The Jets "Super Bowl" Window Poll

What Is The Status Of The NY Jets Super Bowl Window of Opportunity?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Is The Status Of The NY Jets Super Bowl Window of Opportunity?

• We Had Our Chance And Lost It
    • We're In The Window Right Now
    • We're A Few Players/Coaches Away From it

Since I've never had the pleasure of seeing the Jets make the superbowl, I'll use baseball as an example here.

In my opinion, when the Yankees lost the world series in 2003, I took it alot harder than the previous season when we lost to the angels in the ALDS.

It ticks me off and makes me mad, because we were that much closer to actually winning the frickin title and to lose it, when you know it was so close in reach, thats IMHO, more heartbreaking that not making the playoffs or losing in the early rounds.

You can't though.

Comparing the Yankees to the Jets is f'ing stupid.

Wow the 2003 Yankees were a whole two years removed from their last appearance and a whopping 3 years removed from their last title. :roll:

The Yanks are expected to do great things with their payroll superiority. The Jets are not and have not made it to the championship game in 36 years.

You can't though.

Comparing the Yankees to the Jets is f'ing stupid.

Wow the 2003 Yankees were a whole two years removed from their last appearance and a whopping 3 years removed from their last title. :roll:

The Yanks are expected to do great things with their payroll superiority. The Jets are not and have not made it to the championship game in 36 years.

Hasn't been 36 years for me. In my case, its a good example. JMO

I hate to say it, but just making the Super Bowl at this poimt, even if they get blown out in it, would be a monumental step for this team.

Word.

You can't learn to walk before you can crawl.

As much as I hated '86 and '96, there is nothing better than having your team playing in the Super Bowl.

Just trust me on that one. :wink:

Word.

As much as I hated '86 and '96, there is nothing better than having your team playing in the Super Bowl.

I can just imagine the week leading up to it. It would be Jets Mardi Gras all week long.

Word.

What was harder to swallow.

Losing the superbowl those years?

Or not making the playoffs in 2002?

maxmans love butter?

What was harder to swallow.

Losing the superbowl those years?

Or not making the playoffs in 2002?

Easy question.

Playing in the Super Bowl is the ultimate experience.

Of course you don't want to lose that game, but you are always 60 minutes away from ecstasy.

I'll give up a 2-14 season (which I had season tickets) for a team that can get to the Super Bowl, any day of the week.

Easy question.

Playing in the Super Bowl is the ultimate experience.

Of course you don't want to lose that game, but you are always 60 minutes away from ecstasy.

I'll give up a 2-14 season (which I had season tickets) for a team that can get to the Super Bowl, any day of the week.

You're not answering the question directly............

was it hard to swallow maxmans love butter or not?

Same Old Jets.

A "nice and pretty" little team that will win 9-11 games, just making the playoffs as a Wild Card team and once again getting bouced in the early rounds.

The Jets still do not have a capable HC and QB to compete (and get the job done) against the elite teams in the NFL.

The Jets ARE an elite team...

The Jets ARE an elite team.

Exactly how do you consider the Jets are an elite team?

Elite teams win their division outright (not on a 3-way tie breaker), don't BACK into the playoffs, don't go 1-3 over the final quarter of the regualr season and most certainly beat good teams when the chips are on the line.

The Jets are NOT an elite team.

In all seriousness

This season will be my 20th as a Jets season ticket holder. In those 19 years I can count the number of playoff games on one hand that I have seen there.

I know the chances are slim for most of us of actually seeing the Super Bowl in person so for me, get me an AFC Championship game at home. I can't even imagine the maddness that would be the Medowlands that day.

The parking lot, the tailgates. The game, the intensity. All that live.

Being close to Philadelphia I have seen what it is like the last couple of years. (Well until this past season) and it was like one big weeklong party leading up to the game.

I REALLY want that this year. I want to be able to feel that tingle and intensity leading up to kickoff and just the joy and probably some trepediation that alot of us would feel going in.

And if the Jets ever won that game.

WATCH OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am supposed to be happy and privledged to see the Jets just make the superbowl, and not actually WIN IT!?!? Thats ridiculous!

WORD. =D> Take it from a frustrated, but still hardcore Cincinnati Bengals fan who's been there TWICE, only to come away empty handed each time. Nothing, and I do mean N-O-T-H-I-N-G leaves you feeling more empty than losing a Super Bowl game.

Maybe it wouldn't have felt so bad if it wasn't to the "Butt-Bangin' Faggot-Niners" both times! :cry:

See? The wound is yet to heal from '88.

The Pats are the only team in NFL history to play in the Super Bowl in three consectutive decades.

For the record...

The Raiders played in the SuperBowl in three consecutive decades before the Patriots made it to their first one. Winning 3 out of 4.

The Pats are the only team in NFL history to play in the Super Bowl in three consectutive decades.

For the record...

The Raiders played in the SuperBowl in three consecutive decades before the Patriots made it to their first one. Winning 3 out of 4.

Archived