Trader Mike

Lego My Lageman

Depending on what it would take to get Wayne for the rest of the year, I would look long and hard at that. I know he will be a free agent at the end of the year, but if he comes and loves Rex it isn't inconceivable that he would want to re-sign here at a market/slightly below market type deal. If we ended up doing this, which i doubt we will, I would just go ahead and cut Plaxico. Plax still has no chemistry with Sanchez, so dealing for a receiver with no chemistry is no downgrade. Plus, you know damn well that Plaxico isn't going to stand for sitting on the bench...If Wayne can be had for a 5th I would do it in a heartbeart, and try to save this passing game.

I think realistic trade target should be Eddie Royal from Denver, perfect as a slot receiver and he will come very cheap for a late round pick.

I highly doubt the Colts would move Mathis or Wayne, Forte isnt going anywhere as the Bears will quicker slap a franchise tag on him next season than trade him. I am not sure what Hillis can do , I say we give Powell a shot I think he can be effective if given a chance.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/18/peyton-hillis-asante-samuel-could-be-available/

The Forte thought came from ESPN this morning. He is looking for a new deal the Bear wont Budge on. I think its the last year of his deal....not sure though. They said they would consider the trade....not exactly on the block, but they would consider. MUST HAPPEN

We need a reliable second receiver, Reggie Wayne has been that for years. Mark's problem this whole season has been getting in sync with his receivers, mostly because they tend to run shady routes. With the exception of Holmes, who has been bumped off his route a lot also this year, there is no way for Mark to know exactly where the receiver is going to be on a given play. When you add that to the fact that the line has not been good enough for most of the year to allow Sanchez to re-read the coverage to find where his receivers are going, it has been a tough start for the kid. Reggie Wayne runs some of the best routes in football. He is consistent. If he can be had cheap, there is little doubt that Wayne's impact over the rest of the season will be of more value than a late round flier on a college kid...

The Bears have been reportedly getting calls about Forte, but it seems like they have no interest in dealing him, as they well shouldn't (that said, they really need to get that guy a new deal). Beyond that I'm not sure there's a whole lot of value out there in terms of guys who would be available for trades at this point in the season. Granted the Jets did it with the Braylon deal a few years back, but he was also a young player with a ton of upside who had a real possibility to stick with the team long term. Granted that didn't happen, but you can't tell me it wouldn't have had Holmes not been available for a 5th rounder last year.

We need a reliable second receiver, Reggie Wayne has been that for years. Mark's problem this whole season has been getting in sync with his receivers, mostly because they tend to run shady routes. With the exception of Holmes, who has been bumped off his route a lot also this year, there is no way for Mark to know exactly where the receiver is going to be on a given play. When you add that to the fact that the line has not been good enough for most of the year to allow Sanchez to re-read the coverage to find where his receivers are going, it has been a tough start for the kid. Reggie Wayne runs some of the best routes in football. He is consistent. If he can be had cheap, there is little doubt that Wayne's impact over the rest of the season will be of more value than a late round flier on a college kid...

Do we get Wayne and cut Plax? He looked like he was thinking about what club to go to later.

Bears would be beyond stupid to trade away Forte. Like someone else said, why trade him when they can slap the franchise tag on him next year anyways?

I don't think they trade him either, but RB's with a franchise salary are tough to deal with against the cap...I also question whether Forte would even be that great here...Forte's best value is his speed in the open field, which we do not provide as much of since we do not have an offense predicated on the screen game like they have in Chicago...We would have to drop a 2nd on Forte probably, and then re-sign him in the offseason. No thanks.

They wont cut Plax as he has 3mil guaranteed....so I dont see a trade for a WR.

If we were able to secure a better player there then why not, it isn't as though we are up against the cap right now anyway? Last I checked we still were $5+ mil under the cap...I would cut Plaxico in this instance because he has a history of moping and I wouldn't want him to be a distraction from the bench.

I don't think they trade him either, but RB's with a franchise salary are tough to deal with against the cap...I also question whether Forte would even be that great here...Forte's best value is his speed in the open field, which we do not provide as much of since we do not have an offense predicated on the screen game like they have in Chicago...We would have to drop a 2nd on Forte probably, and then re-sign him in the offseason. No thanks.

Forte could easily fill Tomlinson's role if not do a better job than Tomlinson. I think you forget the bear's oline is significantly worse than ours. No matter how bad our oline has been, the bears is worse. Forte would do better behind this oline which is amazing considering how well he's doing in Chicago this year.

Cutting Plax and admitting it was a mistake wouldnt be a bad thing. Even if they don't sign someone else.

I'm not completely giving up on Plaxico just yet, but if we were able to bring in a better #2 WR then I would do that because I don't think he would handle the situation well...Cutting Plax without adding another WR would just be stupid though. We are already entrusting a lot into Jeremy Kerley, making him #2 and starting whoever in the slot would be a disaster.

Forte could easily fill Tomlinson's role if not do a better job than Tomlinson. I think you forget the bear's oline is significantly worse than ours. No matter how bad our oline has been, the bears is worse. Forte would do better behind this oline which is amazing considering how well he's doing in Chicago this year.

My point is that I do not love Forte as much running straight out of an I-Formation, which is what we do best, as other RBs. He does better out in space, whereas we like to grind it out with out O-Line. That along with the high compensation in a trade, the expensive contract extension forthcoming, I would look elsewhere...

My point is that I do not love Forte as much running straight out of an I-Formation, which is what we do best, as other RBs. He does better out in space, whereas we like to grind it out with out O-Line. That along with the high compensation in a trade, the expensive contract extension forthcoming, I would look elsewhere...

How successful has that i-formation been for us this year?

I hear we are negotiating with Green Bay... Clay Matthews for Pace and a 7th...

And we're going to get Polamolu for Eric Smith and a conditional.

If only we could get a real safety here...With Revis playing out of this world, having a legit safety would do wonders for this defense. We would be able to actually cover some TEs, as well as have another guy in the box to stop the run! I feel we haven't fully capitalized on Revis because of this...

Archived