Win or loss...Schotty must be fired after tonight

Midget Love 20

What? The Jets are LUCKY to still have such a hot commodity on their team.

NY Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer 'really happy,' hopes to be with team for long time

Published: Wednesday, January 06, 2010, 8:43 PM Updated: Thursday, January 07, 2010, 10:55 AM

schott06jpg-0c2c038cf99fc8a3_large.jpg

On Monday, head coach Rex Ryan told the media he was trying to “enjoy” offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer during the Jets’ trip to the postseason, because he is “a little afraid” the team will soon lose him to a head-coaching position elsewhere.

Maybe Ryan doesn’t have to worry after all.

“The last couple years, I’ve had some opportunities, and was very interested,” said Schottenheimer, who has been named as a possible candidate for the Bills vacancy. “And for the first time in a real long time, I’m really happy. I love it here; I love working for coach Ryan. I hope I’m here for a long time.”

That’s not to say Schottenheimer, who has in the past interviewed for the Ravens, Dolphins and Jets jobs, would decline to talk with other organizations if the opportunity arose. He said he would “listen” if a team requested to talk with him — which, with the Jets in the wild-card game, has not happened with Buffalo, nor did Schottenheimer say he had any knowledge of their interest beyond the reported rumors.

but, the 36-year-old coach also said he “probably” could envision turning down a head-coaching offer, though he acknowledged he hasn’t fully thought about it yet. What changed from previous years, when he worked under former Jets coach Eric Mangini?

Schottenheimer mentioned the team’s unlikely run to the playoffs and the players he has built relationships with, including rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez. But it was clear the biggest difference for him is Ryan, whom Schottenheimer said is easy to work for and builds up everyone around him.

“It’s all about timing,” Schottenheimer said. “You want to be in the right spot and I feel like, right now, I’m in a great spot ... I made the decision to come back last year not knowing what this year would hold working for Rex. It hasn’t been perfect, but it’s been pretty (darn) close.”

What? The Jets are LUCKY to still have such a hot commodity on their team.

NY Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer 'really happy,' hopes to be with team for long time

Published: Wednesday, January 06, 2010, 8:43 PM Updated: Thursday, January 07, 2010, 10:55 AM

schott06jpg-0c2c038cf99fc8a3_large.jpg

On Monday, head coach Rex Ryan told the media he was trying to “enjoy” offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer during the Jets’ trip to the postseason, because he is “a little afraid” the team will soon lose him to a head-coaching position elsewhere.

Maybe Ryan doesn’t have to worry after all.

“The last couple years, I’ve had some opportunities, and was very interested,” said Schottenheimer, who has been named as a possible candidate for the Bills vacancy. “And for the first time in a real long time, I’m really happy. I love it here; I love working for coach Ryan. I hope I’m here for a long time.”

That’s not to say Schottenheimer, who has in the past interviewed for the Ravens, Dolphins and Jets jobs, would decline to talk with other organizations if the opportunity arose. He said he would “listen” if a team requested to talk with him — which, with the Jets in the wild-card game, has not happened with Buffalo, nor did Schottenheimer say he had any knowledge of their interest beyond the reported rumors.

but, the 36-year-old coach also said he “probably” could envision turning down a head-coaching offer, though he acknowledged he hasn’t fully thought about it yet. What changed from previous years, when he worked under former Jets coach Eric Mangini?

Schottenheimer mentioned the team’s unlikely run to the playoffs and the players he has built relationships with, including rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez. But it was clear the biggest difference for him is Ryan, whom Schottenheimer said is easy to work for and builds up everyone around him.

“It’s all about timing,” Schottenheimer said. “You want to be in the right spot and I feel like, right now, I’m in a great spot ... I made the decision to come back last year not knowing what this year would hold working for Rex. It hasn’t been perfect, but it’s been pretty (darn) close.”

I will murder someone.

I'm old. I have been watching the NFL since before the AFL/NFL merger that's a lot of football games, a lot of football teams but in all of those years I have never seen what I have been seeing for the last 3 years with the Jets.

The Jets are ALLOWING Brian Schottenheimer to ruin a young QB. I have seen cases where bad teams and bad offensive lines have wrecked high draft picks at that position, David Carr being the one example that immediately comes to mind. Their offensive line turned Carr into a jumpy toe-tapping mess. What we're seeing with Mark Sanchez is a damn shame. Schottenheimer's system and total control over the Jets offense has been hurting no KILLING this team. Think about last season and all of those miracle comebacks. Sanchez was in the hurry-up, what the hell happened to the hurry-up offense in 2011? I can think of maybe 3 or 4 times that we've employed it...this is Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum's fault-they have NO GUTS and are afraid to do what everybody in the league and everybody that watches football and knows what they are seeing knows SHOULD have already been done.

At the very least Brian Schottenheimer's play calling duties should have already been stripped and he should be fired the minute the season ends after the Miami game. We all know that that will be the last game we play this season and I can see us losing that game too-who knows it may end up being a blessing in disguise and I'd trade a humiliating loss to our most hated rival if it prompts Woody Johnson to finally fire the incompetent OC.

Damn I'm starting to turn into DWC with these long posts-sorry...

Archived