Just like that, Pats are the #1 seed in the AFC

JonEJet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's amazing how crappy an OC kubiak becomes with yates as opposed to schaub

What's that supposed to mean huh? That players factor into playing football? Says you! You've probably never played a down! As a player I was just a pawn in my Great Leader Coach's game of chess. I just did what he asked me to like a good drone, no more and certainly never any less. I was a good citizen. A strong citizen!

Gary Kubiak's system is running at 100% proficiency right now. This is what it is capable of doing. WAR IS PEACE!

What's that supposed to mean huh? That players factor into playing football? Says you! You've probably never played a down! As a player I was just a pawn in my Great Leader Coach's game of chess. I just did what he asked me to like a good drone, no more and certainly never any less. I was a good citizen. A strong citizen!

Gary Kubiak's system is running at 100% proficiency right now. This is what it is capable of doing. WAR IS PEACE!

lulz

lulz

So when are the two of you going to make it official?

And to think, it only took Kubiak getting to his third-string QB to make that Texans offense look like the first-string Brian Schottenheimer offense.

True .... Sanchez would be third string on the texans... Good point

And the texans offense is worse , averaging 14ppg with Yates , jets are 25 ppg

the whole camera point is idiotic... brady is one of the best qb's of all time and that's why you win so much.. jets fans can't deal with reality

No doubt.

Belichick deserves credit as well.

No matter what your perspective on the Patriots' defensive personnel. That this team is 14th in points allowed is a credit to Belichick. The secondary and to a lesser degree the linebacking corps is in shambles due to lack of talent and/or injury.

Street free agents are being signed on Friday and starting on Sunday.

I agree 1000% that Brady is the reason they are 11-3. I cannot argue that point.

However, it has been a revolving door on the defense for players and Belichick has them at least average or better in previous seasons in points allowed.

No doubt.

Belichick deserves credit as well.

No matter what your perspective on the Patriots' defensive personnel. That this team is 14th in points allowed is a credit to Belichick. The secondary and to a lesser degree the linebacking corps is in shambles due to lack of talent and/or injury.

Street free agents are being signed on Friday and starting on Sunday.

I agree 1000% that Brady is the reason they are 11-3. I cannot argue that point.

However, it has been a revolving door on the defense for players and Belichick has them at least average or better in previous seasons in points allowed.

I think a big part of that has to do with your offense..

1) Teams often are forced to become one dimensional.

2) The ability for your offense to move the ball and flip field position. For example, lets say NE is pinned down at thier own 10, they drive 40 yards an punt from their own 50 and net 35 yards. Now the opposing team needs to go the entire field to score. Same situation, but the Jets go 3 and out at their own 10, punt and net 35, and the opposing offense starting at the Jets 45. A lot more likely that the Jets defense will give up point in that spot, even though they are much better then NE"s unit.

3) Turnovers, pats are 4th in the league in TO's per drive. As the Tebow's have proven, this goes along way towards making a defense look a lot better to fans looking at a cursory level with a stat like ppg.

All of this is backed up by stats..

Pats are #2 in yards per drive, at 40 yards per drive. They are #4 with 101 turnover per drive. The other two offenses that move the ball a lot per drive and dont' turn it over are GB and NO. WHat is their defensive ppg? 21.2 for GB (same as NE) and 21.9 for NO (.7 > then NE). All three are better then the Jets when you look at something that is way to high level to be valuable, like ppg. Clearly the Jets have the best defense of the three, what they don't have is an offense that makes thier job easier. Yards per drive Jets 25.69, To' per drive, .129 (30% more)

FInally, the defensive drive stats are reversed.. NYJ are third in the league at 25.27. NE is last in the league at 37.92. If NE"s offense could only muster 25 yards per drive like the Jets do, thier defensive ppg would skyrocket. In an over simplification to make a point, on average, they'd lose 12 yards of field position per avg set of drives (1 offense and 1 defensive series). You see how that would effect ppg?

Belichick is way overrated as a coach, and as bad as matt millen as a gm

I think a big part of that has to do with your offense..

1) Teams often are forced to become one dimensional.

2) The ability for your offense to move the ball and flip field position. For example, lets say NE is pinned down at thier own 10, they drive 40 yards an punt from their own 50 and net 35 yards. Now the opposing team needs to go the entire field to score. Same situation, but the Jets go 3 and out at their own 10, punt and net 35, and the opposing offense starting at the Jets 45. A lot more likely that the Jets defense will give up point in that spot, even though they are much better then NE"s unit.

3) Turnovers, pats are 4th in the league in TO's per drive. As the Tebow's have proven, this goes along way towards making a defense look a lot better to fans looking at a cursory level with a stat like ppg.

All of this is backed up by stats..

Pats are #2 in yards per drive, at 40 yards per drive. They are #4 with 101 turnover per drive. The other two offenses that move the ball a lot per drive and dont' turn it over are GB and NO. WHat is their defensive ppg? 21.2 for GB (same as NE) and 21.9 for NO (.7 > then NE). All three are better then the Jets when you look at something that is way to high level to be valuable, like ppg. Clearly the Jets have the best defense of the three, what they don't have is an offense that makes thier job easier. Yards per drive Jets 25.69, To' per drive, .129 (30% more)

FInally, the defensive drive stats are reversed.. NYJ are third in the league at 25.27. NE is last in the league at 37.92. If NE"s offense could only muster 25 yards per drive like the Jets do, thier defensive ppg would skyrocket. In an over simplification to make a point, on average, they'd lose 12 yards of field position per avg set of drives (1 offense and 1 defensive series). You see how that would effect ppg?

Belichick is way overrated as a coach, and as bad as matt emillen as a gm

I do not necessarily disagree with your points. Brady and the offense is why they are 11-3 and not 5-9.

And I am not trying to polish that turd of a D. It is $hitty.

However, I believe the D, as you pointed out, does do something well and that is cause turnovers. And while, "they cannot stop a nosebleed" between the 20s, with less ground to cover, they are better able to mask their passing issues and their Pass D QB rating drops from 87 to 67 when in the redzone. Can they win a Superbowl this way? I would not bet on it.

The reason why I am giving Belichick credit is due to what he is working with. While it is partially his fault (I.e. GM Belichick), coupled with injuries, the D is 14th in points allowed and that is all that matters.

-Only, one of the projected secondary starters are on the field now.

-The linebacking corps has had issues as well. Mayo, Spikes and Cunnigham have missed significant time due to injury or $hittiness. Yet, guys like Niko Koutovides is contributing alongside Rob Nikovich whom nobody wanted. And the team is only 14th in points allowed. I contend he is coaching his a$$ off.

Yes, crush him for his draft record, but he deserves credit for what the D is doing. Pretty? No. Effective? Not really until it hits the redzone. It might not be much, but it is something they can do.

Oh stop, of course they're not, but in what world is that the same as trying to prove they're the "worst in the world", and using completely flawed stats as a means to show why they're supposedly worse than the Pats?

So there you have it. The #7 defense in the NFL. QUITTERZZZZZZZ.

Archived