I Have No Idea What The 2011 Jets Will Be Like

SoFlaJets

We hardly got to see the whole starting team on the field at the same time all summer-wait, did we at all? The OL gave up more QB hits than I ever seen them in 40 +years of watching this team. I have no idea if Shonn Greene or John Conner can handle the rigors of a full season. I do not know what we have in our receiving corps. Will Sanchez be able to complete 60% of his passes in a Schottenheimer offense? I doubt it. I THINK we will have a great defense-but then again, who knows because the rest of the league is going to be throwing 65% of their passes to backs coming out or short 5-7 yard passes that out LBers can't seem to catch up to.

I have no idea if this is a great team or a 9-7 team

Good points. This team has overachieved results-wise over the past two seasons. Some real quality, but also more than a little bit of smoke & mirrors. I hope they can ramp up to the next level, but the Dallas game scares the hell out me. Could be the beginning of a trip back to earth.

I THINK we will have a great defense-but then again, who knows because the rest of the league is going to be throwing 65% of their passes to backs coming out or short 5-7 yard passes that out LBers can't seem to catch up to.

We've ALWAYS had slowish linebackers and gotten by. Why will this season be any different?

I feel good about this year's team, which is probably a bad omen.

I'm not worried about the running game. I expect it to take care of itself. We have a solid group of backs and 4/5's of a great OL returning from last year. And I think that last 1/5 is pretty good, too. But you have to throw in this league to be successful, and -despite a couple of ages- I think the Jets have upgraded their WR corps this year, and I expect Sanchez to to take another step forward. Maybe not a breakout year, but a 20+ TD, 85-ish passer rating year. That'll be enough on offense.

The defense is rock solid. I like the youth added to the front seven, in particular. The special teams will again be some of the best in the league.

Yeah, 6-10, somewhere around there. Lol!

Yea I'm not dooming and glooming it here, I just haven't seen the whole team play at all this year yet. To be honest my biggest fear is our offensive co-ordinator's game planning. It's so schizophrenic. One week we look like world beaters and the next we don't score any TDs-we can NOT afford to play a quarter of our games not scoring any TDs this year.

the O-line scares the crap out of me...and im sure it scares SANCHEZ too..

the starters are among the league's best. the depth is shaky but the whole league has that problem

this team is gonna be as good as Mark Sanchez plays. the defense will be top 5 maybe even #1 in the league, but if Mark doesn't get better it's not gonna matter

I see alot of threads about MTV, Maybin and Gilyard, these are minor parts of the roster, Mark Sanchez is the roster.

Archived