NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning

F.Chowds

Yeah, but I doubt Chicago moves away from Cutler.. There's a bunch of places with a good defense in place or who are good fits for other reasons (like Arizona)... My personal opinion is that the Jets will make the hardest push for him

The Jets are hiring Sparano and Pushing for Haley (not doubt to work with Sanchez) because they have ideas of signing Peyton Manning ? How much sense does that make ? Put your dream to rest Chan its not happening no way irsay lets it happen and Luck will probably have to wait 2 years while playing behind Manning and learning that offense from the guy who runs it best. No bad blood between QB and organization and when manning does retire that will leave alot of open cap space for the colts to surround Luck with talent just like the colts have always done for Manning. Something I never expect the Jets to do for any QB with the current personell Dept in place

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Nick, which is it? Is the story false, as you say, or are there players who need to man up and put their name to it?

Huge contradiction here.

I don't think Mangold was saying that it's not true that people said these things, I think he's saying the statements that were made aren't true (e.g., Sanchez not working hard in practice, etc.). That's why he's calling out people to put their names to it.

Winning cures all. Peytong Manning wins. Peyton Manning is a leader. Everything to come out of Jets camp would never even happen with Peyton Manning was a Jet.

You're very foolish if you dont think Manning immediately makes us a 12-14 win team and a serious SB contender.

LOL, douche. I never said I didn't believe Manning makes this a 12-14 win team. Of course I do.

I'm talking from MANNING'S PERSPECTIVE. Why would HE want to join the Jets. Indy's collapse demonstrates that Manning makes anyone a contender. He could go to Chicago and do the same.

I think that's fair, but it's similar to favre, earlier reports were that he wanted little to do with us but Tanny made a strong pitch. I believe he can do it again

Something tells me that Tom Moore will be #1 at the head of that pitch. Tom will be used to convince Peyton how this is a place he can win another ring. Peyton is professional enough that he can put aside any perceptions of what is percieved buffoonery, and Tanny and Woody will roll the red carpet themselves and hand feed him grapes if it gets him to the NYJ.

The Jets are hiring Sparano and Pushing for Haley (not doubt to work with Sanchez) because they have ideas of signing Peyton Manning ? How much sense does that make ? Put your dream to rest Chan its not happening no way irsay lets it happen and Luck will probably have to wait 2 years while playing behind Manning and learning that offense from the guy who runs it best. No bad blood between QB and organization and when manning does retire that will leave alot of open cap space for the colts to surround Luck with talent just like the colts have always done for Manning. Something I never expect the Jets to do for any QB with the current personell Dept in place

Again, not putting dreams away just cause you said so. Manning is still injured and a Colt, it would be foolish of the jets to rest on the laurels hoping he gets healthy and is released. Make no mistake though, if he comes available Jets will be one of the teams pursuing him the hardest.

If a story is False, why did Mangold call out those "unnamed sources"? False means there's no sources to call out.

I don't think Mangold was saying that it's not true that people said these things, I think he's saying the statements that were made aren't true (e.g., Sanchez not working hard in practice, etc.). That's why he's calling out people to put their names to it.

LOL. Leave it to Bleedin to have to explain it to EY

The Jets players annonymously ripped Favre. What makes you or Peyton think they won't do the same to him?

Aside from Favre having a reputation for being a diva that Manning doesn't carry, the guys who I remember ripping him (Jones and Coles) aren't even on the roster anymore.

Again though, this type of thing isn't isolated to the NY Jets. Tthere's not a single roster in the leaue that is completely devoid of guys who are willing to share their opinions to the media when things go downhill.

Winning cures all. Peytong Manning wins. Peyton Manning is a leader. Everything to come out of Jets camp would never even happen with Peyton Manning was a Jet.

You're very foolish if you dont think Manning immediately makes us a 12-14 win team and a serious SB contender.

if Manning comes here how do we fill glaring holes ? he probably gets us to the playoffs if he does not get killed behind our O-Line then gets raped in the playoffs by top defenses just like he did for most of his career with a hell of alot better talent in Indy

if Manning comes here how do we fill glaring holes ? he probably gets us to the playoffs if he does not get killed behind our O-Line then gets raped in the playoffs by top defenses just like he did for most of his career with a hell of alot better talent in Indy

The colts have glaring holes bigger then we do, yet they were a perennial playoff team with manning

LOL, douche. I never said I didn't believe Manning makes this a 12-14 win team. Of course I do.

I'm talking from MANNING'S PERSPECTIVE. Why would HE want to join the Jets. Indy's collapse demonstrates that Manning makes anyone a contender. He could go to Chicago and do the same.

Ummmm, to win another SB. Duh.

What glaring holes? The only glaring hole is QB.

Whats funny is the statement "does not work hard in practice" how exactly does a QB not work hard in practice ? The same QB who wanted to punch out the head coach for giving Brunell 3 snaps ...kind of funny no ?

You are a delusional homer if you think that Mehta has the agenda and Mangold does not. Then again, I should have just stopped at "you are a delusional homer."

Why would Mangold have an agenda? The man is a team leader.

Manish is a honk hack that is trying to upstage the real story today...Shotty's dismissal

The colts have glaring holes bigger then we do, yet they were a perennial playoff team with manning

LFMAO - glaring holes. His team is picking number 1 overall because of his absence. Meanwhile, the Jets have a QB who's turned the ball over the 2nd most in the league over the last 3 years, 63 times, but have managed some type of miracle to be above .500.

