For Jets To Win, Pats Have To Lose 3 In A Row

kelticwizard

Like I said, they were in coverage a lot. Extra DB's almost the entire game. Its was the same game plan we used in the playoffs. I think not having Thomas in there to play both run and pass hurt. He'd be used in those coverage packages because he does both well.

In regards to not having them figured out...maybe. But I never called them one-dimensional nor did I say they've been figured out. I just dont think they are very good and they've been on a steady decline since week 1. No game changers, no big play threat, nobody that really scares you outside Brady.

Rex showed the league how to stop the Pats. Giants and Steelers are both shown it to be possible too. Giant's looked like they spent most of the time dropping extra guys in coverage and taking away the Pats short passing game. Pats have no legit receivers to stretch the field. The wheels are coming off for them.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine. Substitute in "embarassed" instead, which is the only way you could describe a performance in which they gave up a banner effort (136 yards, 5 ypc, 2 TD's) to a scrub like Benjarvus Green-Ellis while allowing Brady to complete 72.7% of his passes for 9.73 Y/A.

So are your consistently pessimistic posts sar-like schtick? Doesn't matter if they are, just want to know what I'm reading. FTR I enjoy the posts... just wish you'd be more happy.

What's going on...

GJ&H posts here from time to time now. Maybe he'll share some Scoops with us this offseason.

Remember how people used to complain about how the PatsFans.com mods would ban you for posting something negative about their team? Well, JI has turned into that same kind of place. I criticized the mods for it. Nothing malicious, just made a mention of how the site has gone downhill. 32Green (now a mod, LOL) sends me a PM about why he's erasing threads. I told him to "keep up the bad work," and he banned me. This was in a private message! No personal attack made, no maliciousness whatsoever, and got banned. The place is a joke.

Whatever though. It's good to see some old friends on here.

So are your consistently pessimistic posts sar-like schtick? Doesn't matter if they are, just want to know what I'm reading. FTR I enjoy the posts... just wish you'd be more happy.

He called me a homer today.

I dont think he likes me anymore because I'm trying to stay positive these days. Him, EY, RJF and Aten. We used all be friends and now they hate me because I like the Jets.

In regards to not having them figured out...maybe. But I never called them one-dimensional nor did I say they've been figured out. I just dont think they are very good and they've been on a steady decline since week 1. No game changers, no big play threat, nobody that really scares you outside Brady.

No, but you Jacksonville cohort did and that was what started this endless nonsense of posting. Blame him.

I dont think he likes me anymore because I'm trying to stay positive these days. Him, EY, RJF and Aten. We used all be friends and now they hate me because I like the Jets.

Old habits die hard. The Jets have sucked for so long that it's in our nature to expect something bad to happen.

We're not used to rooting for a good team.

whatever homer... don't talk to me - I hate you.

No, but you Jacksonville cohort did and that was what started this endless nonsense of posting. Blame him.

I blame you for actually listening to him. Figured you'd have learned to block him out at this point. Especially when its Pats related.

Attrition and arrogance and blah blah blah.

Lack of eternal optimism != a "SAR-like" schtick (which I take offense to, especially since my car cost more than his)

Reactionary nonsense like "the Pats are one-dimensional and have been figured out" is what irks me... there is a middle ground between them no longer being the unstoppable 2007 Pats offense and them having regressed to the Hugh Millen-era Pats as some seem to think.

Old habits die hard. The Jets have sucked for so long that it's in our nature to expect something bad to happen.

We're not used to rooting for a good team.

Definitely part of it. Trust me, I've always been a doom and gloom fan. I'm the same guy the predicted a loss in every game last year and started threads about how the Jets drafted the wrong QB.

Rex changed the culture and I changed with him.

whatever homer... don't talk to me - I hate you.

Gawd I wish I could lynch you.

Definitely part of it. Trust me, I've always been a doom and gloom fan. I'm the same guy the predicted a loss in every game last year and started threads about how the Jets drafted the wrong QB.

Rex changed the culture and I changed with him.

Rex has been the best thing to happen to this team in decades. I love what he's done since he got here.

But in the back of my mind I always still expect things to fall apart somehow.

That said I'm nowhere near as bad as some other people. A coworker of mine is a big Jets fan. He comes by to B.S. about them after every game. And win or lose, he always says that Sanchez is going to get hurt next week. It's really irritating.

Rex has been the best thing to happen to this team in decades. I love what he's done since he got here.

But in the back of my mind I always still expect things to fall apart somehow.

That said I'm nowhere near as bad as some other people. A coworker of mine is a big Jets fan.He comes by to B.S. about them after every game. And win or lose, he always says that Sanchez is going to get hurt next week. It's really irritating.

Ha! Too funny. Thats one thing I dont worry about with that kid. He's a tough little ****er. I've actually grown some respect for him in that regard, especially the way he was getting hit at the beginning of the season.

Since Rex has taken over, I dont have those feelings anymore. In fact, I always feel like we've got a shot with him and to a lesser extent, Mark. They just know how to win together.

Reactionary nonsense like "the Pats are one-dimensional and have been figured out" is what irks me... there is a middle ground between them no longer being the unstoppable 2007 Pats offense and them having regressed to the Hugh Millen-era Pats as some seem to think.

Normally I'd agree, but the homer attached a fancy chart clearly displaying a Pats offense on the decline. That type of scientific proof can't be disputed.

Me? I just think Revis will hold Welker down to pedestrian #'s and Rex won't allow a jag RB to dismantle his D again.

I've predicted the entire season perfectly and I'm predicting a win over the Pats this week.

I'm on fire right now. And everyone is trying to get all up in my spot light. Keep hating. This homer knows his Football. It hurts, I know.

Thread title, Jets vs Raiders Prediction

27-10

Jets

Our linebackers and safeties can't cover one good TE, let alone two. As a result, I cannot share your irrational overconfidence.

So it's "irrational overrconfidence" for Jif to truly believe we'll be 1st place of the AFC East come next Monday? Nice to know, because the last time I checked, the Jets are 4-1 against the Patriots at home dating back to 2006. If you can't read between the lines, the Patriots are ONE and FOUR against the Jets on the road dating back to 2006. We've also won 3 consecutive home games against the Patriots.

With the ways the Jets are playing, especially on defense.... Combined with the ways the Patriots are struggling... Only a negative critic would call someone out as being "irrational or "over-confident" for feeling we have the Patriots DEAD TO RIGHTS during our rematch, at home.

Jets: 34

Pats: 17

So it's "irrational overrconfidence" for Jif to truly believe we'll be 1st place of the AFC East come next Monday? Nice to know, because the last time I checked, the Jets are 4-1 against the Patriots at home dating back to 2006. If you can't read between the lines, the Patriots are ONE and FOUR against the Jets on the road dating back to 2006. We've also won 3 consecutive home games against the Patriots. With the ways the Jets are playing, especially on defense.... Combined with the ways the Patriots are struggling... Only a negative critic would call someone out as being "irrational or "over-confident" for feeling we have the Patriots DEAD TO RIGHTS during our rematch, at home. Jets: 34 Pats: 17

Now that someone as level-headed as you has chimed in, perhaps I will re-evaluate my position. Thanks.

sh*t - i knew you'd look this up. nerd.

1 game, man. 1 game.

I've been on fire since.

lmfao

If wasn't tough really, I simply looked up the one game that didn't go they way the vast majority of Jets fans thought it would..

Archived