We need to finish the purge of the former team "leadership"

JohnnyLV

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:42 PM, southparkcpa said:

So you believe that Tanny  drafts without input?  Drafts under Mangini were as good as any drafts weve had in a 3 year period.

Well, I'm sure he doesn't draft with Mangini's input now. Input is not the same as responsibility or even veto power. Mangini was a first year coach, so, yeah, I think his input was "ok, good job..." whether he meant it or not.

So, again, there were no "drafts under Mangini". And, really, the notion that the Jets drafts were "as good any drafts we've had in a 3-year period" is pretty much damning with faint praise. Personally, I don't have the desire to go back and check, but I think the 80s teams, with O'Brien, McNeil, Walker, the Sack Exchange, Mehl and Clifton would probably dwarf the drafts you're referring to.

On 3/26/2017 at 0:45 PM, Jetster said:

Don't for one second think this team wasn't fractured into factions like opposing magnets last year. Decker, Mangold & Marshall were the 3 Musketeers when it came to Fitz. 1st you had photos coming out of them together at sporting events in NY (not Marshall but Decker & Mangold). Then you had Marshall giving his two cents about resigning Fitz. Here's the problem, Bowles had expected these veterans to be leaders. Well leaders DO NOT comment on unsigned players, they needed to take the Patriot approach & keep their mouths shut. Then you had the defensive side of the ball with Revis & Wilkerson expected to lead by example but they failed miserably and played terrible. Add in the fact the Marshall, THINKING he's a leader because he's proved to everybody that he's not insane, goes postal in the lockerooom & now you've got Sheldon Richardson taking offense to a dude screaming at him, who went to the wall for his buddy Fitz who just put the defense on the field with 6 picks vs KC. This team was a clusterf*ck of horrible personalities last year, and the youngsters were fending for themselves (Leo, Lee, Jenkins, Burris, the young WRs, the young Oline) seeing actual all 22 tape of guys literally QUITTING at times! Marshall rolling his eyes, alligator arming passes, Revis backing away from tackles & running along side advances of the ball waiting for the Calvary. Mo getting stood straight up & playing patty cake with Olineman, Richardson talking bout "where da Hos at?". Just a classic example of the inmates running the asylum. Pats bring in bad guys but have enough leaders & history to say, "perform or be gone". Guys like Blount ect. There outnumbered by guys that don't accept half ass effort. Marshall wanted NY for showtime (he wore out his welcome everywhere), Decker wanted NY for his wife, Mangolds play had slipped dramatically & was being paid on his past performance at a ridiculous for a center 9 million dollars! Is there any Jet fan that would bet good money that Bill Bellichick would pay his center 9 million dollars? No freaking way! There's only one veteran leader left & he's running on fumes ands that's David Harris. Brings it every game, plays hurt, an old school NFLer. We need a kid like Hackenberg to step up & run an offense. All the youngsters will follow if he makes them successful & they see themselves on sportscenter & NFL network scoring points and being rated for fantasy picks. We need Leo, Lee, Jenkins, Burris to step up & take leadership of the defense. I honestly believe that we'll see a team this year that plays hard, they may not win a lot of games but if they see any improvement & a few upset wins as the year progresses it will set them up nicely going into 2018 with a big wad of money in the bank & another year of high draft choices.

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/606/01/

On March 27, 2017 at 0:06 PM, phill1c said:

huh?!

We drafted two OL and a complete bust in Gholston.

Who did we actually draft of quality "under Mangini" the HC? How well did Cleveland do under Mangini?!

Some of us have this fantasy that no amount of fact can penetrate.

WOW :o Really? Sans Gholston the 2006-2008 drafts were HIGHLY productive harvests that laid part of the foundation that were the '09 & '10 teams that Rex rode to glory on. 

On March 27, 2017 at 0:15 PM, southparkcpa said:

Revis, Mangold  Harris, Leon Washington, Brad Smith and Brick come to mind. Compare his 3 years here with any 3 year period and I believe it compares favorably. Facts you say?  Better than REX for certain. 

THANK YOU! Don't FORGET we signed UDFA Danny Woodhead as well (he wore #83 in 2008 & #22 in '09). The 2001-2014 NY Jets had the SAME college & Pro SCOUTING Depts. (Terry Broadway was the constant figure)  AND THE ONLY YEARS that YIELDED producing draft picks were when MANGINI was at the helm with his buddy Tanny (who BOTH arrived to the Jets as neophytes under Parcels in '97). Once Mangini was gone, the drafts ONE AGAIN FAILED to meet expectations and produce on the field. 

On March 27, 2017 at 0:27 PM, phill1c said:

You don't seem to understand what role a head coach plays. So, basically, there's no real basis for a discussion, sadly.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being factual. It's a fantasy that Mangini, who was never been employed in the Jets front office in the two whole years he was employed here, was somehow the major player in drafting. It's a fantasy that Mangini lovers have and not substantiated by any such observed success before or after. Mangini, the coach, maybe had some input to say "yeah, he's pretty good..." but I see no evidence that he did anything more than ok what the scouting department provided the GM. Really, I see ZERO evidence that he agreed or disagreed with the choices. All I see is his fans wanting to give him credit for the successful picks while ignoring the EPIC BUST in Gholston.

