NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning

F.Chowds

I'm not questioning him, you simpleton. He's defending a teammate, and that's great.

But, his response is 2 sentences. In the 1st, he calls the report false. In the 2nd he says that people who made those comments need to man up.

To further explain this to you, If the report is false, there would be no one for mangold to call to man up to these comments.

I tend to side with one of the leaders of the team....You want to dissect it...You're firmly embedded with the SOJ crew....I can't help you with that

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Mangold wants the players who said this to step forward because they are full of sh*t ? Maybe this team has a lot more problems in the locker room than we think ? Maybe mangold wants them to step up so the team can ask them to GTFO ? who knows . Only the guys in the locker room know and I would not doubt for one second if one of the guys bitching is Santonio Holmes

I doubt one of the sources is Santonio. Because Santonio regardless of what you think of him as a player and a man, has never hid his opinion. Why would he start now?

Full of sh*t, as you say, is not the same thing as false. False indicates that the story Mehta wrote is untruthful. If the story were false, there would be no one to stand up behind these comments.

In reality, Mangold disagrees with the unnamed sources. Or, at least he's doing so outwardly in an effort to be a team 1st guy and an overall good guy, something he's always demonstrated being. That doesn't mean everyone in the locker room shares his opinion, or his desire to be silent on what they view as the biggest problem of the team.

Yes, why would he want to play with guys who are publicly lobbying for him to come here because he would make them an instant contender and is everything their current QB is not?

Every team in the league has guys "like this"... all it takes is a bad situation for them to start chirping.

Your first sentence is just dumb. Peyton knows he's great. Any team without Brady, Brees, and Rodgers would want him so players sucking his cock to go there is meaningless.

The point is the annonymous bashing. Why would Peyton want to go to a team where the players annonymously bash other teammates to the media?

Yes, why would he want to play with guys who are publicly lobbying for him to come here because he would make them an instant contender and is everything their current QB is not?

Every team in the league has guys "like this"... all it takes is a bad situation for them to start chirping.

Yeah, why would Peyton Manning want to play for a team screaming for him to come and help, for a team that is hungry to win now, for a fanbase that hasnt seen a real QB since Namatha, in the biggest market in the world, with a owner/GM that is willing to overpay for virtually anyone?

You cant tell me Petyon hasnt looked at this team and thought, damn, I'd have won a couple of rings in a row if I was on that team.

Yeah, why would Peyton Manning want to play for a team screaming for him to come and help, for a team that is hungry to win now, for a fanbase that hasnt seen a real QB since Namatha, in the biggest market in the world, with a owner/GM that is willing to overpay for virtually anyone?

You cant tell me Petyon hasnt looked at this team and thought, damn, I'd have won a couple of rings in a row if I was on that team.

That's just Jet-centric nonsense.

The Jets are viewed as a joke, especially know because of Rex.

Did you hear Eli's subtle rip of the Jets franchise? Say that the Giants have a "certain way of doing things" and "we don't do such things over here" leading up to the Jets-Giants' game?

I doubt one of the sources is Santonio. Because Santonio regardless of what you think of him as a player and a man, has never hid his opinion. Why would he start now?

Full of sh*t, as you say, is not the same thing as false. False indicates that the story Mehta wrote is untruthful. If the story were false, there would be no one to stand up behind these comments.

In reality, Mangold disagrees with the unnamed sources. Or, at least he's doing so outwardly in an effort to be a team 1st guy and an overall good guy, something he's always demonstrated being. That doesn't mean everyone in the locker room shares his opinion, or his desire to be silent on what they view as the biggest problem of the team.

All good points . We might get our answers with how the team handles personnel this offseason really not much else to debate other than what we have seen and heard first hand

Lol, and rex is looking at him thinking, damn, I'd have won a couple of rings in a row if he was on this team... it's a match made in heaven

Because he's one of those guys?

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here. Lets just say we had some problems with protection".

Peyton wants to WIN first and foremost, I'm sure it's not lost on him that having Rex's defense would go a long way towards that.

I tend to side with one of the leaders of the team....You want to dissect it...You're firmly embedded with the SOJ crew....I can't help you with that

It's not dissecting, it's pointing out an obvious contradiction. And, believe me, I don't want the help of someone who simply sees what he wants to see.

