's I'd say he is the 2nd coming of Tannenbaum. 

Bowles earned a measure of respect today with the way the Jets played in the second half. Give Mac some time. One thing you can't be is impatient. That's what got the Browns into the quagmire they are in. Changing GM's and HC's every other year had the effect of a football team with no identity and no foundation. I think Mac is doing fine, but must make better FA decisions. I think they have to let go of several veterans in the offseason starting with Revis, Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Breno Giacomini.

I see almost $40M of salary cap space tied up in 3 questionable contracts: Revis, Wilkerson, and Fitzpatrick.   
I see some decent draft picks and UDFA's on the field, but at the same time I see Shell inactive every week, a street FA ahead of our 5th rd CB, and 2 drafted QB's that the team is scared to play.   
Macc has had 2 drafts to build talent and right now I'd grade him as a B-.   In terms of committing big $ to underperforming FA's I'd say he is the 2nd coming of Tannenbaum. 

The Fitz contract is only a one year contract so that one that had to get done. Wilkersons contract was good because it either makes Richardson expendable or Wilkerson tradeable. The revis contract we overpaid to get one of the best corners in NFL history which was a position of need away from our biggest divisional rivals who were trying to resign him, unfortunately he seems to have slowed down significantly this season.

As for shell, our qbs, and our cb they were all drafted with the expectation that they were going to be players who would need time and work to develop you are really upset with players drafted passed the third round who have yet to make an immediate impact? Hack of course is the only exception who I like everyone else believes we reached for in the draft.

As for spending big money he was forced to. By rule he had to spend the money and he brought in a lot of talent. Skrine and gilchrist have probably overperformed what their expectations should have been but for some reason every year We let the media get to us and we believe our players at every position are the best or close to it.

The simplest thing to do is look at our roster idzicks last season with us and our roster now and tell me which one you would rather have.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

most fans want to see the young QB's dude

how does it work in europe, teams get to suck forever and keep the same coach and nobody cares?

How does it work in Europe for soccer? If you're a Top Four team in the Premier League or La Liga, a "name coach" will usually get till mid-season.  Being in a Championship League placing spot is crucial so if they fall out of contention they have an incentive to hire a caretaker.  Lower table teams usually keep a manager a year or two, because too often it's the talent and not the coach....

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

How does it work in Europe for soccer? If you're a Top Four team in the Premier League or La Liga, a "name coach" will usually get till mid-season.  Being in a Championship League placing spot is crucial so if they fall out of contention they have an incentive to hire a caretaker.  Lower table teams usually keep a manager a year or two, because too often it's the talent and not the coach....

so whats the deal ?  united, why aren't you used to how it works ?  you lose you go....

Changing the coach or GM after a 10-6 first season and most likely a 8-8 2nd season, that prior to the season most fans and analysts were speculating would be the record, is beyond idiotic. Suggesting as much shows a limited awareness of football and how worse it could actually be. 

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

First, both Cleveland and the Jets have been rebuilding for the past 30 years, so both markets are used to waiting. Also, I agree that there's a lack of speed on defense in the secondary and among outside LBers, but those can be fixed. Revis is done, even he knows that. Skrine has to be replaced. Lots of youth and speed among receivers on offense though, so I don't agree with you there. Next year, I think Enunwa can replace Marshall, Decker will be back and we can find a good slot receiver (Peake and Anderson haven't been bad). Oh, did I mention that we need a QB who can actually throw them the ball?  

6 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The Fitz contract is only a one year contract so that one that had to get done. Wilkersons contract was good because it either makes Richardson expendable or Wilkerson tradeable. The revis contract we overpaid to get one of the best corners in NFL history which was a position of need away from our biggest divisional rivals who were trying to resign him, unfortunately he seems to have slowed down significantly this season.

As for shell, our qbs, and our cb they were all drafted with the expectation that they were going to be players who would need time and work to develop you are really upset with players drafted passed the third round who have yet to make an immediate impact? Hack of course is the only exception who I like everyone else believes we reached for in the draft.

As for spending big money he was forced to. By rule he had to spend the money and he brought in a lot of talent. Skrine and gilchrist have probably overperformed what their expectations should have been but for some reason every year We let the media get to us and we believe our players at every position are the best or close to it.

The simplest thing to do is look at our roster idzicks last season with us and our roster now and tell me which one you would rather have.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1 - the fitz contract didn't "have to get done".   There were no other bidders and the Jets now have 2017 dead $ as a result of this deal.   Hack, Petty, or Geno could have gotten this team to 1-5 so the Fitz move was questionable at best.   

2 - there is nothing tradeable about Wilkerson's contract.   It's a disaster and he has an Aaron Rodgers like Cap # for a non-impact player.   

3 - Shell better turn into something because Macc used a 4th in 2017 to move up for him and I have no idea why.   There are 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rd picks starting on NFL OL's right now and Macc moved up for a gameday inactive.  

4 - Mauldin and Jenkins both looks like JAG's.  

5 - Revis I'll put on Woody, but that contract sucks.  

7 - Burris was passed by an UDFA 

8 - Harris is slow and overpaid 

9 - there is literally not a TE on the roster who can catch the ball.   

I like Macc.   I think he's at least a football guy and will hopfully work out in the long run.  I just don't get all of the Macc love based on the team that he's assembled.   

Archived