What could the Jets get for Sanchez?

LionelRichie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even that might be optimistic. He's due a 3 Million dollar roster bonus in a few weeks.

The Jets are just in a death roll with Sanchez, IMO. Either they fix him, hide him behind a prolific running game, or people start getting fired. I really can't imagine Woody lets Tannenbaum off the hook for this one if it goes from bad to worse.

The Jets are just in a death roll with Sanchez, IMO. Either they fix him, hide him behind a prolific running game, or people start getting fired. I really can't imagine Woody lets Tannenbaum off the hook for this one if it goes from bad to worse.

Tanny can't think clearly about Sanchez, his job is on the line.

btw how funny would it be if they fired Tanny but demoted him to accountant again and picked Clinks to run the team and be both him and Terry's boss?

it sounds like a sitcom. Rex can stop over and make jokes.

Tanny can't think clearly about Sanchez, his job is on the line.

btw how funny would it be if they fired Tanny but demoted him to accountant again and picked Clinks to run the team and be both him and Terry's boss?

it sounds like a sitcom. Rex can stop over and make jokes.

LOL Funny, horrifying, but likely. The Jets front office is a Rubik's Cube of ineptitude.

I would like you to consider the absolute truth behind that statement and then punch yourself in the face.

Truth sucks....but reality this 3 year run is as good as has been as a Jets fan. Now with Rex leading the way, we'll always be in the hunt......he's that good of a coach

good question and let's push that question further, what exactly does Mark do well. Arm strength? Accuracy? Mobility? leadership? What is the selling points for this player? he threw for 30+ TD yes and he turned the ball over almost as many times. There's not alot to build around.

I've asked this question many times. No one ever has an answer.

Truth sucks....but reality this 3 year run is as good as has been as a Jets fan. Now with Rex leading the way, we'll always be in the hunt......he's that good of a coach

Rexey is getting to be more Herm like each day gilligan

1) He stated he was not involved in any facet of offensive game plan

2) Caneman runs every aspect of specials

3) Now he wants to be INVOLVED with Defensive gameplanning in 2012

WTF was this idiot doing all year? making movies with Sandler and eating effen snacks

We have Herm part deux

Back to back AFC CHampionships and an 8-8 season....you do realize this is the best run this franchise ever had?

That doesn't make it good.

And they don't have back to back AFC Championships. They have back to back losses in an AFC Championship game. Subtle distinction, I know.

As long as Rex is here the defense will be good to great, and that's all that his presence guarantees. Which is cool.

As long as Rex is here the defense will be good to great, and that's all that his presence guarantees. Which is cool.

As long as you have a good to great defense, you'll be in the hunt.

Granted this team needs to retool, and it will probably take more than one draft to do so. But I have confidence in the FO...I understand you don't, but lets see how this pans out over the next few years

As long as you have a good to great defense, you'll be in the hunt.

Granted this team needs to retool, and it will probably take more than one draft to do so. But I have confidence in the FO...I understand you don't, but lets see how this pans out over the next few years

You realize that you're talking about giving Tannenbaum and Bradway a minimum of 12+ years on the job with no titles to show for it?

He still has great potential to be one of the best backup QBs in the NFL

Honestly? I dont think he has any present trade value.

If the NYJ could somehow go deep into the playoffs next season obviously his value goes up but we know the probability of that occuring is pretty low.

He is done here. The NYJ will let him playout his contract, he will continue to make Toyota comercials and troll for 18 year old girls in NJ and then move on.

good question and let's push that question further, what exactly does Mark do well. Arm strength? Accuracy? Mobility? leadership? What is the selling points for this player? he threw for 30+ TD yes and he turned the ball over almost as many times. There's not alot to build around.

Off the top of my head:

1. Operate the play action.

2. Throws well when out in space, good throwing it while on the run.

3. A good rusher in short situations, nose for the endzone

The only thing Sanchez has going for him, besides his knack for being in the company of women far more beautiful than he deserves, is that he's still only 25 and a lot of people think he wasn't handled well be the offensive coaching staff. All you need is ONE GM having a small stroke...

But I don't think the Jets are looking to let Sanchez go without someone big to replace him, so it's a moot point.

The NFL has clearly become a QB league and Sanchez is certainly not elite.

I have no idea of his value outsite the NYJets, I don't have any idea of his worth in a trade. Without turning this into a Sanchez debate, what could the Jets reasonably expect to get in return for Sanchez? a 3rd rd pick?

check the sig

nuff said

good luck Jon trying to discuss and speak rationally on this or most any other Jet topic

I tried but after much battering my head against the stone wall of self pity and negativity in vogue after this season, I've given up.

Pretty much decided to let them blubber and smirk on infinitum and just root for the NY Jets.

When Rex gets things back on track in 2012 and delivers those championships, it won't be you that looks like the fool and that will be worth waiting for

Unfortunately the team most likely to overpay for a QB already did last year, and has a new GM anyway

And it's not moot, I'd be shocked if we're not in the Manning sweepstakes

I hope you're right.. If we could sign Manning and get Seattles #1 and #2 Crusher would do fat cartwheels

Get Manning and get a couple mid/late rounders for O line depth and I would jiggle and giggle like Jell-o

The NFL has clearly become a QB league and Sanchez is certainly not elite.

I have no idea of his value outsite the NYJets, I don't have any idea of his worth in a trade. Without turning this into a Sanchez debate, what could the Jets reasonably expect to get in return for Sanchez? a 3rd rd pick?

I believe the kid as the ability to become a very good QB, but alot of that depends on Sanchez. I would not want to see Sanchez go, but if there was a trade, I see a first rounder and possibly a 2nd.....IMO

What about no picks, just Sanchez to the Seahawks for Earl Thomas straight up. QB is much more important in the NFL then FS, but if we were able to land Thomas that would help our D immensely.

Perhaps, considering he would be going tio his Cal partner/cheerleader coach Carroll.......

Rexey is getting to be more Herm like each day gilligan

1) He stated he was not involved in any facet of offensive game plan

2) Caneman runs every aspect of specials

3) Now he wants to be INVOLVED with Defensive gameplanning in 2012

WTF was this idiot doing all year? making movies with Sandler and eating effen snacks

We have Herm part deux

I guess that explains why we lost the Raiders game, Broncos Game and Giants Game.....I just don't get it. But lets see if anything has improved in 2012.

Off the top of my head:

1. Operate the play action.

2. Throws well when out in space, good throwing it while on the run.

3. A good rusher in short situations, nose for the endzone

I will grant these to be true

all that adds up to maybe a 6th. the trade market for this player is so bad, the jets can't even ask. In the Jets mind he's a possible great QB. in truth he's marginal to bad.

people talk about Charlie Whitehurst or Justin McAreins the difference is those players didn't have the stink of failure on them when they were traded. It's about timing. Santonio was worth a 5th and he's a much better player than Whitehurst.

Archived