Did you hear Eli's subtle rip of the Jets franchise? Say that the Giants have a "certain way of doing things" and "we don't do such things over here" leading up to the Jets-Giants' game?

Well Eli is full of sh*t because when the Giants are playing bad they are the biggest crybabies in the league. Has Eli listened to his idiot RB lately >?

Then there is no way he'd want to play with Wayne Hunter.

So, it's your belief that if the starter is Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Brett Ratliff, Joe Namath, Matt Flynn, David Carr, Mark Brunell, Greg McElroy, or Elroy from the Jetsons, that Wayne Hunter is starting at RT next season?

It's not dissecting, it's pointing out an obvious contradiction. And, believe me, I don't want the help of someone who simply sees what he wants to see.

Then again, I surely don't want to listen to someone who twists the truth to satisfy his agenda

what is this nonsense?

who are these people that view the Jets as a "joke"? Why would Sparano and Haley consider splitting duties and taking less money for a team that's a joke?

Do you really think any FA's are going to refuse to come here when Woody opens his checkbook?

Other than a couple posters on this board and Mike Florio I have yet to hear many people referring th them as a circus.. there's a big difference between having some turmoil and being a joke.

He could win in Chicago

Yeah, but I doubt Chicago moves away from Cutler.. There's a bunch of places with a good defense in place or who are good fits for other reasons (like Arizona)... My personal opinion is that the Jets will make the hardest push for him

I guess JPP missed the boat on that one.

I agree, it's being hypocritical, but it's indicative of the Manning family mindset. Rex's Jets bafoonery has turned the Manning family off. Plus, as T0m noted, the Jets haven't shown themselves to be a poised, championship caliber team.

Your first sentence is just dumb. Peyton knows he's great. Any team without Brady, Brees, and Rodgers would want him so players sucking his cock to go there is meaningless.

The point is the annonymous bashing. Why would Peyton want to go to a team where the players annonymously bash other teammates to the media?

Of course he does, which is exactly why these unnamed sources bashing a sh*tty QB is predictive of nothing as it relates to their behavior toward an all-time great.

Just because I belittle and talk down to the majority of people in my office doesn't mean I will do the same when it comes to someone who I respect due to some combination of knowledge, work, or authority.

So, it's your belief that if the starter is Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Brett Ratliff, Joe Namath, Matt Flynn, David Carr, Mark Brunell, Greg McElroy, or Elroy from the Jetsons, that Wayne Hunter is starting at RT next season?

Peyton's former starting LT, who is young, is now a back up on the Giants

Has Rex unequivocally said that Wayne Hunter will be the starting RT next year?

Because unless Rex gives his patented vote of confidence, I won't believe that Hunter is a goner.

Of course he does, which is exactly why these unnamed sources bashing a sh*tty QB is predictive of nothing as it relates to their behavior toward an all-time great.

Just because I belittle and talk down to the majority of people in my office doesn't mean I will do the same when it comes to someone who I respect due to some combination of knowledge, work, or authority.

The Jets players annonymously ripped Favre. What makes you or Peyton think they won't do the same to him?

I agree, it's being hypocritical, but it's indicative of the Manning family mindset. Rex's Jets bafoonery has turned the Manning family off. Plus, as T0m noted, the Jets haven't shown themselves to be a poised, championship caliber team.

I think that's fair, but it's similar to favre, earlier reports were that he wanted little to do with us but Tanny made a strong pitch. I believe he can do it again

Yeah, the last month has really stamped the Jets as a poised, professional, championship-readied franchise.

Winning cures all. Peytong Manning wins. Peyton Manning is a leader. Everything to come out of Jets camp would never even happen with Peyton Manning was a Jet.

You're very foolish if you dont think Manning immediately makes us a 12-14 win team and a serious SB contender.

nickmangold Nick Mangold

This nydn.us/xnShGZ by @TheJetsStream is false. If "unnamed sources" want to attack Mark, man up and put your name to it #JETS

Hahahhahahahaha.....Manish looks like a fool

The interesting thing about this tweet is it kind of goes along with what I was saying to EY earlier. If you read the wording of the article, while it's tough to know for sure, you can kind of get of read of the types of players who are talking, just based on the perspective they are speaking from. It's pretty clear that the guys who were defending Sanchez are OL, while it sounds like those blasting Sanchez are mostly defensive players. It actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

Archived