Peyton Manning

Favorite_Toon

Chris Mortenson just reported on ESPN Radio that Manning/Luck won't coexist.

He listed the destinations in this order:

1) Washington

2) Miami

3) Jets, with the caveat that Sanchez has elevated his game at the end of seasons so the Jets will decide what they feel about him based on that.

Are the Sanchez faithful so enamored with Mark's progress and potential that the thought of Peyton landing in Miami doesn;t scare the living sh*t out of them? Cause this fat guy just pooped a little reading that.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe, as Mortenson pointed out Manning would never accept that situation (Manning/Luck). As for the destinations he selected....There is NO way Manning agrees to go to Washington and Miami (there are various reasons for that).

I strongly believe Manning see's an opportunity with the Jets, and here are the reasons:

1. The biggest reason is a move to the Jets would be a Media Hyper-Blitz till the season starts next year.

2. He would join his brother in New York.

3. The Jets have the potential to go to the Super Bowl, something Manning does not see with Washington Nor Miami.

4. The Jets have Tom Moore now.

5. Manning's desire to show the NFL world that he is the best, And in New York, he will acheive that.

6. Manning leading the Jets to a Super Bowl, and Winning it. That would be priceless.

You have officially become Crushers favorite poster. I am in the process of putting the entire board on ignore and will only read your post.

So the Jets are going to Sign Peyton Manning and then let the immobile Qb get destroyed behind our O-Line since we wont be able to pay anyone else. Yeah thats a good plan. No deep threat WR no Running game no Pass protection but bring in Peyton at age 36 .....Please open your eyes.

So the Jets are going to Sign Peyton Manning and then let the immobile Qb get destroyed behind our O-Line since we wont be able to pay anyone else. Yeah thats a good plan. No deep threat WR no Running game no Pass protection but bring in Peyton at age 36 .....Please open your eyes.

Oh I get it. Our O line can;t improve in a year but Mar Sanchez will. Cool story bro.

You have officially become Crushers favorite poster. I am in the process of putting the entire board on ignore and will only read your post.

Thanks big guy.....I can just imagine, what it would be like when they roll out manning for the Press conference that day. It would be absolutely crazy.

Oh I get it. Our O line can;t improve in a year but Mar Sanchez will. Cool story bro.

Are you serious Crush ? if we pay Peyton the money he will demand how will we fill the obvious holes we have ? Sanchez if anything has very good footwork and elusiveness in the pocket does not matter if you think he has bad awareness the fact is he can move, Peyton can not and he will get killed. You guys are dilusional

If Manning is the QB on our Jets....you forget the fact that on almost every play he will be in Shot-gun...Teams will be trying to pass defense all day on us...which means our running game becomes that much more effective.

And this in turn means our defense won't have to be out on the field as much, which makes our defense much fresher and stronger....a Manning Lead Jets...would mean the END of THE PATS Reign in the AFC East. Home Playoffs....And I would bet (and so would Vegas) that the Jets become instant SB favorites.

True he is 36....but that is irrelevant considering if he is healthy (which he most probably is/will be)...the RISK-REWARD for the Jets and for Manning is very very great.

I hope the Jets FO-And Owner Understands these facts...Because Manning Leading the Jets = SB Bound Over Night.....Something tells me Manning knows it, Manning's Dad knows it...The Jets Know it and That is WHY Tom Moore has been elevated somewhat.....I Can't Wait.

Are you serious Crush ? if we pay Peyton the money he will demand how will we fill the obvious holes we have ? Sanchez if anything has very good footwork and elusiveness in the pocket does not matter if you think he has bad awareness the fact is he can move, Peyton can not and he will get killed. You guys are dilusional

Peyton's release alone makes our O line better. Between advertising and salary their is plenty of money in NY Peyton will have plenty.

In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, oh

There's nothing Peyton can't do, when he's in New York

These streets will make his neck feel brand new

Big lights will inspire you. LETS HEAR IT FOR NY

Peyton's release alone makes our O line better. Between advertising and salary their is plenty of money in NY Peyton will have plenty.

Well Im not going to argue anymore in this topic I respect the fact you guys think Peyton Manning will cure all our Offensive issues. If they get him I hope we light it up.

very Nice Adjsutment to the SONG!!!!!! Go Jets----Go Manning Lead Jets!!!!!

mannign makes decisions in 1/8 the time it takes sanchez to check down.. not to mention blitz recognition and barking out protections.. line would be fine.. Holmes would put up monster numbers.. and light bulb will go on fpr smash after all these misguided years

all provided manning gets healthy, gets back to form and stays that way, but this is a top 3-4 offense with manning on it

Well Im not going to argue anymore in this topic I respect the fact you guys think Peyton Manning will cure all our Offensive issues. If they get him I hope we light it up.

