So basically it goes like this...when the Jets lose blame everything on Sanchez?

Matt39

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much. He's never turning into Brees, Rodgers or Brady...but pretty much every other team in the league has to deal with that too.

Of those three names only Brady stood out by his third year in the league, IIRC. Brees was largely considered a bust...cause you know...QBs easy.

Of those three names only Brady stood out by his third year in the league, IIRC. Brees was largely considered a bust...cause you know...QBs easy.

I don't think he'll ever be Rodgers.. but reaching brady/brees level seems possible, although obviously unlikely..

Two hardest--and most important--jobs in pro team sports--goalie & QB. No 2 positions mean more to a team's success.

Yeah, Brees's first good year was the year the Chargers drafted Rivers. Rivers was going to be the D1 starter but his long holdout led to Brees getting another shot. We know the rest.

Like I said, I have no clue what Sanchez will be. I'd like to see how he performs next year after another full offseason and some consistency in the receiving corps.

I don't think he'll ever be Rodgers.. but reaching brady/brees level seems possible, although obviously unlikely..

Rodgers can suck a d. I'm sick of hearing how awesome that guy is....Green Bay sucks...it has to be a football town because option #2 is #^\¥*!< cheese. I don't think Rodgers is out of the realm of possibility either...at Sanchezs age he was still picking his a$$ on the sidelines.

I actually think hell end up something like Brees or Rodgers if he becomes any good at all, which he should unless disaster strikes.

Two hardest--and most important--jobs in pro team sports--goalie & QB. No 2 positions mean more to a team's success.

Yeah, Brees's first good year was the year the Chargers drafted Rivers. Rivers was going to be the D1 starter but his long holdout led to Brees getting another shot. We know the rest.

Like I said, I have no clue what Sanchez will be. I'd like to see how he performs next year after another full offseason and some consistency in the receiving corps.

*cough*new OC*cough*

*cough*new OC*cough*

Yeah thAtll fix it.

Do you have any names/ideas? I'm not against a new OC if someone respectable is brought in...by that I mean a Cam Cameron/Al Saunders sage type...but I've been checking out names and they suck...hell most teams have mostly unknown coordinators let alone assistants....

Yeah thAtll fix it.

Do you have any names/ideas? I'm not against a new OC if someone respectable is brought in...by that I mean a Cam Cameron/Al Saunders sage type...but I've been checking out names and they suck...hell most teams have mostly unknown coordinators let alone assistants....

Moore, Norv, Kubiak if he gets canned for any reason.

Culpability:

Greene -- 60%

Sanchez -- 35%

Schitty -- 5%

I'm not a blame Schitty for everything guy, and I know you guys have challenged me on this, but I simply don't like putting players in positions they're not good at. We know Greene's strengths and weaknesses. Don't put him in a position to exploit his weakness.

You can't put Greene in there only on running plays. His playcalls are obvious enough as it is.

Yeah thAtll fix it.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I just had a cough.

Seriously though, even if I didn't have an issue with Schotty to begin with, I think we've hit that time where a change is just needed. What's going on now clearly isn't working, and while there are plenty of reasons for that, it's time to make some serious changes to this offense because of it. The guy's been here 6 years and his contract is up at the end of the year and frankly, there's little reason to think he's particularly deserving of a new contract, or that he's accomplished anything to any extent that many other coaches wouldn't be able to at the very least duplicate that level of performance, with the potential to exceed it. With a contract up, an offense that's shown no signs of improvement and a QB who's starting to wear out his welcome, it's as good of time as any to make a change and like it or not, those kind of changes have many times helped ignite a spark in teams. Even if you're a Schotty fan, I'm not really sure I can see any realistic argument for why he should be given a new contract, unless you're so afraid of change that you'd rather stick with the status quo and hope that after another year, something suddenly drastically changes. Of course, that's the kind of logic that kept Chad Pennington as the Jets QB for as many years as he was, and we all saw how that worked out.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I just had a cough.

Seriously though, even if I didn't have an issue with Schotty to begin with, I think we've hit that time where a change is just needed. What's going on now clearly isn't working, and while there are plenty of reasons for that, it's time to make some serious changes to this offense because of it. The guy's been here 6 years and his contract is up at the end of the year and frankly, there's little reason to think he's particularly deserving of a new contract, or that he's accomplished anything to any extent that many other coaches wouldn't be able to at the very least duplicate that level of performance, with the potential to exceed it. With a contract up, an offense that's shown no signs of improvement and a QB who's starting to wear out his welcome, it's as good of time as any to make a change and like it or not, those kind of changes have many times helped ignite a spark in teams. Even if you're a Schotty fan, I'm not really sure I can see any realistic argument for why he should be given a new contract, unless you're so afraid of change that you'd rather stick with the status quo and hope that after another year, something suddenly drastically changes. Of course, that's the kind of logic that kept Chad Pennington as the Jets QB for as many years as he was, and we all saw how that worked out.

