The QBs Class of '09

Mo Lew

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/25862/pat-yasinskas-qb-watch-4

I love how this article mentions our elite WR corp as a reason Sanchez has "lucked" into his success. Yeah I'd rather shift WRs in and out every year instead of having 3 years to work with Megatron.

I never really do this and to be honest I dont post much, but I'm fed up..

I absolutely hate how little credit Sanchez gets...to critics everything the Jets have accomplished these past 2 years are in spite of him. Which is friken ridiculous.

Here's a typical ESPN analyst conversation:

Clayton: I love me some Stafford and Freeman those guys are playing at an elite level right now...that Freeman kid really has nerves of steel.

Williamson: Yeah and Stafford man he can hit the moon with his rocket launcher.

Clayton: Yeah I wish he'd rocket launch some sh*t on my face.

Yasinskas: Yeah well Freeman's my man. Id be his buccaneer all day long.

Its like winning games dont mean anything. Personally I think at the end of the day Sanchez will have the best winning %, but to football experts that means nothing.

I also think we are going to run all over the Pats this week and that Mangold may decapitate someone.

Go Jets!

What is wrong about what they said? Stafford and Freeman both >>>> Sanchez.

Stafford and Freeman aren't ">>>>" compared to anyone, all 3 of them suck. Stafford is an injury waiting to happen, a strong armed version of China Doll Pennington. And sorry that I'm not overly impressed that he's been putting up numbers while heaving the ball up into triple coverage to the best WR in the league all season long, which isn't even an exaggeration. Freeman on the other hand has the benefit of being on The Buccs, who are a joke and get next to no media coverage, so he's measured on a curve and after racking up some stats against crappy opposition last year he was praised beyond belief despite that neither he nor his team did a thing against a single team that was worth a damn. And has gotten a complete pass from his crappy play so far this year because of that as well. If you rotated these QBs around I assure you whichever one was throwing to Johnson would have the best #s, the one in NY would be the most heavily criticized and the one playing in Tampa would be largely unknown and getting praise for every positive performance and a pass for every negative one. None of this is an excuse or defense for Sanchez, it's just more a point that none of these 3 have proven much of anything at this point in their short careers and are all a long way from being the guy who's certain to take their team anywhere.

How are they better..neither team has made the playoffs since they've been there? I know you havent been there in a while but its the place to be.

u put either of those 2 on the jets and they are easily in the playoffs. I hate how everyone forgets our great running attack and amazing defense that really lead us into the playoffs these past 2 years.

None of us have any idea on how Stafford or Freeman would perform during postseason play. Some quarterbacks just aren't made and built for playoff football, against opposing D's that's hungry for championships like never before. Sanchez is.

One thing is for sure in regards to Mark Sanchez, not only can he handle the stress of a NY media, but he's an outstanding quarterback during clutch situations and has performed lights out during do or die moments. He's proven that. What type of media pressure does Josh Freeman have down in Tampa, Florida? None. What type of pressure does he have to deal and live with... coming from his own fan base? None.

What has Mark Sanchez done during postseason football? He's performed lights out, with the pressure on. Not only has he thrown for 95/157, 1,155 yards, 60.5 completion %, 9 TD's/3 INT's, QB rating of 94.1 during the playoffs, but he's also gone 4-2 on the road, and has eliminated QB's and teams such as Palmer and the Bengals, Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts and last but not least... Brady and the Patriots. All on the road. Simply amazing.

The AFC championship game we lost as a team, on the road in Pittsburgh last year? Sanchez went up against an elite Steelers defense, and out performed a future HOF QB in Roethlisberger. Sanchezz went 20/33, 233 yards, 60.6 completion %, 2 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 102.2. Roethlisberger only went for 10/19, 133 yards, 52.6%, 0 TD's/2 INT's with a QB rating of 35.5. This kid is a special type of winner. You can not say that about Freeman or Stafford. They haven't been there. They have no idea what it takes to win come postseason play.

Anyone who ranks Stafford and Freeman ahead of Sanchez... Must not be looking at the big picture. For all we know, both Stafford and Freeman would fall FLAT ON THEIR FACE here in New York. The pressure of our media and fan base is 2nd to none. Tampa Bay and Detroit can't compare. Especially Tampa Bay.

u put either of those 2 on the jets and they are easily in the playoffs. I hate how everyone forgets our great running attack and amazing defense that really lead us into the playoffs these past 2 years.

I totally disagree with this. Football is a team game my man. The reason we ran the ball well was beacuse we had good oline and a QB that other teams respected. You cant just win by running every play with no threat from the QB. Thats why Pennington never beat an elite defense...they didnt respect him, stuck 8 in the box and beat us every time.

None of us have any idea on how Stafford or Freeman would perform during postseason play. Some quarterbacks just aren't made and built for playoff football, against opposing D's that's hungry for championships like never before. Sanchez is.

One thing is for sure in regards to Mark Sanchez, not only can he handle the stress of a NY media, but he's an outstanding quarterback during clutch situations and has performed lights out during do or die moments. He's proven that. What type of media pressure does Josh Freeman have down in Tampa, Florida? None. What type of pressure does he have to deal and live with... coming from his own fan base? None.

What has Mark Sanchez done during postseason football? He's performed lights out, with the pressure on. Not only has he thrown for 95/157, 1,155 yards, 60.5 completion %, 9 TD's/3 INT's, QB rating of 94.1 during the playoffs, but he's also gone 4-2 on the road, and has eliminated QB's and teams such as Palmer and the Bengals, Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts and last but not least... Brady and the Patriots. All on the road. Simply amazing.

The AFC championship game we lost as a team, on the road in Pittsburgh last year? Sanchez went up against an elite Steelers defense, and out performed a future HOF QB in Roethlisberger. Sanchezz went 20/33, 233 yards, 60.6 completion %, 2 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 102.2. Roethlisberger only went for 10/19, 133 yards, 52.6%, 0 TD's/2 INT's with a QB rating of 35.5. This kid is a special type of winner. You can not say that about Freeman or Stafford. They haven't been there. They have no idea what it takes to win come postseason play.

Anyone who ranks Stafford and Freeman ahead of Sanchez... Must not be looking at the big picture. For all we know, both Stafford and Freeman would fall FLAT ON THEIR FACE here in New York. The pressure of our media and fan base is 2nd to none. Tampa Bay and Detroit can't compare. Especially Tampa Bay.

At the end of the day is about wins and losses. I dont care how we win its if we win. Reading your post makes me think you agree. Smart man.

I totally disagree with this. Football is a team game my man. The reason we ran the ball well was beacuse we had good oline and a QB that other teams respected. You cant just win by running every play with no threat from the QB. Thats why Pennington never beat an elite defense...they didnt respect him, stuck 8 in the box and beat us every time.

If you watched the first four games you would know that the Jets don't have a QB that other teams respect. They have stacked the line and the Jets can't get around it. The line hasn't played well, but the Pennington comparison isn't looking so great right now. Sanchez has put up some piss poor numbers against elite and not so elite defenses. -18 or whatever it was against the Ravens this year, 9 last year. 0 against the Packers who weren't exactly elite. 3 against the Pats.

exactly.

this Sanchez is a winner crap is getting old.

He's played on a very talented team for the last 3 years now.

T. Dilfer won a SB, does that make him a good QB.

As far as the 09' draft QBs, we got the short straw.

Should've stayed put and got Freeman, but getting the good looking Cali kid to sell PSLs was more important.

Archived