Rex Ryan to play Pats fan in Adam Sandler movie!

JetsFanInDenver

Ryan plays a Boston lawyer in “I Hate You, Dad,” which was filmed in Massachusetts last summer.

This is all I cared about...has no bearing on this year. It probably will be pretty funny. Rex is a naturally funny guy, so I'm sure he'll have no problem pulling off the jokes in this one.

Billy Madison

Happy Gilmore

Waterboy

Big Daddy

Were all funny, don't care what you say.

Agreed, Zohan also had some chuckles (mostly because of Turturro), too. But he single-handedly ruined "Funny People," made the unconscionable "Reign Over Me," and is set to star in a movie that they can't even cut a decent preview from in "Jack and Jill." Not to mention writing some of the worst scripts in the last twenty years for "Grown-ups" and "Bucky Larson." Dude has lost it.

Agreed, Zohan also had some chuckles (mostly because of Turturro), too. But he single-handedly ruined "Funny People," made the unconscionable "Reign Over Me," and is set to star in a movie that they can't even cut a decent preview from in "Jack and Jill." Not to mention writing some of the worst scripts in the last twenty years for "Grown-ups" and "Bucky Larson." Dude has lost it.

The Razzie Awards committee announced that Sandler would be eligible for Worst Actor and Worst Actress for Jack and Jill. Just FYI.

Grandma's Boy remains pretty solid. But he also wasn't in it, which is probably indicative of something.

Surprised, but you guys have taken this better than i did. I hope the bright and sunny sentiment remains the same say after a few losses.

I still do not see why a NFL coach has to :

A. Act while still coaching. I am sure he gets paid enough as a HC.

B. Focus his attention some where else even during a lockout or offseason. Every hour he spends doing something else is time he could have spent preparing, scouting, studying film.

C. Of all the things on this planet act as another teams fan!

Surprised, but you guys have taken this better than i did. I hope the bright and sunny sentiment remains the same say after a few losses.

B. Focus his attention some where else even during a lockout or offseason. Every hour he spends doing something else is time he could have spent preparing, scouting, studying film.

Rex Ryan is an attention whore. Is it not obvious by now?

CAN'T WAIT! This should be funny b/c you know there are going to be some hidden potshots in this parody.

I'm just glad we're relevant again. Hard Knocks, MNF, Sunday Night Games, NFL Network, CSI: NY, playoffs, AFC Champ games...what's next? The SuperBowl???

Are you serious with this crap? So now because Rex is head coach of the Jets, he should not be allowed to do anything in his life whatsoever that is not directly related to his coaching of the Jets. I think anyone having an issue with him playing a Pats fan in a comedy is kind of childish, but having an issue with him doing it at all is plain idiotic. The fact that you actually tried to act as if this will in any way have anything to do with the performance of this team is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Then again, I suppose it's fair for you to criticize, since I'm sure there's nothing you do in your life that isn't 100% committed to your job, right? After all, that would be completely unacceptable to do anything otherwise. You're just lucky that posting on JN is such an important part of your career.

Are you serious with this crap? So now because Rex is head coach of the Jets, he should not be allowed to do anything in his life whatsoever that is not directly related to his coaching of the Jets. I think anyone having an issue with him playing a Pats fan in a comedy is kind of childish, but having an issue with him doing it at all is plain idiotic. The fact that you actually tried to act as if this will in any way have anything to do with the performance of this team is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Then again, I suppose it's fair for you to criticize, since I'm sure there's nothing you do in your life that isn't 100% committed to your job, right? After all, that would be completely unacceptable to do anything otherwise. You're just lucky that posting on JN is such an important part of your career.

So in a way you are admitting you are not 100% committed to your career. Okey.

All you have done is line up a bunch of personal attacks. There is no substance at all. Let me know when you have a valid argument!

All you have done is line up a bunch of personal attacks. There is no substance at all. Let me know when you have a valid argument!

You win, you can do what you want. Just ask Penn State.

Unless you're job is being a JetsFanInDenver, neither are you. Is it part of your job to post here? Do you have a day or two off every week?

We're talking about a case of diminishing returns. There's only so much he would be able to get out of 52 weeks that he couldn't out of, say, 45 or 46.

Plus consider that his job for nearly half of the year (20+ weeks) demands practically 6 and a half days out of 7 per week. I suspect as an NFL coach you barely get enough time to sleep during the football season, let alone engage in any outside activities to help you recharge your batteries.

No, I'm not. When I leave the office I do an endless list of things that contribute absolutely nothing to my work career. Just as every other person in the world does, including you. Rex has every right to do that very same thing.

The fact is that the vast majority of the working world does their jobs in order to financially support their lives and all of those other things. This idea that Rex shouldn't dare be allowed to take a small acting part in a film that takes up a couple of days time in the offseason (during a lockout no less) is basically you saying that Rex has no right to spend a single moment of his life on anything but the Jets. Did you hear those crazy rumors the other day that during the bye he spent some time with his wife and kids? Doesn't he know that doesn't help the team? Somebody better put this guy in his place and let him know what's what.

Unless you're job is being a JetsFanInDenver, neither are you. Is it part of your job to post here? Do you have a day or two off every week?

We're talking about a case of diminishing returns. There's only so much he would be able to get out of 52 weeks that he couldn't out of, say, 45 or 46.

Plus consider that his job for nearly half of the year (20+ weeks) demands practically 6 and a half days out of 7 per week. I suspect as an NFL coach you barely get enough time to sleep during the football season, let alone engage in any outside activities to help you recharge your batteries.

Recreation is different than extra work!

No, I'm not. When I leave the office I do an endless list of things that contribute absolutely nothing to my work career. Just as every other person in the world does, including you. Rex has every right to do that very same thing.

The fact is that the vast majority of the working world does their jobs in order to financially support their lives and all of those other things. This idea that Rex shouldn't dare be allowed to take a small acting part in a film that takes up a couple of days time in the offseason (during a lockout no less) is basically you saying that Rex has no right to spend a single moment of his life on anything but the Jets. Did you hear those crazy rumors the other day that during the bye he spent some time with his wife and kids? Doesn't he know that doesn't help the team? Somebody better put this guy in his place and let him know what's what.

Spending time with wife and kids is same as doing extra work ?

Archived