Easily Correctable Mistakes

Barton

Thats what I take from this game.

The fumbles in the shutgun formation were awful to see, I'll admit it. It was not pretty.

Chad was missing open targets more than a few times, especially on 3rd downs. He just needs to shed off some cobweb and rust, and he'll be fine.

I am VERY confident in this team. Our defense got owned the 1st quarter. But after that we pretty much shutdown the Chiefs offense, especially Trent Green.

Great INT by Ty Law, that was good to see :)

Barrett got completely owned the 1st quarter. But rebounded and had a very good 2nd half.

The defense will be fine, I know of this.

The offense flashed alot of good things. The running game was horrible.

Its hard for an Oline to pick up 8-9 guys when they stack the box and overload on the blitz.

The gameplan for the game was poor on both sides of the ball. Some horrible mistakes on offense when we in scoring position or close to it.

Coles dropping passes

Chad not being accurate

Things that will change after the 1st game. The team was not prepared, poor preparation for sure. But the defense showed its grit and the offense really showed awesome things.

I am very confident in this team. I am not gonna stand off the ledge of a skyscraper like some of you folks.

Its 1 fuc#ing game. RELAX.

We got back home next week, and while the dolphins are improved, we will also be improved from week 1.

I have no patience for homers today, so I'll just leave it at this:

Super Bowl Winners make every game important and prepare thusly. The Jets clearly do not. 37 years and counting.

Then pack it up and head for the mountains. Go root for another fu#king team, you assclown.

Another correctable mistake

The shotgun exchange between Mawae and Pennington.

I blame this loss on the coahces, including Herm, and the players. But inbetween all that mess, was some good things. Sorry if you dont feel that way, but I do. Deal with it.

Then pack it up and head for the mountains. Go root for another fu#king team, you assclown.

Another correctable mistake

The shotgun exchange between Mawae and Pennington.

I blame this loss on the coahces, including Herm, and the players. But inbetween all that mess, was some good things. Sorry if you dont feel that way, but I do. Deal with it.

If the mistakes were SO correctable, it shouldnt take an ass-whooping to make adjustments.

I will always be a Jets fan. I just have no loyalty to Herm. He can go **** himself. I'm tired of being told im less of a fan because im not a disgusting little homer.

The offense did not present BARELY anything that should give you any reason for optimism. I love Chad and all but he is as much to blame as Mawae for the fumbled exchanges. Plus, he makes more dumb decisions during/after the shoulder injury than he did before it. Wonder why?

Oh, and the O-line flat out sucks! I never thought I would see Coles pussy out and drop 2 easy TDs in a row!

But EB is right, these mistakes are easily correctable:

No more easy-ass training camps with all you can eat BBQs and circle jerking when everyone else is out there busting their asses to get in playing shape.

Cmon now, disgusting only describes the butterface in your signature

As far as the Jets go, Barton is only half right. It's fine to be critical on the Jets and their mistakes, but we don't have be little crybaby b!tches about one bad loss

I'm sorry, but 80 at least has a juggy female in his signature and not 3 queer emo boys!

Fake 80, youre the last person that should be saying anything about anybody's avatar, sig, or posting style. Youre a f*cking hack!

All of these mistakes were to be taken care of before the season. That's why they have pre-season games. For coaches to see mistakes that players make and for them to correct those mistakes.

Herm and his crew didn't do that.

I agree 100%. But lets not forget that Chad missed all reps in minicamps and most of training camp. He was very rusty in the familiar functions of the game this afternoon. These are correctable mistakes, with the fumble BS. Mawae did exactly put them right on the numbers, either.

Its 1 mutherf#cking game

I agree 100%. But lets not forget that Chad missed all reps in minicamps and most of training camp. He was very rusty in the familiar functions of the game this afternoon. These are correctable mistakes, with the fumble BS. Mawae did exactly put them right on the numbers, either.

Its 1 mutherf#cking game

That's true.

Let's just hope that Mawae and Pennington do a lot of practicing so they get the shotgun right next week.

3 things to do this week:

1. Somebody show Laveranues how to catch wide open passes, McCareins as well.

2. Have Mawae and Chad just snap the ball back and forth 100+ times by themselves everyday after practice, 100 under center and 100 in the shotgun.

3. Bench David Barrett and start Derrick Strait.

Cmon now, disgusting only describes the butterface in your signature

As far as the Jets go, Barton is only half right. It's fine to be critical on the Jets and their mistakes, but we don't have be little crybaby b!tches about one bad loss

You don't understand 80, being little crybaby b!tches after 1 bad game is the namesake of quite a few posters here at JN.

When was the last time you saw a Jet team look this bad in a game?

Exactly! rsherryjr you nailed it right on the hammer...and the fact is, I HAVN'T seen a Jets team play this bad as long as I can remember. That 42-7 opening day loss to New England 3-4 years ago was terrible but we played worse today, this is the worse I think I've seen the Jets play since 1996.

Not to compare this team to the 03 Pats (cause we'd never hear the end of it), but they were tossed 33-0 in Buffalo to start the season.

I hear ya. But that was a team that already had a title 2 years earlier. The did have the LAwyer Milloy thing too. And also regardless of the score this game was much uglier.

New England at the meadowlands last season. I think that game was definetly worse than todays.

No way. Really the only thing that failed that day was Chad and it was against the eventual Super Bowl Champs. This game had a ton more mental breakdowns and sloppy plays.

What about the 44-3 whooping the Pats gave us in 02?

Or the 30something to 3 vs the Fins one week earlier?

Same common themes in all of these games:

Early season matchups where our team wasn't at regular season speed yet.

Herm took it way to easy on the boys this camp and it shows. There wasn't any stressing of a fast start this season and we weren't ready to play.

No way. Really the only thing that failed that day was Chad and it was against the eventual Super Bowl Champs. This game had a ton more mental breakdowns and sloppy plays.

This game definetly had alot more stupid plays. But that never happens with our team. I am not going to through out how well our team has played (discipline wise) the past 3 years, over 1 single game. Its openng day, and the team was obviously not prepared for it.

Time to move on with a positive outlook and get ready for the Phins at our home turf! The Jets need to represent next week!

This game definetly had alot more stupid plays. But that never happens with our team. I am not going to through out how well our team has played (discipline wise) the past 3 years, over 1 single game. Its openng day, and the team was obviously not prepared for it.

Time to move on with a positive outlook and get ready for the Phins at our home turf! The Jets need to represent next week!

I agree EB. It is time to move on. But next weeks game has me more worried than the one we just played.

I agree EB. It is time to move on. But next weeks game has me more worried than the one we just played.

We need to shutdown Ronnie Brown. Miamis Oline is still horrible. They wont be running those damn toss plays off tackle with perfect execution against us like the Chiefs did. Ferrorte can blow my crank. Abraham will have a big game I think.

We need to shutdown Ronnie Brown. Miamis Oline is still horrible. They wont be running those damn toss plays off tackle with perfect execution against us like the Chiefs did. Ferrorte can blow my crank. Abraham will have a big game I think.

This Dolphin team is well coached and will not be an easy win. A good o-line is as much about coaching as it is talent.

This Dolphin team is well coached and will not be an easy win. A good o-line is as much about coaching as it is talent.

This is true. I fully expect the Jets to be pissed off and foaming at the mouth next sunday. Lose against the Phins pathetic team I will be very very unhappy.

Archived