To all the haters...Sanchez 16th-ranked QB on FO

Jetsfan80

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, this has nothing to do with FO's ratings, which are probably the most accurate representation of QB performance out there because of the variables they take into consideration.

It's simply ridiculous to claim this kid will never get better. As was pointed out earlier in this thread, if people judged Drew Brees as harshly as some are judging Sanchez at the same point in his career, he'd likely be out of the NFL by now.

Drew Brees was judged the same (which really isn't that harshly) and the Chargers decided they needed to move in a new direction. That's why they drafted Rivers, it just happened Brees got good the year Rivers was selected.

• 2 weeks later...

Sanchez was the 35th ranked QB in 2009. He was the 21st ranked QB in 2010. He's 16th right now. IMPROVEMENT.

He is not ranked that high anymore. Football Outsiders knows everything. And it's sad that Sanchez has become so horrible after being mediocre only weeks ago. It's a good thing I'm now cautiously optimistic. Because rather than believe that Sanchez is now the 24th best QB--I'll instead believe that anyone who thinks these stat/ranking sites are of any value are sad and pathetic. Yayyyy Optimism!

He's 28th now... Better than Sam Bradford! Jay Cutler!

'Bout time everyone understands that he's good, not great. He has his moments of greatness... and his moments of awfulness. He will never be a star QB in this league. He is however, exactly what the Jets need for a QB. He can win us games when we need it, but he needs good protection and decent WR's and a good running game. If we can get the running game going and keep Taco from getting planted in the ground like a tulip, we can once again make some noise.

This is not new. Everyone continues to look the other way, when its obvious to anyone with a shred of objective observation. Sanchez doesnt know how to orchestrate the offense. Granted , he can make some good plays. We have 3 Superbowl recievers, a hof rb, a deadly recieving TE, and a tenacious defense. The way Sanchez uses our weopons is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Make all the excuses u like, he is inept at understanding the fundamentals of the offense. Santonio Holmes was right on!!!! Coach needs to BENCH him!! Right now , I wld love to see Brunell ( YES, BRUNELL!!! ) run the offense for a while so this kid can see how it should be operated. No one on this earth can sell me on the fact that Sanchez can do this. Hes been protected for two seasons, but NO MORE KID GLOVES!! During a season, there are times when your QB has to be able to carry the team. Im not saying that he hasnt shown this (at times), but by WATCHING an experienced veteran use our offense to maximize its talent, mybe he can learn something. IE. Steve Young, Aaron Rogers. I believe he has some skill, but im not sold that he s much better than he was as a rookie. Brunell knows how to run an offense. He may not be young, but honestly, Sanchez could make great strides in getting over the hump by watching him for a few weeks. Brunell has a ton of knowlege, and may even surprise with GREAT play. It surely cannot be worse than the pile of $@@T that Sanchez is showing us EVERY WEEK!! Go JETS...beat the stinking Patsies!!!

Archived