Sunday Ticket

FloridaJetsFan

Last year, Direct TV tried to jack me up to over $300 for the Sunday Ticket, so I bitched and threatened to leave (I've been a "loyal customer" for over 8 years now). They lowered my price to around $180ish after rebates, so I said fine, and stuck with them. Got my email notification for my bill and saw they were charging me $54 for 6 months, so I get on the phone again. Told her there's no way I'm paying over $300 when they're GIVING it away to new customers and the only reason I have Direct TV is because I'm a Jets fan living in Florida. So if I'm not getting the Ticket, I don't need Direct TV. She knocked $20 off the bill for the next 6 months bringing it down to about $200. I'm okay with that. Good luck with your negotiations!

New customers who I assume sign a contract which subsidizes the cost of the package... but sure spin away... lol

Actually it doesnt. My friend just signed up for their cheapest package and Sunday Ticket is a part of it. FREE FOR NEW CUSTOMERS, its a part of your plan. Go cry in your cheerios! :P

Hilarious seeing that its FREE for new customers.

Yeah, it's the same crap everywhere though. The morons at Cablevision have me on their offer mailing list despite me already being a customer, and so I'm not actually eligible for any of it. They mailed me the newest offer that they're giving for their triple play package: $69.99 per month. I'm paying nearly twice that now, and don't even have their phone service. After seeing that I had to call to see what they said, and of course gave me a load of excuses and told me how I could get rid of half of my cable channels to save like $10 off my bill. The funny thing is when I asked the lady if she could give me a reason why I should possibly pay twice for less service if I can just switch to another company who will give me the same offer cablevision is offering their new customers (which you can always pull off), and her only response was that she actually agreed with me. I don't take it out on them, because I know it's just their job and there's nothing they can do about it, but it's a complete joke. There's no business in the world who treats their existing customers so much worse than their new ones as cable/satellite providers. The only way they'll ever give you any real offer if you're already a customer is if you call to cancel. But like I told that lady, if I'm calling to cancel that means I've already signed up with a new company and at that point, it's too little too late. They're a bunch of scumbags, all of them.

That said, since I don't have to worry about seeing Jets games being in the area, I can just cancel and switch to Fios now that they're finally in the area and tell them to go F themselves. I hate those Dolan bastards as it is anyway, plus I'll finally have NFL Network.

Yeah, it's the same crap everywhere though. The morons at Cablevision have me on their offer mailing list despite me already being a customer, and so I'm not actually eligible for any of it. They mailed me the newest offer that they're giving for their triple play package: $69.99 per month. I'm paying nearly twice that now, and don't even have their phone service. After seeing that I had to call to see what they said, and of course gave me a load of excuses and told me how I could get rid of half of my cable channels to save like $10 off my bill. The funny thing is when I asked the lady if she could give me a reason why I should possibly pay twice for less service if I can just switch to another company who will give me the same offer cablevision is offering their new customers (which you can always pull off), and her only response was that she actually agreed with me. I don't take it out on them, because I know it's just their job and there's nothing they can do about it, but it's a complete joke. There's no business in the world who treats their existing customers so much worse than their new ones as cable/satellite providers. The only way they'll ever give you any real offer if you're already a customer is if you call to cancel. But like I told that lady, if I'm calling to cancel that means I've already signed up with a new company and at that point, it's too little too late. They're a bunch of scumbags, all of them.

That said, since I don't have to worry about seeing Jets games being in the area, I can just cancel and switch to Fios now that they're finally in the area and tell them to go F themselves. I hate those Dolan bastards as it is anyway, plus I'll finally have NFL Network.

I wouldve switched to FIOs if my building didnt have a stupid rule that only 1 cable company can be wired into the building at a time.

I wouldve switched to FIOs if my building didnt have a stupid rule that only 1 cable company can be wired into the building at a time.

I actually had to talk to my landlord about him letting me get it installed, but now that he's on board, I'll be more than happy to tell Cablevision where to stick it. When I called them about that it was their last chance with me, after that I talked to the landlord and now I'm good to go.

