What could the Jets get for Sanchez?

LionelRichie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will grant these to be true

all that adds up to maybe a 6th. the trade market for this player is so bad, the jets can't even ask. In the Jets mind he's a possible great QB. in truth he's marginal to bad.

people talk about Charlie Whitehurst or Justin McAreins the difference is those players didn't have the stink of failure on them when they were traded. It's about timing. Santonio was worth a 5th and he's a much better player than Whitehurst.

There I'm going to have to disagree. Sanchez still has these things going for him: young, plays quarterback, early 1st round pick, 4 playoff wins despite his youth.

Sanchez has much, much higher value than Holmes. He's younger, doesn't have an attitude problem and plays a more important position. As Jets fans, some of you guys have lost perspective. Comparable players would be guys like Josh Freeman, Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford. Those guys could fetch a 1st rounder under the right circumstances.

At 6th, you're basically putting him on the level of guys like Brady Quinn (older and has never done *ANYTHING* in the league). I mean I think even Tavaris Jackson could go for more than a 6, so no way Sanchez wouldn't.

When Rex gets things back on track in 2012 and delivers those championships, it won't be you that looks like the fool and that will be worth waiting for

How many championships is he going to win in 2012? More than 1, ya think? Can you guarantee it for us, please. Lol

There I'm going to have to disagree. Sanchez still has these things going for him: young, plays quarterback, early 1st round pick, 4 playoff wins despite his youth.

Sanchez has much, much higher value than Holmes. He's younger, doesn't have an attitude problem and plays a more important position. As Jets fans, some of you guys have lost perspective. Comparable players would be guys like Josh Freeman, Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford. Those guys could fetch a 1st rounder under the right circumstances.

At 6th, you're basically putting him on the level of guys like Brady Quinn (older and has never done *ANYTHING* in the league). I mean I think even Tavaris Jackson could go for more than a 6, so no way Sanchez wouldn't.

Quinn and Jackson don't make the same money Sanchez does. It's a factor.

Josh Freeman has one outstanding statistical season under his belt, which is one more than Sanchez has. Plus his (theoretical) upside is higher because he's bigger, faster, has a stronger arm, and a significantly higher completion percentage. He has given a glimpse of what he could be in 2010 and some GM or HC could see only the upside of his 25 TD's / 6 INT season (which are no-joke awesome numbers). Sure he looked like he sucked in 2011 but he has a much better "See what I can do" season than Sanchez, who many if not most around the league feel went along for the ride behind a strong defense, running game, and special teams.

Bradford was the #1 pick in the country 2 years ago and wasn't merely a reach in a weak QB class like Sanchez. He had a super rookie season (and I can't remember one healthy receiver on that team anyone wants) and a terrible 2nd season (on a team that was terrible all around anyway). His upside is still there, or at a minimum people who aren't blind-homer Jets fans would see his potential upside as being far higher than Sanchez's.

Just my opinion as I'm not a competing team's GM, but I think his dream upside trade value - right now - is a #2 but only to Seattle (if Carroll even thinks highly of him at all anyway) and a #3 to others. His likely value is between a #4 and a #6. If you have friends outside the NYMA, who aren't Jets fans, pretty much everyone thinks he sucks.

Lastly, you have to assess which teams would value Mark Sanchez more than their current QB and then think what they would give up to get him. Potential teams (and at least half probably have zero interest) would include Washington, Oakland, Denver, KC, St Louis, Seattle, and that's probably it. Everyone else has their starter entrenched, has their QB of the future already on the team, or picks 1st in the draft. Now consider there are some good draft prospects that will cost $10M/year less for twice as long of a contract and few - if any - would fork over a #2 or a #3 for Sanchez.

Sanchez has much, much higher value than Holmes.

the issue is timing. if the Jets tried to trade Sanchez after last year's AFC CHamp loss they could get that 2 or 3. If the Steelers tried to trade Holmes after he was Super Bowl MVP they maybe get a 1 or 2? instead Holmes is suspended worth a 5 and Mark turned over the ball 27 times, worth maybe a 6th? it's about timing. the 4 playoff wins are old news. His tape last year is all that matters, and alot of that tape is terrible. He's the worst QB in the league under pressure and he's the worst on third down.

look at it from another team's perspective: trading for Mark Sanchez isn't solving your QB problem. It's taking the Jets QB problem off their hands.

If you have friends outside the NYMA, who aren't Jets fans, pretty much everyone thinks he sucks.

I wonder what we'd think of Mark Sanchez if he was the QB of the Dolphins instead of the Jets.

look at it from an NFL defensive back's point of view. Looking at the schedule week 1 they play the Pats and Brady, week 2 they play the Jets and Sanchez and week 3 they play the Saints and Brees. Which week is that DB looking for an interception? week 2 is like a week off for the other team's defensive backfield.

Archived