Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

How can you be so sure? I know with Edwards-Holmes-JCo where we wound up last season. The loss in Pittsburgh wasnt because of them.

Forget last year for just a minute. Let's say for arguments sake we concede that last year's WR corps was unquestionably better. Last year, they made it just as far as the prior year, despite in 2009 having a rookie Sanchez and unquestionably worse WR corps in 2009 than 2010. The WR corps certainly did nothing to hold the team back in 2009, so the question would be, would you really try to argue that the current WR corps isn't absolutely better than the 2009 group? The team starting off with Cotchery/Stuckey/Smith and started the season 3-0 in the process. From there they went with Edwards (who was absolutely not at his best after coming in mid-season)/Cotch/Smith, not exactly an all star group either. Even if you don't think this group is a good as last year's, I don't see how you could argue this isn't at least the second best WR corps the Jets have had in many, many years, and they're more than good enough to get the job done if Sanchez and some of the other young guys step it up.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id say the red zone offense and a pass rush. The offense I blame on the play calling and clock management. In Pittsburgh alot went wrong.

Overall, it was our passing offense.

We ranked in the top 10 in rushing offense, rushing defense, passing defense and scoring defense. We ranked 13th in scoring offense.

Passing offense? 22nd.

If you go by CTM's nerd buddies over at FO, its the same thing - top ten in rushing and passing defense, 2nd in the league in rushing offense.

Passing offense? 20th.

I'm sorry but I am not going to bemoan the loss of two WRs who helped us be the 22nd best passing offense in the NFL last year, especially when we signed guys who can potentially help us get better.

These are statistics, facts, they cannot be argued with. This is not me being a homer. The homer is the guy who thinks that Jerricho Cotchery is some kind of all-world receiver and that Braylon Edwards is irreplaceable.

According to Albert Einstein the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Bringing back the exact same cast and thinking there would be some major improvement is just effin' crazy.

Just because you get a DUI does not mean you have an alcohol problem! Let me know when you find the link!

Braylon's a drunk, and you're both in denial.

If you don't think he has serious off the field issues, how else can you explain your beloved Braylon not being offered anything more than a 1yr/$1M contract from a single team?

I know you can't, but I'm sure you'll come up with some less than clever reply, anyway.

If you don't think he has serious off the field issues, how else can you explain your beloved Braylon not being offered anything more than a 1yr/$1M contract from a single team?

I know you can't, but I'm sure you'll come up with some less than clever reply, anyway.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really really sorry for my less than clever replies. Really!

I am sure this is all beneath you. Thanks for humoring us mere mortals!

You should really go where you belong. The MENSA board!

I am really really sorry for my less than clever replies. Really!

I am sure this is all beneath you. Thanks for humoring us mere mortals!

You should really go where you belong. The MENSA board!

Thank you for not disappointing.

Overall, it was our passing offense.

We ranked in the top 10 in rushing offense, rushing defense, passing defense and scoring defense. We ranked 13th in scoring offense.

Passing offense? 22nd.

If you go by CTM's nerd buddies over at FO, its the same thing - top ten in rushing and passing defense, 2nd in the league in rushing offense.

Passing offense? 20th.

I'm sorry but I am not going to bemoan the loss of two WRs who helped us be the 22nd best passing offense in the NFL last year, especially when we signed guys who can potentially help us get better.

These are statistics, facts, they cannot be argued with. This is not me being a homer. The homer is the guy who thinks that Jerricho Cotchery is some kind of all-world receiver and that Braylon Edwards is irreplaceable.

According to Albert Einstein the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Bringing back the exact same cast and thinking there would be some major improvement is just effin' crazy.

I would have been fine replacing Cotch and Edwards with young proven WR's not freakin old men who DO NOT HAVE A FUTURE HERE. If your happy with a 34 year old and a 37 year old at WR on a team on the brink of a SB your football knowledge is severely lacking. Plax is already having issues recovering from what the team called a "rolled ankle" that then needed a freakin MRI. If these guys get hurt mid season with Injuries a younger player could have recovered from at a faster rate your SB dream goes down the ******* toilet. I cant freakin belive Im arguing this point because arguing that 34 and 37 are not a large concern and a big risk is idiotic.

And yes Klecko if these guys went to a Division rival you would have been the frist one laughing how the idiots signed these old men at WR as a matter of fact you would have started the threads

You're a joke pal.

You've got 10 people disagreeing with you and you have the balls to attack me? Call me stupid? Call me a goof? Call me homer? (aka the plaintive wail of the jackass with no legitimate argument, you still think Pennington can be a great NFL QB and I'M the homer?)

Free piece of advice: if JiF and I are agreeing on something, you probably want to be on our side.

Im sorry I forgot to call you a Douche :) with a football IQ in the single digits.

Archived