Funny thing is he's actually now using me as his tester. He told me to get it and then let him know how I like their service. :-P

I actually had to talk to my landlord about him letting me get it installed, but now that he's on board, I'll be more than happy to tell Cablevision where to stick it. When I called them about that it was their last chance with me, after that I talked to the landlord and now I'm good to go.

Funny thing is he's actually now using me as his tester. He told me to get it and then let him know how I like their service. :-P

You're going to be waiting a long time to get it installed since they aren't doing any new installs till the strike ends. However it is well worth the wait, Fios absolutely rapes cablevision as a service.

Whatever.... New customers get Sunday ticket all right. NON-HD!

1,000 apologies for sounding like an elitist, I didn't pay for the 55" LED to watch giant pixels move around the screen.

not true as far as I know. The free sunday ticket is for choice xtra and above packages, which all include HD. There is no seperate NFL package for hd, you just need to have hd in general.

The catch with the free sunday ticket is you sign a 2 year agreement for service and pay for the second year of sunday ticket.

Actually it doesnt. My friend just signed up for their cheapest package and Sunday Ticket is a part of it. FREE FOR NEW CUSTOMERS, its a part of your plan. Go cry in your cheerios! :P

not true as far as I know. The free sunday ticket is for choice xtra and above packages, which all include HD. There is no seperate NFL package for hd, you just need to have hd in general.

The catch with the free sunday ticket is you sign a 2 year agreement for service and pay for the second year of sunday ticket.

Shocker... you mean nothing is FREE! lol

You're going to be waiting a long time to get it installed since they aren't doing any new installs till the strike ends. However it is well worth the wait, Fios absolutely rapes cablevision as a service.

Yeah, definitely dragged my feet a little too long on that when I had the Verizon guy at my front door trying to setup an install date with me. Whoops. :-P

Although I have heard that Verizon is going ahead with installs anyway, so who knows. Either way, it's not like I need it done by tomorrow, so I'm not too concerned. Cabelvision won't hear from me until I have working service in my place.

Yeah, definitely dragged my feet a little too long on that when I had the Verizon guy at my front door trying to setup an install date with me. Whoops. :-P

Although I have heard that Verizon is going ahead with installs anyway, so who knows. Either way, it's not like I need it done by tomorrow, so I'm not too concerned. Cabelvision won't hear from me until I have working service in my place.

If they are doing new installs that is news to me. I work as a Fios salesman and when we make sales we still can't set up install dates, we pretty much are just locking up promotions and saving people a spot in line whenever the strike is over and installs start up again.

I have the Premier package. After canceling Sunday Ticket auto-renewal I advised them that I would be switching from DTV to a FIOS bundle that would save me $1200 annually *before* the Sunday Ticket rape & bake, they offered me half-off. I told them $1500-1600 is a lot of beer, wings, nachos and halftime BJ's in the parking lot of the sports bar. Way too many emails and lots of talking to dumb country-phuck mooks.

Bottom line: Sunday Ticket is free for me this year. Whoever came up with the free Sunday Ticket promo is probably working at Home Depot right now. The FIOS rep said they had lots of action from disgruntled DTV customners based on the "free" Sunday Ticket deal. Next year I have to screw with this again. When does DTV exclusivity run out?

If they are doing new installs that is news to me. I work as a Fios salesman and when we make sales we still can't set up install dates, we pretty much are just locking up promotions and saving people a spot in line whenever the strike is over and installs start up again.

Well then in that case I will certainly take your word for it, as I imagine you know what you're talking about better than I do. My basis for that was solely on an article I read, nothing that I was actually told by anyone in trying to sign up or anything, so that could be bull crap for all I know. Like I said though, I'm not overly worried about needing it right now.

So... have any particularly awesome promotions you want to offer me? :-P

i've had the ticket for the last ten years but i'm moving on friday and i have to switch to regular cable. my friend is signing a new agreement and i'm gonna pay him 10 a month and use his sunday ticket to go so i can watch it streaming on the pc.

i've had the ticket for the last ten years but i'm moving on friday and i have to switch to regular cable. my friend is signing a new agreement and i'm gonna pay him 10 a month and use his sunday ticket to go so i can watch it streaming on the pc.

Slingbox, man.

1,000 apologies for sounding like an elitist, I didn't pay for the 55" LED to watch giant pixels move around the screen.

