Butterfingers Welker? Man this is funny.....

JonEJet

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/02/07/pawngo-does-its-best-to-ensure-a-drastic-drop-in-boston-business-with-classless-move/

Pawngo does its best to ensure a drastic drop in Boston business with classless move

pawngo-butterfingers.jpgWell, this has to be one of the most classless and ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. But, it actually happened. Amazingly.

An online pawnshop called “Pawngo,” which I’d never heard of before this, spent today doing a publicity stunt. They “delivered” 900 pounds of Butterfingers to Wes Welker, dropping the pile in the center of Copley Square.

The press release they me sent says the scene included “everyone in the area stop to take pictures, grab a bar, and have a laugh.” I highly doubt that.

Welker dropped a key pass on what would have been a difficult catch in Super Bowl XLVI, leaving him teary-eyed and heart-broken. I think there is no way Patriots fans — or anyone with a heart — thinks this is funny.

It is, in reality, pretty sick. That’s it to the right (Katherine Castro Photography). I wonder how many Boston-area shoppers will think twice about shopping at this place. Pretty lame, if you ask me.

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha...Oh man, that is great

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone needs a scapegoat, and the losers always stick to the "but if's" and "coulda beens".

Pat fans need to get off Welkers back and worry more about the fact that they only scored 17 pts on a senior citizen and surgically repaired secondary, despite having kept one of the best pass rushes in the league in check for 3 quarters.

Welker "dropped" a sh*t pass from the anointed one or else they would have won?

Nope... Belicheat and Shady Brady got beat by the Giants, end of story. But I'll admit it was funny watching Mr Cocky and that foo man choo douchebag cry.

Everyone needs a scapegoat, and the losers always stick to the "but if's" and "coulda beens".

Pat fans need to get off Welkers back and worry more about the fact that they only scored 17 pts on a senior citizen and surgically repaired secondary, despite having kept one of the best pass rushes in the league in check for 3 quarters.

Welker "dropped" a sh*t pass from the anointed one or else they would have won?

Nope... Belicheat and Shady Brady got beat by the Giants, end of story. But I'll admit it was funny watching Mr Cocky and that foo man choo douchebag cry.

If Welker makes a routine catch for any WR in the league on a ball that wasnt perfect but easy to catch, the Patriots are SB champs. If Manningham dropped a very difficult catch on a perfectly thrown ball, the Patriots are SB champs.

Its a double edge sword. Unfortunately for the extremely overrated not a real WR Wes Welker, he got a taste of the side that cuts.

If Welker makes a routine catch for any WR in the league on a ball that wasnt perfect but easy to catch, the Patriots are SB champs. If Manningham dropped a very difficult catch on a perfectly thrown ball, the Patriots are SB champs.

Its a double edge sword. Unfortunately for the extremely overrated not a real WR Wes Welker, he got a taste of the side that cuts.

But he laid a finger on it. :rl:

Ridiculous argument. Even IF Welker makes the catch they're still up 2 with 4 minutes left on the 25ish. How can you guarantee they score a TD?

It is a double edged sword.

IF Manningham didn't drop his first ball the Giants have a quick TD

IF Bradshaw broke an arm tackle he scored 7 in the first quarter

IF one of the 25 holds were called on the Patriots O-line the Giants have 20 sacks.

When did this become a game of If's? Theres a hundred what-if's that could have happened for each team every single game that could effect the outcome, why are we focused on just one of them while ignoring every other one in order to proclaim that the Pats WOULD have won? It's completely ridiculous and isn't a real argument.

Edit: I'm not singling you out either, I'm just speaking to the entire "IF" argument that choke artists like the Patriots/Red Sox fans love to live by

He had more than a finger. The ball was literally in his hands and he just dropped it. Choke. HUGE choke. Welker will forever be known as the guy who dropped the should be go ahead catch in the SB.

Yes, but that does not work for a Butterfingers slogan.

Ridiculous argument. Even IF Welker makes the catch they're still up 2 with 4 minutes left on the 25ish. How can you guarantee they score a TD?

It is a double edged sword.

