Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno dies at 85

F.Chowds

I keep waiting for something--anything--to come out that clears Paterno, but absolutely nothing does, not even from his ****ed up zealot fanboys. If there was anything anybody could point to that even raises some doubt that Paterno didn't know about Sandusky, it'd be pushed out there by now. The guy is guilty, he's a sick **** and anyone taking the time to call him a "great man" should never be allowed within 500 feet of a child.

100% agree

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bugg, I never said Paterno did not know. You just has SO MANY other facts wrong.

You said that he knew as early as 1991. Where did that come from? The earliest report is the 1998 Gricar incident. It has most recently been reported that Paterno was NOT aware of the 1998 incident (believe that if you will). You sad he knew for 2 decades. Even if he knew in 1998, that is not 2 decades

You claim that Paterno had interaction with the cops in this-There is ZERO indication of that. There WERE NOT 2 grand juries. You claim hundreds of boys may have been involved. That is greatly exaggerated number based on how many have come forward.\

This post is not to defend the inactions of Paterno, but to point to people who operate on a little knowledge and twist the facts to unknowing ends.

A horrible, horrible sityuation, but please know the facts before you get all twisted up. You are better than that

Gpt the year wrong. But this guy, married man, is traveling to a bowl game with a little boy. No alarms went off?

There was in fact an investigation in 1998; whether there was or was not a grand jury is a minor detail(rather than 1991), since that is merely the point at which the DA gets his evidence together to get an indictment. . The grand jury that fianlly charged Sandusky was convened last summer and Paterno testified. Ironically since he has died and he cannot testify at any trial since he wasn't crossexamined his statements therein cannot be used against Sandusky at trial. And we will never know what he really knew. Apparently despite grwoing up in NYC during the Depression and reading classics like "The Oddesy" and "The Aneid" at Brown, 2 legends filled with tales of men raping boys, Paterno claimed he had no idea men could rape other men. Granted Paterno was obviouly in many ways a nerd and he was 85 when he testiified, but that simply isn't plausible.

The foundation gave Sandusjy access to hundreds of boys, amny of them at risk boys from dicey domestic situations. I hope it's way less, but even one kid getting abused is one too many. And had Paterno called the cops at the first inkling, how many abused boys would've never met this bastid?

Gpt the year wrong. But this guy, married man, is traveling to a bowl game with a little boy. No alarms went off?

There was in fact an investigation in 1998; whether there was or was not a grand jury is a minor detail(rather than 1991), since that is merely the point at which the DA gets his evidence together to get an indictment. . The grand jury that fianlly charged Sandusky was convened last summer and Paterno testified. Ironically since he has died and he cannot testify at any trial since he wasn't crossexamined his statements therein cannot be used against Sandusky at trial. And we will never know what he really knew. Apparently despite grwoing up in NYC during the Depression and reading classics like "The Oddesy" and "The Aneid" at Brown, 2 legends filled with tales of men raping boys, Paterno claimed he had no idea men could rape other men. Granted Paterno was obviouly in many ways a nerd and he was 85 when he testiified, but that simply isn't plausible.

The foundation gave Sandusjy access to hundreds of boys, amny of them at risk boys from dicey domestic situations. I hope it's way less, but even one kid getting abused is one too many. And had Paterno called the cops at the first inkling, how many abused boys would've never met this bastid?Heck may be he could've saved Sandusky from himself.

You claim that Paterno had interaction with the cops in this-There is ZERO indication of that. There WERE NOT 2 grand juries. You claim hundreds of boys may have been involved. That is greatly exaggerated number based on how many have come forward.\

It has been well-documented that when victims come forward, they only represent about 10-15 % of the total number of victims. 7 appeared in the grand jury report, so based on this fact, we can assume Sandusky was probably involved with at least 60-70 young boys.

He had all the opportunities he could ask for. He ran a foundation for young, at-risk boys whom he'd spend afternoons and nights with. Are you really going to argue that inappropriate actions only happened with a few, when time and time again he was let off the hook on prior occasions? Do you think that dozens of kids WANTED to come forward and rehash these embarrassing, awful experiences?

How could anyone? Guy felt his program meant more than the welfare of those children. As said by many.. I wonder what he would have done if it was his grandchildren in that shower with Sandusky. Persepctive is a motherfcker.

agreed

will NEVER look at joepa the same ever again. 60 years of work down the drain because he didn't want his buddy to go to jail and embarrass the program.

what else was he covering up over the years that we never heard about? if a guy enables a rapist to stay on campus then imagine the other bad things we never will know about.

How could anyone? Guy felt his program meant more than the welfare of those children. As said by many.. I wonder what he would have done if it was his grandchildren in that shower with Sandusky. Persepctive is a motherfcker.

This whole thing is f'en sick...it makes me sick. I hope the kids that this happened to are ok. I don't see how they can be, but I hope they are. Our society, cannot tolerate these acts any longer. Stuff like this needs to be dealt with in a very very harsh way. Maybe that's the answer, maybe once found guilty you are done forever. Maybe that's the answer...I don't want to hear Joe P's name spoken any more in terms of "being a great man".....sorry...it's too late for that

Archived