Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno dies at 85

F.Chowds

So even though Paterno did not commit a crime, he is crucified BUT, if you can sing and do the moonwalk, you are allowed to molest all the little boys you want.

your talking ones who did the crime vs ones who knew about the crime and did nothing to get that psycho out of the university.

If Im Joe Paterno I go to the University and say I dont want that mother****ing Piece of sh*t anywhere near this place and if i see him here again Im going to blow this whole thing up in the media and beat Sandusky with a baseball bat.

Guess what, If Joe Does that with all his pull, Sandusky is in jail 10 years ago and many kids are spared the horrible ordeal they had to endure.

NO FREE PASS FOR JOE

Sorry

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So even though Paterno did not commit a crime, he is crucified BUT, if you can sing and do the moonwalk, you are allowed to molest all the little boys you want.

We are a sick society.

And Paterno in most states did commit a crime by failing to call the cops,except at that time in Pennsylvania he was not a madanted reporter. They changed the law since the talk he had with McQueary.

We are a sick society.

And Paterno in most states did commit a crime by failing to call the cops,except at that time in Pennsylvania he was not a madanted reporter. They changed the law since the talk he had with McQueary.

That creep needed a law to mandate that he report child rape to the cops? What a dirtbag.

That creep needed a law to mandate that he report child rape to the cops? What a dirtbag.

There was a report by the campus police made in 1991 when Sandusky was retired. Paterno refused to allow the report to be released.

we also had the DA who refused to indict dissappearing and destroying his hard drive like a character in a John Grisham novel.

Paterno knew.

He knew for at least 2 decades, and probably longer.

And he didn't take any action because his beloved program might have been embarrassed or something. As a parent and a grandfather he nonetheless put his program ahead of the lives of possibly hundreds of young vulnerable boys. And had he stepped in and aclled the cops at the firstr sign of this evil he would've rightly been hailed as a hero. But it was easier to go along and get along.

He's basically Cardinal Law. It's not for me to judge either. But if there is a God, don't see how either rests in peace.

RIP Joe Pa. I am absolutely disgusted by the amount of Joe Pa jokes I've heard so far today. People need to have respect for a man who dedicated his entire life to the Penn State football program. Was he perfect? No. Did he bury the Sandusky stuff? Yes, but that penalty has already been paid. Today we need to reflect on a many who positively effected thousands of players and students. Today is a sad day.

This statement is a joke....the penalty has been paid...WFT...its not a ****en parking ticket dude. We are talking about 10 year old boys being raped by his ****en D coordinator on campus grounds. WTF!

There was a report by the campus police made in 1991 when Sandusky was retired. Paterno refused to allow the report to be released.

we also had the DA who refused to indict dissappearing and destroying his hard drive like a character in a John Grisham novel.

Paterno knew.

And he didn't take any action because his beloved program might have been embarrassed or something. As a parent and a grandfather he nonetheless put his program ahead of the lives of possibly hundreds of young vulnerable boys. And had he stepped in and aclled the cops at the firstr sign of this evil he would've rightly been hailed as a hero. But it was easier to go along and get along.

He's basically Cardinal Law. It's not for me to judge either. But if there is a God, don't see how either rests in peace.

Agree 100%

The McQueary incident was the most high profile, but not enough attention is being paid to the incident 4 years earlier when Sandusky was allowed to slink away into the shadows after resigning. That was when Paterno should have first addressed the pedophilia rather than the bullsh*t, "resigning because he was not Paterno's successor" excuse. Paterno was a pedophile enabler and that's how he should be remembered.

Doh, didn't see Bugg's post, but the facts speak for themselves

Paterno knew.

He did do many good things in his long tenure ... mentored a lot of athletes that went on to become deservedly respected in the NFL and in life. It's a damn shame that the core of his being was so maligned that he ABSOLUTELY turned a blind eye to horrific instances of child abuse and allowed it to continue in order to keep up a sham image of his empire. Really don't understand anybody that's barking about all the facts not being out and continuing to canonize Paterno. In position as god of Penn State, his part in the tragedy is exponentially worse. I'm hoping there are a lot of flags in Pa that refuse to fly at half mast.