Its almost like people really have no perspective on how awful Sanchez is and how important the QB position is...its literally a miracle the Jets are above .500. I'm not sure who leads the league in turnovers above Sanchez but I'd be shocked if they were on a winning Football team.

The difference, and this is an important one, is he discussed his own opinion of Sanchez's work ethic. Now he's writing about some teammates opinions. There's an important difference.

Anyway, I've never personally attacked Sanchez's work ethic, because I don't have a clue. Neither do any of us. But, a lot of the other complaints about him in this article ring true too. The work ethic one is just more easily debatable.

If a story is False, why did Mangold call out those "unnamed sources"? False means there's no sources to call out.

Can't Manglod's response be what you stated earlier? In his own opinion its false. Mark isnt lazy and isnt overwhelmed by the playbook. but he also wants to know who the teamates are that are saying it.

LFMAO - glaring holes. His team is picking number 1 overall because of his absence. Meanwhile, the Jets have a QB who's turned the ball over the 2nd most in the league over the last 3 years, 63 times, but have managed some type of miracle to be above .500.

Its almost like people really have no perspective on how awful Sanchez is and how important the QB position is...its literally a miracle the Jets are above .500. I'm not sure who leads the league in turnovers since above Sanchez but I'd be shocked if they were on a winning Football team.

Actually it's Eli

yep they have a few holes on defense but if you remember when our team was the number 1 defense in the NFL and pressuring QB's to no end 2 years ago we were not able to get to Manning in the AFCCG because they picked up our blitz brilliantly and Manning had all the time in the world to pick us apart. Manning behind a lesser o-line early in his career was labeled happy feet and had major problems dealing with the rush. You think our O-Line can pick up the blitz ? have they ever picked up a blitz ? Its one of their biggest weaknesses and Manning is NOT mobile. He will get killed unless major changes are made across the board. We do not match up with the Colts offense in any way shape or form unless your talking about the Center position.

That's a different story. And, I said that in response to Smash. But, that's not what mangold actually said, regardless of his intent.

I think there's a lot of truth to your read of the situation. The Oline has always protected Sanchez as far as the media goes. It seems the rest of the team is fed up.

I don't know if Sanchez is a hard worker or not, but I do know, from watching the games, that the other complaints the "unnamed players" have are dead on.

Its almost like people really have no perspective on how awful Sanchez is and how important the QB position is...its literally a miracle the Jets are above .500. I'm not sure who leads the league in turnovers since above Sanchez but I'd be shocked if they were on a winning Football team.

I believe it's Eli Manning, the guy everyone's hoping Sanchez will evolve into

Can't Manglod's response be what you stated earlier? In his own opinion its false. Mark isnt lazy and isnt overwhelmed by the playbook. but he also wants to know who the teamates are that are saying it.

It could be. But that doesn't make the other players opinions invalid. And, the reality of the situation is, what the others are saying, though pretty damning, isn't nearly as important as the fact that they in fact are saying it.

There's a large enough portion of this team that believes that the QB is a bum. That's a problem, even if one of the team leaders expresses that he believes in him.

yep they have a few holes on defense but if you remember when our team was the number 1 defense in the NFL and pressuring QB's to no end 2 years ago we were not able to get to Manning in the AFCCG because they picked up our blitz brilliantly and Manning had all the time in the world to pick us apart. Manning behind a lesser o-line early in his career was labeled happy feet and had major problems dealing with the rush. You think our O-Line can pick up the blitz ? have they ever picked up a blitz ? Its one of their biggest weaknesses and Manning is NOT mobile. He will get killed unless major changes are made across the board. We do not match up with the Colts offense in any way shape or form unless your talking about the Center position.

Manning's starting LT for 3 seasons is still young but now a backup guard for the Giants. The blind spot you have to how much a QB impacts all areas of the offense is just too much to overcome in casual conversation. Simpy put, Manning would make everyone on this offense appear a whole lot better, whereas Sanchez makes every single player on this offense appear a whole lot worse. ~fin

It could be. But that doesn't make the other players opinions invalid. And, the reality of the situation is, what the others are saying, though pretty damning, isn't nearly as important as the fact that they in fact are saying it.

There's a large enough portion of this team that believes that the QB is a bum. That's a problem, even if one of the team leaders expresses that he believes in him.

I didnt say that it makes the other players opinion invalid. When you say there is a large enough portion of the team, who? how many?

Manning's starting LT for 3 seasons is still young but now a backup guard for the Giants. The blind spot you have to how much a QB impacts all areas of the offense is just too much to overcome in casual conversation. Simpy put, Manning would make everyone on this offense appear a whole lot better, whereas Sanchez makes every single player on this offense appear a whole lot worse. ~fin

Chan I agree Manning with his experience will be better at directing the offense at the LOS but thats not the entire picture you have to be able to execute on more than one level to be effective. I think the Jets have issues across the board on Offense and vs ELITE defenses I dont care who you have at QB its going to be an Issue its why some 13-3 teams get there asses handed to them in the playoffs because they usually have to face top notch talent for 3 or 4 straight weeks to win a SB this team is NOT that team even with Peyton Manning. Manning also had players he worked with for years and years to get as good as he was late in his career hes not just going to step into the Jets facility and automaticly Santonio Holmes will learn to read a blitz. Its not just the QB

Archived