LOL :lol:

Put down the Crack Pipe. 

tumblr_n44tmpqcn31sv7laoo2_500.gif

On March 27, 2017 at 0:42 PM, southparkcpa said:

So you believe that Tanny  drafts without input?  Drafts under Mangini were as good as any drafts weve had in a 3 year period.  Tanny before and after Mangini was below average and his tenure reeks of meddling from the coach.  he was a cap guy , lawyer, accountant type.  He needed coach input.   But start out a response with insults like you do... it shows more about you than I care to know. Don't bother responding since you cant even be civil on a message board.

Thank you for putting this fool in check!

cube2.jpg

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

WOW :o Really? Sans Gholston the 2006-2008 drafts were HIGHLY productive harvests that laid part of the foundation that were the '09 & '10 teams that Rex rode to glory on

Nothing screams "weak argument..." like oversized and animated graphics.

so, if we can focus on the substance of your assertions...

Sans Gholston??! When you have the sixth pick in the draft and you whiff so mightily, you can't rightly label the drafting 'HIGHLY productive". And if these drafts were so great, why did we need so many free agents, like Bart Scott, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Thomas Jones, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, Brett Favre to name a few? And, if they were so great, why did this "glory ride" last all of TWO years?

Your argument seems to ignore many unpleasant facts and is not supported adequately by animated GIFs. BTW is that YOU smoking dope in the GIF?

On March 26, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Snell41 said:

Mo isn't worth a 1st in any possible realm whatsoever. Not sure how that's even considered a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mo is a wildly overrated player with an asinine contract 

We'd be lucky to literally get nothing in exchange for some dopey team taking on his contract

On March 27, 2017 at 1:21 PM, JiF said:

Did you know that when Todd Bowles joined the Jets he literally said in a press conference "Mo gets special treatment because he went to Temple" and everyone laughed and was like....oh cute,see, Todd has a personality and a sense of humor.

Little did we know he was dead ass serious.

Bowles is our worst HC since Kotite -- might be worse

14 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

WOW :o Really? Sans Gholston the 2006-2008 drafts were HIGHLY productive harvests that laid part of the foundation that were the '09 & '10 teams that Rex rode to glory on. 

THANK YOU! Don't FORGET we signed UDFA Danny Woodhead as well (he wore #83 in 2008 & #22 in '09). The 2001-2014 NY Jets had the SAME college & Pro SCOUTING Depts. (Terry Broadway was the constant figure)  AND THE ONLY YEARS that YIELDED producing draft picks were when MANGINI was at the helm with his buddy Tanny (who BOTH arrived to the Jets as neophytes under Parcels in '97). Once Mangini was gone, the drafts ONE AGAIN FAILED to meet expectations and produce on the field. 

LOL :lol:

Put down the Crack Pipe. 

tumblr_n44tmpqcn31sv7laoo2_500.gif

Thank you for putting this fool in check!

cube2.jpg

Amazing that its so simple...  Tanny hadnt had a decent draft before mangini or after mangini.  Under REX, the drafts REEKED of REX influence and when they didnt we got Stephen Hill and Vlad.

16 hours ago, peebag said:

FU azzhole! 

I did have it in paragraphs & it reconfigured as one large block when I posted it. I grossed $260,000 in 2016, just saw my accountant last week. How much did your make Mr. English professor?

F*cking people on this sight make it so f*cking hard to communicate with other Jet fans without these azzholes filling the threads with minutia that no one f*cking cares about. Get lost! 

16 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

Amen.

FU too! F*cking dickwads on this sight. So it might have been difficult to read as it was written in paragraphs & didn't stay that way when posted. You could have learned something instead of being a smarmy little sh*t. How old are you guys?

On March 27, 2017 at 11:15 AM, southparkcpa said:

Revis, Mangold  Harris, Leon Washington, Brad Smith and Brick come to mind. Compare his 3 years here with any 3 year period and I believe it compares favorably. Facts you say?  Better than REX for certain. 

Cool.  Y'know there's tjis new thing called a General Manager and Front Office?

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Amazing that its so simple...  Tanny hadnt had a decent draft before mangini or after mangini.  Under REX, the drafts REEKED of REX influence and when they didnt we got Stephen Hill and Vlad.

The "golden age" of jets drafting was really just two drafts and our FO certainly missed on some players (I.E-Schlegal).  We did get some very good players in the Rex  era drafts Wilkerson, Richardson, Damon Harrison was UFA but still counts

When all is said and done Snacks might end up having a better career than Revis 

And if you believe Rex he wanted Russel Wilson over the workout warrior Stephen Hill -- only thing was Rex didn't make the decisions and neither did Mangini

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

FU azzhole! 

I did have it in paragraphs & it reconfigured as one large block when I posted it. I grossed $260,000 in 2016, just saw my accountant last week. How much did your make Mr. English professor?

F*cking people on this sight make it so f*cking hard to communicate with other Jet fans without these azzholes filling the threads with minutia that no one f*cking cares about. Get lost! 

Sorry.  I apologize profusely.  It's just that if you're going to post something that you feel strongly about, why not make it easier for people to comprehend?

And welcome to the site!  If there's anything you're confused about, let us know!

2 hours ago, thadude said:

And if you believe Rex he wanted Russel Wilson over the workout warrior Stephen Hill -- only thing was Rex didn't make the decisions and neither did Mangini

My simple but salient point was Tanny was heavily influenced by the HC as his background was NOT football but legal.

The rest is speculation on all our parts.

Archived