What could the Jets get for Sanchez?

LionelRichie

The NFL has clearly become a QB league and Sanchez is certainly not elite.

I have no idea of his value outsite the NYJets, I don't have any idea of his worth in a trade. Without turning this into a Sanchez debate, what could the Jets reasonably expect to get in return for Sanchez? a 3rd rd pick?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL has clearly become a QB league and Sanchez is certainly not elite.

I have no idea of his value outsite the NYJets, I don't have any idea of his worth in a trade. Without turning this into a Sanchez debate, what could the Jets reasonably expect to get in return for Sanchez? a 3rd rd pick?

With a friendly contract maybe a 2nd, most likely a 3rd.

With his current contract not much if anything. Teams know the Jets would just release him if they needed to shed his cap number, no need to trade anything for him.

I'm sorry to say, right now, no team would give anything more than a 5th, if that. 56% completions for a QB who didn't throw down the field much, at all more like it, are not going to garner much interest. This does not mean that he can't get better but your question is right now.

Serious?

lol

imo, Seattle and Carrol is our best chance to get a 3.. most teams nothing

Yes, very serious. Starting caliber QB's carry great value in this league, regardless what a knee jerk reaction lunatic fringe fan base says about it.

Kevin Kolb, just last year garnered a high 2 and DRC.

This isn't even worth discussion, as this not the direction the Jets are taking.

Please no personal attacks.

A Carson Palmer who had not played for almost 2 years, was very mediocre when he most recently had played, carried a first round with a conditional 2nd in return.

You only need ONE trade partner.

Again, starting QB's carry value in terms of draft picks in return. Any history will tell you that.

Again, this is not a scenario the Jets will even see.

A Carson Palmer who had not played for almost 2 years, was very mediocre when he most recently had played, carried a first round with a conditional 2nd in return.

Again, starting QB's carry value in terms of draft picks in return. Any history will tell you that.

Wow your good. LOL

Palmer was a former pro bowl type player and everyone has agreed that the Raiders wayy over paid..

Kolb , Schaub, guys like that are overpaid for because of potential. Sanchez has what 52 starts of below average play? It's much more likely a team would be more pragmatic about him. Think about the # of QB's that are projected to go #1 stay in school and then drop once scouts have more film to pick over and find faults. That Kolb vs Sanchez right there..

imo, 0% chance we'd get a 1 for Sanchez.. let alone a 1 and a 2.. I'd highly doubt we even get a 2.

Palmer was a former pro bowl type player and everyone has agreed that the Raiders wayy over paid..

Kolb , Schaub, guys like that are overpaid for because of potential. Sanchez has what 52 starts of below average play? It's much more likely a team would be more pragmatic about him. Think about the # of QB's that are projected to go #1 stay in school and then drop once scouts have more film to pick over and find faults. That Kolb vs Sanchez right there..

imo, 0% chance we'd get a 1 for Sanchez.. let alone a 1 and a 2.. I'd highly doubt we even get a 2.

late 3rd at best

He was nothing close to a PB player in most recent history.

Many evaluators will tell you that 25 YO QB"s still carry potential.

All it takes is ONE trade partner.

All of this is moot.

All of this is moot.

Unfortunately the team most likely to overpay for a QB already did last year, and has a new GM anyway

And it's not moot, I'd be shocked if we're not in the Manning sweepstakes

I hope you're right.. If we could sign Manning and get Seattles #1 and #2 Crusher would do fat cartwheels

There is someone out there that would give you a 3rd round pick. Problem is, he isnt an unknown quanity that teams have only seen bits and pieces of, ala, Hasselbeck, Schaub, Kolb and Flynn. With those guys, you get the hope of and it drives their cost up.

Then you got guys like a Palmer, who everyone agreed the Raiders overpaid for but the thought was he was one of the greatest prospect of all time, who was living up to his end of bargin pre-injury but was stuck on a sh*tty team. Hope.

Sanchez getting traded isnt the same. The book is out on him and he sucks. But, he's a QB with a winning record. I could see 3rd rounder for him.

All of this is moot.

Well I agree with some of this, but it's not like Sanchez has any "wow" attributes (perfect size, cannon arm, super fast, etc) that would lead a trade partner to believe he was just put in a bad situation since he got drafted.

Furthermore, Sanchez would only be on the trade block if an obvious instant-replacement was brought in. So a draftee doesn't count and a Jason Campbell doesn't count. Obvious means we're paying someone else too much to stay on the bench (Manning, Flynn, other). In that case, the likely contract would lead to whole league knowing we don't have the cap space to keep both, and if push came to shove we would have no choice but to release him.

Same situation as with Pennington. If he lost his job to Clemens we could have found someone to trade with for him (maybe). But once Favre was here there was a small, fixed window of time to dump one or the other to get under the cap. So we ended up cutting him.

Likewise, I don't think anyone would offer anything big because they know if they wait it out they have to surrender nothing. It's probably worth it to not get into a bidding war and not have to give a new long-term contract before the first practice, but it isn't worth a high pick. Probably not anyway.

And Palmer's situation was also different because Palmer sat out. If he showed up to camp it's possible they would have cut him or let him go for much less. But by not showing up at all I don't think he was counting against their salary cap (since he wasn't going to draw a salary as a no-show). Therefore Cincy wasn't trapped. Therefore they could negotiate from a better position.

No, realistic with personal feelings set aside. The precedents are there.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), depending what side you are on, we will never know.

Palmer is not a precedent for Sanchez. Palmer was a proven commodity on the decline. Sanchez has proven next to nothing. The second the Jets make the call to officially put Mark on the block, any value you think think he has instantly drops. Let's be real--do you think any team in the league is calling the Jets right now asking about Sanchez's availability?

Palmer is not a precedent for Sanchez. Palmer was a proven commodity on the decline. Sanchez has proven next to nothing. The second the Jets make the call to officially put Mark on the block, any value you think think he has instantly drops. Let's be real--do you think any team in the league is calling the Jets right now asking about Sanchez's availability?

In other words, The Brooklyn Jet is a genius.

Thank you.

What could the Jets get for Sanchez?

They can get a whole bunch of things for him that he could really use, such as:

1. "Reading Defenses for Dummies"

2. Guidance chip

3. Testosterone

4. Psychotherapist

last year, when he won his 4th playoff game, maybe there was a 2nd or 3rd round market.

right now, there is no real trade market for Mark Sanchez. or not enough to make it worth while.

They could trade him to Washington or Miami for a 5th or 6th.

it's like selling a stock at a low. the market is what it is, based on current demand, not playoff win from last year.

Let's be real--do you think any team in the league is calling the Jets right now asking about Sanchez's availability?

good question and let's push that question further, what exactly does Mark do well. Arm strength? Accuracy? Mobility? leadership? What is the selling points for this player? he threw for 30+ TD yes and he turned the ball over almost as many times. There's not alot to build around.

Good question and let's push that question further, what exactly does Mark do well. Arm strength? Accuracy? Mobility? leadership? What is the selling points for this player? he threw for 30+ TD yes and he turned the ball over almost as many times. There's not alot to build around.

What's worse is that he's completely unsaleable to any other fanbase, not just because of the performance, but also because of the Holmes situation and the "lazy" comments. His image is absolutely ruined league-wide. If he's traded, it would be to a team like the 49ers with a QB guru like Harbaugh that thinks they can squeeze some potential out of him as a backup/project. Even then, no one's giving up more than a 4/5 for him.

Archived