I am calling BS -- if they have an HD receiver, it will be HD. If not, then low-def. BTW, elitist works only when you have a reason to be elitist. Your 55" LED doesn't qualify stronzo. Every mook has one.

I called the night after the announced that the lockout was over and told them that I wanted to cancel before they started to automatically billing me.

She asked me why and I told them I am not going to created another revenue stream for these greedy owners and players. The only l recourse I have as a fan is hit them where it hurts in the wallet. In addition to that my team has X nationally televised games (Monday night FTBL, Sunday night FTB Night in America, Thursday NFLN games ) and they are playing the Redskins and Ravens and since I live in VA both those games will be televised. So I refused to pay 50.00 a game for 6 games, I just do see the value in that form me. Also with the expense of raising the twins I just cant afford it. Then I hit them with and to be honest the only reason I have DTV is for the Sunday ticket and my local cable offers me free HD DVR on all the TV’s that I am having to lease from you every month and I can get the NFL red zone thru Cox as well. Maybe I should just cancel my DTV period.

Bottom line 20 off the ticket and 10 off the sports package (I have to have SNY to see the post game and Jet Nation.

got mines for half price + $20 off my monthly bills. I got them down to $89.00 which is a lot BUT i have 5 receivers(2 are hd dvrs) and a high 'tier' programming because i got chirren that 'need' the sprout and disney channel.

All you have to do is tell them you are cancelling your service. they will send you to their cancelation department. That is where the magic happens. the cancelation department. trust me, I had a guy give me a $250.00 credit after I was done resigning with them, i was surprised by that but I am no longer surprised at what they give you when you tell them that you can live without direct tv because cable or fios will pay your disconnection fees. good luck

Nope. I had Sunday Ticket growing up at my parents, then when I moved in to a place with my brother (he was on the directv bill) and for the first time, I have it under my name at my own place. I have HD, DVR in the whole house, Sunday Ticket and three receivers and my monthly bill is $54.

Nope. I had Sunday Ticket growing up at my parents, then when I moved in to a place with my brother (he was on the directv bill) and for the first time, I have it under my name at my own place. I have HD, DVR in the whole house, Sunday Ticket and three receivers and my monthly bill is $54.

I now have a second reason to hate you.

Even DirectTV knows it has to hugely motivate Dolphags fans to see their own team! :)

P.S: That's a really nice deal you got there!

got mines for half price + $20 off my monthly bills. I got them down to $89.00 which is a lot BUT i have 5 receivers(2 are hd dvrs) and a high 'tier' programming because i got chirren that 'need' the sprout and disney channel.

All you have to do is tell them you are cancelling your service. they will send you to their cancelation department. That is where the magic happens. the cancelation department. trust me, I had a guy give me a $250.00 credit after I was done resigning with them, i was surprised by that but I am no longer surprised at what they give you when you tell them that you can live without direct tv because cable or fios will pay your disconnection fees. good luck

I got the 250 credit plus 10 bucks off for 6 months plus a Hi Def DVR and 1 Hi def receiver for my guest house which allowed me to cancel Comcast TV which saves me 600.00 a year and the renters now get the full premium package and NFL football like I get all on my 1 account..

Just dropped major coin ordering one of these to bolt onto the cargo trailer for tailgating. This is the only system that provides full Directv HD, and can hook up to 3 or more receivers.

Plan on having at least 2 tvs to start, showing a game and redzone.

I am new to sat tv, so i have a question. I assume that the sunday ticket will allow me to watch multiple games on different receivers at the same time, right?

I got the 250 credit plus 10 bucks off for 6 months plus a Hi Def DVR and 1 Hi def receiver for my guest house which allowed me to cancel Comcast TV which saves me 600.00 a year and the renters now get the full premium package and NFL football like I get all on my 1 account..

well done sir

Last year, Direct TV tried to jack me up to over $300 for the Sunday Ticket, so I bitched and threatened to leave (I've been a "loyal customer" for over 8 years now). They lowered my price to around $180ish after rebates, so I said fine, and stuck with them. Got my email notification for my bill and saw they were charging me $54 for 6 months, so I get on the phone again. Told her there's no way I'm paying over $300 when they're GIVING it away to new customers and the only reason I have Direct TV is because I'm a Jets fan living in Florida. So if I'm not getting the Ticket, I don't need Direct TV. She knocked $20 off the bill for the next 6 months bringing it down to about $200. I'm okay with that. Good luck with your negotiations!