Smash....At the very least, we can only get better. I also believe it would be very important to retain Sanchez (as I said before). I don't know if that would happen or egos would get in the way...I just want our team to be the best it can be and I want our team to beat the crap especially out of the Pats, take the division, blast through the playoffs, go to the SB and win it.....That's what I want. I see that happening almost over night with Manning running our offense....

Sanchez is outside the top 10 in sacks taken.

He's also got terrible footwork, though he does have decent escapability. Those are different things.

terrible footwork ? LOL ...... if your talking about stepping up into the pocket thats a mental decision that has nothing to do with good or bad footwork and footwork has a lot to do with escapability.

Smash....At the very least, we can only get better. I also believe it would be very important to retain Sanchez (as I said before). I don't know if that would happen or egos would get in the way...I just want our team to be the best it can be and I want our team to beat the crap especially out of the Pats, take the division, blast through the playoffs, go to the SB and win it.....That's what I want. I see that happening almost over night with Manning running our offense....

27 If we made the move I would disagree with it but of course I would be cheering for Peyton to succeed. Keep in mind it takes alot more than Just Peyton, after all hes been to the playoffs what 12 times and has one ring ? Also those who think were even remotly close to the talent the Colts have had over the years on offense are really not paying attention. A lot of things have to happen for us to win a SBwith Manning and I think this team is on the verge of a small rebuild on defense so how does that work with a 36 year old QB?

27 If we made the move I would disagree with it but of course I would be cheering for Peyton to succeed. Keep in mind it takes alot more than Just Peyton, after all hes been to the playoffs what 12 times and has one ring ? Also those who think were even remotly close to the talent the Colts have had over the years on offense are really not paying attention. A lot of things have to happen for us to win a SBwith Manning and I think this team is on the verge of a small rebuild on defense so how does that work with a 36 year old QB?

I think the answer to your question is time of possession...2009-2010 Jets TOP vs. 2011 Jets TOP (I don't have the specific details on this but bet there is a big drop off from the 2009-2010 Jets)....Our defense has had to play much harder/longer this year and we have had some personnel changes on defense (which can be corrected with good picks for next year).

In my humble opinion, there isn't another QB that can do what Manning can...Risk = Reward

Only takes one year to win a Superbowl.

I understand...the problem...too many times I have seen the Jets seek glory through the recylcle of a player who achieved glory at another location. We tried it with Boomer, O'Donnell, Lott, Favre in the hopes we could catch lightening in a bottle for one glory year. Just smacks more of an entertainment decision versus a football decision...high-risk, high reward....Manning is older...he may come back and play well...maybe not at the MVP-level...but something competitive...but how many years can we expect....even if the Colts cut him instead of us trading for him...we'd most likely have to cut Sanchez unless we're really willing to overpay at the QB position...if we're wrong on Manning where does that leave us?

I understand...the problem...too many times I have seen the Jets seek glory through the recylcle of a player who achieved glory at another location. We tried it with Boomer, O'Donnell, Lott, Favre in the hopes we could catch lightening in a bottle for one glory year. Just smacks more of an entertainment decision versus a football decision...high-risk, high reward....Manning is older...he may come back and play well...maybe not at the MVP-level...but something competitive...but how many years can we expect....even if the Colts cut him instead of us trading for him...we'd most likely have to cut Sanchez unless we're really willing to overpay at the QB position...if we're wrong on Manning where does that leave us?

:clap:

I think the answer to your question is time of possession...2009-2010 Jets TOP vs. 2011 Jets TOP (I don't have the specific details on this but bet there is a big drop off from the 2009-2010 Jets)....Our defense has had to play much harder/longer this year and we have had some personnel changes on defense (which can be corrected with good picks for next year).

In my humble opinion, there isn't another QB that can do what Manning can...Risk = Reward

Risk does not always lead to reward as any in the financial industry can now attest...the key is not to take more risk than you have the ability, willingness or need to take.

Has "the formula" worked before ?

How many 35 plus year old QB's have gone to another team and won a SB ? Not talking about back ups already on a team because they are familiar with the offense Im talking about this very situation many of you are calling for with Manning.

