JET NATION SURVIVAL POOL

JoeC36

Awsome, it's nice knowing that I could still sign up, even after the Packers and Saints already played last night. Regardless, I wasn't touching that game (even though I took Green Bay over the Saints during my JN pickem league).

Thanks for creating this league, I've been anticipating a Survival pool myself. Just signed up and joined, hopefully I make it past week one of the season this time around. Last year I entered a survival league, took the Browns over the Bucs, and got eliminated during the 1st week. I had no idea the Bucs would play as good as they did last season, and I just figured the best week to use the Browns, would have been against a "not so good" Bucs team.

It looks as if I'm ready for some fantasy football as of right now. Joined the Eff Tom Brady JN fantasy football league, joined the JN Pickem league and just joined the JN survival pool. I'm going with the Browns again. If the Browns are winning a game this season, it's coming up against an awful Bengals team. I'll be surprised if the Bengals can go into Cleveland and walk away with a victory.

Ok, who had KC?

That's a funny one. I stayed away from that game, no one circles the wagon like the Buffalo Bills!

I actually took the Browns over the Bengals. Still a close game, but the Browns have the 4 point lead here in the 4th quarter. I just figured, there was never a better time to use the Browns... Than a home game against an aful Bengals team.

I would just like to announce that i will probably be out of the pool after this week. Only one man has kept me from winning survivor pools. Norv ******* Turner. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me on more time and I will ******* kill you Norv ******* Turner.

That's how I feel about these damn Browns.

Lost last year against the Bucs during week one, eliminated.

Took them week one against the Bengals; Eliminated during week one.

One slight difference. The Chargers are a good team. The Browns suck.

I agree. But at the same time, the Bucs had a horrible season back in 2009 heading into last season. I took the battle of two horrible teams with the Bucs and Browns, and went with the AFC team. The Bucs weren't so horrible last season though, they impressed. Same goes for this year, almost everyone had the Browns beating the Bengals. I've been burnt two years in a row by these Browns, but hey, I should have learned from my mistake last year.

• 3 weeks later...

And We are down to 2. All but myself and Stonehands picked the giants this past weekend.

I usually avoid the Giants, but I probably would have lost with somebody else. I was out on the Island and unbeknownst to me my Mom had cancelled the cable service. I couldn't do it on my phone for some reason and when I finally got online it was after one and it wouldn't let me pick a late game. Oh well. I feel much better about this than the curse of Norv Turner!

Damn, last year it took me like to week 12 to win it.

Too bad it's Stonehands and not you. It could have been battle for King of the Chat Room! Maybe Stonehands wants the title

last year JiF and i went like 6 weeks picking the same team as the final 2, till i picked the jets and they blew it

• 2 weeks later...

Archived