Yes, I see the same circumstance of events that could signify Schottenheimer leaving the OC position this season, and I see the advantages that can bring. That said, the offensive coordinator market is as bare as it gets. Unless there's a guy who's done the job before at a high level, I'm not really into the idea of going to some nobody for the sake of change. Most of those guys who've done it at a high level are HC'ing somewhere or another...Plus, I'm not a believer in flipping coordinators on a young QB...maybe if Sanchez was older and hopefully less of a screwup at the position.

I actually blame schotty way more than sanchez

-Wilkerson apparently isn't as strong as Tom Brady. -Kyle Wilson has yet another ball bounce off of his face -Shonn Greene runs like he has a bag over his head and has a ball bounce directly off of his face as well that effectively ended any chances we had on a nice drive. -Brick turns Andre Carter into Deacon Jones - Dustin Keller is comically bad -Joe Mcknight has a punt sail directly between his arms -Strickland has said punt in his arms and decides to somersault over the ball instead of securing it. I mean, you cant turn the ball over like this and expect to beat a good football team. But our defense is awesome. They really get us stops when we need them.

Moore isn't taking a coordinator job.

Norv might and Kubiak might, but both are current HCs who are long shots for the job right now. I'd take either one, particularly Kubiak who I really am a fan of.

I only mentioned Moore because, technically, he's on the Jets payroll.

My number 1 choice would be Kubiak, then Norv above anyone else. Both are excellent OCs.

Unless Smith really is this stubborn about having a puppet I don't see how Norv keeps his job.

EXACTLY, that's why he's on my list. Norv would be out of a job and the Jets would be smart to sign him.

I listed Kubiak because with Shaub down the Texans situation could turn ugly and he could be out.

Rodgers can suck a d. I'm sick of hearing how awesome that guy is....Green Bay sucks...it has to be a football town because option #2 is #^\¥*!< cheese. I don't think Rodgers is out of the realm of possibility either...at Sanchezs age he was still picking his a$$ on the sidelines.

I actually think hell end up something like Brees or Rodgers if he becomes any good at all, which he should unless disaster strikes.

You should try watching him then, he's that good

You should try watching him then, he's that good

Yeah I know. It just bothers me that Green Bay goes back to back with great QBs. Theres just something irritating about that town...****in cheese and football...Yuch.

Also it has to be said again that in his third season he was still scratching his balls on the bench.

Yeah I know. It just bothers me that Green Bay goes back to back like that.

Also it has to be said again that in his third season he was still scratching his balls on the bench.

It would be typical Jets that they dump Sanchez and trade for Peyton, Peyton is a shell of himself and Sanchez becomes a star for another team.

Sucks we lost a lot of good posts here.

Reviewing the Jets moves & their approach, it looks like Rex and Tanny banked on Sanchez being elite by year 3. They started him early to get experience, talked about how one day he'll be their best player, personnel moves on certain units of strength (OLine) and paying big money to Holmes).

Jets were looking to go from 60-40 run to more 50/50. After last postseason, they thought Sanchez was ready to make the leap. You can see it in how they called the games early on offense.

The problem is that Sanchez hasn't made that leap. Yes, the defense and running game are weaker, but it's harder to maintain such units over a 3 yr period. That's why you need the QB to carry more of the load. The better Sanchez is, the more the team can handle a degression in the other units.

The problem is that Sanchez' improvement has been incremental and, thus, the other units are being exposed.

Sucks we lost a lot of good posts here.

Reviewing the Jets moves & their approach, it looks like Rex and Tanny banked on Sanchez being elite by year 3. They started him early to get experience, talked about how one day he'll be their best player, personnel moves on certain units of strength (OLine) and paying big money to Holmes).

Jets were looking to go from 60-40 run to more 50/50. After last postseason, they thought Sanchez was ready to make the leap. You can see it in how they called the games early on offense.

The problem is that Sanchez hasn't made that leap. Yes, the defense and running game are weaker, but it's harder to maintain such units over a 3 yr period. That's why you need the QB to carry more of the load. The better Sanchez is, the more the team can handle a degression in the other units.

The problem is that Sanchez' improvement has been incremental and, thus, the other units are being exposed.

Well said....and to be brutally honest and objective...where was the defense in the Raiders game? Where was it in the two Pats games? Sanchez with Shotty's play calling has been put in a no win situation for a kid that started only 16 college games and is in his 3rd year as an NFL QB who happens to be in the same division as Brady. I still believe the kid has much more potential, but his confidence is down...Hopefully Sanchez can take one more step in the right direction tonight and the defense shows up and if it does...6-4

Archived