Dolphins bask in glow of 2nd preseason victory

Jetsfan80

Just imagine if they start winning some games that matter!

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Dolphins-bask-in-glow-of-2nd-preseason-win-2134120.php

Dolphins bask in glow of 2nd preseason win

Published 05:40 p.m., Saturday, August 20, 2011

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Optimism is in good supply at the Miami Dolphins practice facility.

Everyone was in good spirits Saturday, a day after the Dolphins defeated the Carolina Panthers, 20-10, to improve to 2-0 in the preseason.

Running back Reggie Bush dazzled both his teammates and the home fans in his debut since being acquired from New Orleans, gaining 81 yards on 10 carries and showing the speed and flair that have made him a highlight reel regular.

Quarterback Chad Henne was 15 for 24 and 194 yards, while the defense kept Panthers rookie quarterback Cam Newton under wraps, limiting him to 7-for-14 passing for 66 yards and 18 yards rushing.

Come on, give credit where it's due, it's not like they did it against the worst team in the NFL or anything.

at this point Henne is turning into Matt Lienart-he can complete any pass as long as it doesn't have to travel any further than 8 yards in the air

Fixed

With that new (England) OC they're gonna be playing NE pu$$yball this year Kleck-no pass may travel further than 9 yards in the air-we're gonna have to play those WRs tight and knock them off their patterns at the LOS like Rex had them do to the Pats in that playoff game-Henne will be happy feeting it all night

I'm one of the biggest Penny-haters out there and even I think that's too insulting to the guy. :-P

2 completely different QBs as far as arm strength Henne has him by 15 yards but as far as accuaracy it's Penny by 15%...BUT as far as ability to win a big game Henne isn't even on Chadwick James' level, in fact he will be benched by Thanksgiving-mark it down. Miami fans won't stand for much of his crap this year and the GM and HC are on thin ice...that stadium is ugly empty with those orange seats

Man, if you're several levels below Pennington on the "winning a big game" scale, you're really sunk.

I'm not even quite sure how that's possible, yet I still actually agree with it. I guess you qualify when you suck far too much during the "little games" to ever even play in a big game.

Man, if you're several levels below Pennington on the "winning a big game" scale, you're really sunk.

Playoffs on the line in 2009, last game of the year against Pittsburgh. He gets a pokey in the eye and sits on the sidelines in a baseball cap, apparently still able to see Pat White put in a coma across the field.

Archived