Shonne Greene

CobraVerde

What the hell happened to him? I was hoping he'd step up this year but I guess I were wrong. I hate to say it but we need to let him go. It's obvious he can't carry the load. He always seems to get hurt when we need him the most. And one thing that always pisses me off about him is everytime he always struggles to get up off the ground after every play even when he falls on his own like he doesn't want to be there. Most backs hit the ground and bounce back up but he doesn't. I wish we could've seen Mcknight or LT running...

What the hell happened to him? I was hoping he'd step up this year but I guess I were wrong. I hate to say it but we need to let him go. It's obvious he can't carry the load. He always seems to get hurt when we need him the most. And one thing that always pisses me off about him is everytime he always struggles to get up off the ground after every play even when he falls on his own like he doesn't want to be there. Most backs hit the ground and bounce back up but he doesn't. I wish we could've seen Mcknight or LT running...

They didn't give him the ball enough because the genius calling the plays wanted to try and force the offense to be something they weren't.

Simple as that.

The kid is averaging over 4 yards a carry this year ... He's a good back.

Never understood all the hate for him on the board this year.

They didn't give him the ball enough because the genius calling the plays wanted to try and force the offense to be something they weren't.

Simple as that.

The kid is averaging over 4 yards a carry this year ... He's a good back.

Never understood all the hate for him on the board this year.

agreed. The kid is going to hit 1000 yards, 8th most in the AFC, and 14th most in the entire. He had a slow start but he has been solid since then.

I actually have been impressed with Shonn the past few games. I have said over and over again that:

• I don't think he will prove to be an every down back because of his running style
  • Losing him in that AFC Championship game two years ago bothers me. I really wished he came back in (not sure if that was possible or not)
  • His pass catching skills are non-existent

This year though he was hurt again...a few injuries. But lately I feel like he matured and played through it. Really impressed me...you can see how much he is hurt at times, after a tackle he takes a second to get up. But he worked through it.

That said his pass catching skills are still really bad. And I am not sure you can give him the ball over 300 times in a season and expect him to hold up.

I don't think he can handle more then that honestly. Hed fall apart if we made him run 25 times a game ...

Thats an assumption. Shonn Greene's problem is the offensive line and pathetic/repetitive playcalling called by this jack clown O.C.

Shonn Greene, like every other player at their position on offense looks bad. If we throw short 90 percent of the time and continuously run RB Blast plays up the gut then what room is the running back going to have against a defense that doesnt even have to respect the deep pass?

Play design and the lack of success in the passing game is Shonn's problem.

Jim Brown NEVER got up quickly. He always dragged himself up, his thinking that if the defense thinks he is banged up he gets an advantage. Not comparing players, only tactics.

Jets need a new starting RB. Greene still has plenty of value but he's best as a backup.

If Jets lose and Richardson from Alabama is available in the 1st rd, they'll have a hard time passing on him.

Drafting a RB in the first round is a massive error. How many of the top 5 rushers in the NFL this season were drafted in the first round? 0.

Archived