I got it free this year, I get it every year, they make u sign up for a year. so I get it free this year next year I'll complain and have to pay 200 or so like you, then after the season I'll cut directv off and then befor football comes back I'll sign back up, they also give the football package free to returning customers! so it's free for me this year! yay!

By the way, Sony just signed a deal with DirecTV. Now you can watch Sunday Ticket through the PS3. Like usual, the current customers are getting it in the shorts. On top of the Sunday Ticket price, you have to pay another $50 to watch it on PS3. If you don't have DirecTV, you just pay the Sunday Ticket price and get to watch all of the games through the PS3. How does this even make sense?

By the way, Sony just signed a deal with DirecTV. Now you can watch Sunday Ticket through the PS3. Like usual, the current customers are getting it in the shorts. On top of the Sunday Ticket price, you have to pay another $50 to watch it on PS3. If you don't have DirecTV, you just pay the Sunday Ticket price and get to watch all of the games through the PS3. How does this even make sense?

Really? Brilliant move by Sony, but it's going to seriously piss off some DTV customers. The whole point of the extra charge is Sony wants their cut and DTV doesn't want it coming out of what they're already getting from their customers. DTV isn't nearly as worried about that with the people who subscribe through PS3 because they just see this as additional customers they never would have had, thus the no extra fee. Of course the flip side is it's going to seriously piss off a lot of paying DTV subscribers. I have no doubt if you call up and bitch enough they'll probably add it on free of charge (assuming you aren't getting Sunday Ticket for free to begin with).

That said, I wonder how they regulate this. I know my father gets Sunday ticket every year, and I'd be more than happy to give him $50 to add that service onto his account so I can watch all of the games on my PS3.

Here's the link.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/17/directv-and-playstation-bring-nfl-sunday-ticket-to-ps3/#utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nfl_081711

DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

+ Posted by Philip Rosenberg // Senior Vice President, Business Development, SCEA

Hello PlayStation Nation!

Are you ready for some football!

We are excited to announce that PlayStation has partnered with DIRECTV to bring its popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, to the PlayStation 3 game console. PlayStation owners across the country will now have the opportunity to watch every out-of-market Sunday game on their PS3.

How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver for your home.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV-exclusive sports package that offers:

•Up to 14 NFL games every Sunday

•Full HD for every football game

•DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel

We know that PlayStation fans are huge sports enthusiasts, so adding NFL SUNDAY TICKET is the perfect complement to the PS3’s rapidly growing lineup of sports entertainment, including MLB.TV and NHL GameCenter. We’ll have more info, including a video tutorial and sign up information on the blog shortly. I hope you’re as excited for the football season as we are.

Here's the link.

http://blog.us.plays...aign=nfl_081711

DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

+ Posted by Philip Rosenberg // Senior Vice President, Business Development, SCEA

Hello PlayStation Nation!

Are you ready for some football!

We are excited to announce that PlayStation has partnered with DIRECTV to bring its popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, to the PlayStation 3 game console. PlayStation owners across the country will now have the opportunity to watch every out-of-market Sunday game on their PS3.

How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver for your home.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV-exclusive sports package that offers:

•Up to 14 NFL games every Sunday

•Full HD for every football game

•DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel

We know that PlayStation fans are huge sports enthusiasts, so adding NFL SUNDAY TICKET is the perfect complement to the PS3’s rapidly growing lineup of sports entertainment, including MLB.TV and NHL GameCenter. We’ll have more info, including a video tutorial and sign up information on the blog shortly. I hope you’re as excited for the football season as we are.

So does this mean someone with DirectTV gets Sunday ticket for $50 if they use a PS3... or does it mean they pay an additional $50 to use the PS3?

So does this mean someone with DirectTV gets Sunday ticket for $50 if they use a PS3... or does it mean they pay an additional $50 to use the PS3?

It means they pay an additional $50. You know, to reward your loyalty and stuff.

Archived