He did do many good things in his long tenure ... mentored a lot of athletes that went on to become deservedly respected in the NFL and in life. It's a damn shame that the core of his being was so maligned that he ABSOLUTELY turned a blind eye to horrific instances of child abuse and allowed it to continue in order to keep up a sham image of his empire. Really don't understand anybody that's barking about all the facts not being out and continuing to canonize Paterno. In position as god of Penn State, his part in the tragedy is exponentially worse. I'm hoping there are a lot of flags in Pa that refuse to fly at half mast.

He had a choice the first time he got any inkling Sandusky was doing this. It's a shame that his decision was to protect his program instead of turning him in immediately. And he done that he would in fact be the wonderful man some are today saying he was.

While I knew Paterno grew up in Brooklyn I didn't realize until this week he attended the same parochial grammar school as myself, my wife, and our kids. There is a strong strain of the old time Irish/Italian/Catholic idea that you shouldn't be a rat. I would bet he grew up around some of the same ideas. But that has to go out the window when there are children getting abused.

Paterno knew.

Bugg, you got so many facts wrong there, as well made so many inferences, I could not start to correct you.

Paterno did not do more than a bare minimum, which is tragic. I would have loved to hear his side more, to try and understand why

I keep waiting for something--anything--to come out that clears Paterno, but absolutely nothing does, not even from his ****ed up zealot fanboys. If there was anything anybody could point to that even raises some doubt that Paterno didn't know about Sandusky, it'd be pushed out there by now. The guy is guilty, he's a sick **** and anyone taking the time to call him a "great man" should never be allowed within 500 feet of a child.

Bugg, you got so many facts wrong there, as well made so many inferences, I could not start to correct you.

Paterno did not do more than a bare minimum, which is tragic. I would have loved to hear his side more, to try and understand why

Paterno prided himself on knowing everything that was going on with his program and in State College. And yet now we are to believe that he had NO IDEA his #2 guy was doing these things. And further he dumped Sandusky for reasons never fully explained at a time when Sandusky was either due to move into the top job or move on to another school's top job. And that Sanduksy getting dumped untimely and mysteriously had nothing to do with any of this. And Paterno had no idea about the prior investigation, Sandusky apologizing to one boy's mother being caught on tape, 2 grand jury investigations. No he has no idea, right? And Sandusky, by all accounts a great defensive coach to the point he literally wrote the book on linebackers, never coached again in college or pro ever again nor even interviewed at a relatively young age because .....

Sorry. Paterno knew. Nothing else makes sense.

Paterno prided himself on knowing everything that was going on with his program and in State College. And yet now we are to believe that he had NO IDEA his #2 guy was doing these things. And further he dumped Sandusky for reasons never fully explained at a time when Sandusky was either due to move into the top job or move on to another school's top job. And that Sanduksy getting dumped untimely and mysteriously had nothing to do with any of this. And Paterno had no idea about the prior investigation, Sandusky apologizing to one boy's mother being caught on tape, 2 grand jury investigations. No he has no idea, right? And Sandusky, by all accounts a great defensive coach to the point he literally wrote the book on linebackers, never coached again in college or pro ever again nor even interviewed at a relatively young age because .....

Sorry. Paterno knew. Nothing else makes sense.

Bugg, I never said Paterno did not know. You just has SO MANY other facts wrong.

You said that he knew as early as 1991. Where did that come from? The earliest report is the 1998 Gricar incident. It has most recently been reported that Paterno was NOT aware of the 1998 incident (believe that if you will). You sad he knew for 2 decades. Even if he knew in 1998, that is not 2 decades

You claim that Paterno had interaction with the cops in this-There is ZERO indication of that. There WERE NOT 2 grand juries. You claim hundreds of boys may have been involved. That is greatly exaggerated number based on how many have come forward.\

This post is not to defend the inactions of Paterno, but to point to people who operate on a little knowledge and twist the facts to unknowing ends.

A horrible, horrible sityuation, but please know the facts before you get all twisted up. You are better than that

Archived