At this point, my offseason hopes for the QB position rank like this:

1. Trade for a proven healthy Peyton Manning. My only concern here is health, otherwise it's a move the Jets have to find a way to make work. If they want to keep Sanchez around as his backup than great, if not then draft a late-round QB and deal Sanchez.

otherwise,

2. Retain Sanchez, sign Matt Flynn in FA, and draft another QB on day 2 or 3. Let Sanchez and Flynn fight it out for the starting job while grooming the rook and McElroy.

mannign makes decisions in 1/8 the time it takes sanchez to check down.. not to mention blitz recognition and barking out protections.. line would be fine.. Holmes would put up monster numbers.. and light bulb will go on fpr smash after all these misguided years

all provided manning gets healthy, gets back to form and stays that way, but this is a top 3-4 offense with manning on it

Truth. Even with the regression we've seen in the OL this year, it's still better than anything Manning has had in front of him for many, many years.

The coexisting issue came out yesterday or the day before when Mannings dad pretty much said they wont play on the same team and he has definitely pulled strings before for his sons so everyone knew what he meant by it. I did hear his teams listed, but I got the feeling that he was just throwing the Jets out there because of who the host of the show is and the fact that he knows its in the back of the minds of the Jets fans. I actually cant see the Redskins as a destination with their current structure. I cant see any way he and their coach coexist. Taking the weather out of it I see the best situations for him to be teams like the Dolphins, Jets, Bears and maybe Broncos. Defensive coaches that will basically can their OC, bring in whomever he wants and let him run the show.

Eliminating the Dolphins (no coach) and the Redskins (Snyder), it'd have to be the Jets v some dark-horse team(s) like the Cowboys or Eagles who are willing to sell out their current QBs for a better one/two year shot at a title, IMO. The only real question in the Jets situation is if Peyton and Archie would want to do that to Eli--"that" being to come in and overshadow him like that.

Eliminating the Dolphins (no coach) and the Redskins (Snyder), it'd have to be the Jets v some dark-horse team(s) like the Cowboys or Eagles who are willing to sell out their current QBs for a better one/two year shot at a title, IMO. The only real question in the Jets situation is if Peyton and Archie would want to do that to Eli--"that" being to come in and overshadow him like that.

that's an interesting way of looking at it that never crossed my mind, I wonder if they think that way. I'd think having them both in Jersey, playing in same stadium would be a benefit, but perhaps your right

How many 35 plus year old QB's have gone to another team and won a SB ? Not talking about back ups already on a team because they are familiar with the offense Im talking about this very situation many of you are calling for with Manning.

While I get your point, in fairness Kurt Warner would have done just that only a few years ago if not for his dog-sh*t defense. Not in his first year, but he got them there despite being pretty damn old (and for many years prior to that, considered washed-up).

Risk does not always lead to reward as any in the financial industry can now attest...the key is not to take more risk than you have the ability, willingness or need to take.

I did say that I would perfer and want to have Sanchez on the team....Manning Starting, Sanchez on the bench learning....I don't care about overpaying at the QB position, because a healthy Manning = we win our division, go to the SB....And Win it.

While I get your point, in fairness Kurt Warner would have done just that only a few years ago if not for his dog-sh*t defense. Not in his first year, but he got them there despite being pretty damn old (and for many years prior to that, considered washed-up).

i was thinking Kurt Warner but he played for the Cardinals for 3 years and was well intrenched in that offense. That would make Peyton Manning 39 years old and most likely a very different team than we see now.

With all due respect, none of the QB's you mention are in the same league as Manning (except Favre) and one can argue that as well all day. I would not cut Sanchez if Manning was here, and that would be Just in case we are wrong.

Has "the formula" worked before ? How many 35 plus year old QB's have gone to another team and won a SB ? Not talking about back ups already on a team because they are familiar with the offense Im talking about this very situation many of you are calling for with Manning.

Since Plan A free agency has been in place for less than 20 years and player movement prior to that was restricted to trades and guys who were cut, we're talking about a very limited sample space. Even so, there are more examples of this scenario than a new OC turning chicken sh*t into chicken salad:

Brad Johnson won a SB in Tampa in his 2nd year there at the age of 35.

Plunkett won two SB's with the Raiders at the ages of 34 and 37.

The age is a factor plus the move to a new city but you also have to include the return from injury issues...all complicate the equation...we've seen Brady, Marino, Montana a tad sluggish coming back from injury and we've seen Warner, Montana, Bledsoe (I'll leave Favre off the list) move to new teams with a modicum of success.

Since Plan A free agency has been in place for less than 20 years and player movement prior to that was restricted to trades and guys who were cut, we're talking about a very limited sample space. Even so, there are more examples of this scenario than a new OC turning chicken sh*t into chicken salad:

Brad Johnson won a SB in Tampa in his 2nd year there at the age of 35.

Plunkett won two SB's with the Raiders at the ages of 34 and 37.

Plunkett was with the Raiders for 4 or 5 years that would make Manning 40 + Brad Johnson is probably the best example but thats still year 2 making maning 38 ...its a tough call

Archived