IF Manningham didn't drop his first ball the Giants have a quick TD

IF Bradshaw broke an arm tackle he scored 7 in the first quarter

IF one of the 25 holds were called on the Patriots O-line the Giants have 20 sacks.

When did this become a game of If's? Theres a hundred what-if's that could have happened for each team every single game that could effect the outcome, why are we focused on just one of them while ignoring every other one in order to proclaim that the Pats WOULD have won? It's completely ridiculous and isn't a real argument.

Edit: I'm not singling you out either, I'm just speaking to the entire "IF" argument that choke artists like the Patriots/Red Sox fans love to live by

Not trying to take anything away from your team and victory but as a casual observer....if Welker makes that catch the Patriots are SB Champs.

It isnt a game of IF's, thats why the Giants are SB Champs. But, this is a story about Welker's drop - which means this is a conversation of "what if". ;-)

He had more than a finger. The ball was literally in his hands and he just dropped it. Choke. HUGE choke. Welker will forever be known as the guy who dropped the should be go ahead catch in the SB.

So just to recap, when Welker has to go spinning around and diving backwards for a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open, it is entirely his fault, but when Holmes doesn't bother to even try on the field, runs garbage routes, gets into arguments with numerous teammates and of course, drops balls even when they hit him perfectly in stride, he's completely blameless? Nothing like a little consistency.

But oh wait, I forgot, Holmes made a catch 4 years ago for a different team that makes him immune to criticism for the rest of his career.

So just to recap, when Welker has to go spinning around and diving backwards for a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open, it is entirely his fault, but when Holmes doesn't bother to even try on the field, runs garbage routes, gets into arguments with numerous teammates and of course, drops balls even when they hit him perfectly in stride, he's completely blameless? Nothing like a little consistency.

But oh wait, I forgot, Holmes made a catch 4 years ago for a different team that makes him immune to criticism for the rest of his career.

Holmes makes that catch in his sleep. If you think differently, you're lying to yourself.

Not trying to take anything away from your team and victory but as a casual observer....if Welker makes that catch the Patriots are SB Champs.

It isnt a game of IF's, thats why the Giants are SB Champs. But, this is a story about Welker's drop - which means this is a conversation of "what if". ;-)

Again, we're singling out one "dropped pass" (which IMO wasn't as much of a drop as it was a bad throw, but was definitely catchable) yet at the same time we're ignoring dozens of other possible things that could have happened just as probable the other way? And we're assuming that even IF he makes that catch, the patriots automatically score, and then stop Eli? Why is that one pass more important than every other thing that was likely to happen but didn't happen?

I'm just not understanding this logic, nor how it's even remotely relevant.

Oh yeah, because if there's anything we've seen out of Holmes these past two years, it's certainly sure-handedness.

http://www.nfl.com/v...chez-picked-off

I see there is a link here and its not working for me. My assumption is you are showing me the Eagles game. Which was a disaster for the entire Jets team especially Holmes. It happens. Peyton Manning once had 4 INT's in a Championship Game. He sucks too, huh?

Bottom line is, Holmes is asked to make circus like catches similar to what Welker had to do every time he takes the field because his QB sucks. Welker rarely has to move his hands away from the numbers on his jersey to make a catch because Brady is that good. The one time I've ever seen him have to make a so called "tough catch" (which is pretty routine for most WR's), he dropped it.

Holmes makes that catch 10 out of 10 times.

The link was the eagles game.

I do think it was catchable, but people are seriously over exaggerating how easy that catch was. In reality he was sprinting, turned sideways, spread out and falling backwards. It was not that easy of a catch IMO. Plus, who's to say he even holds on to that ball once he hits the ground?

Again, we're singling out one "dropped pass" (which IMO wasn't as much of a drop as it was a bad throw, but was definitely catchable) yet at the same time we're ignoring dozens of other possible things that could have happened just as probable the other way? And we're assuming that even IF he makes that catch, the patriots automatically score, and then stop Eli? Why is that one pass more important than every other thing that was likely to happen but didn't happen?

I'm just not understanding this logic, nor how it's even remotely relevant.

Hey, cool, I get it.

However, the article isnt about the fumbles that bounced the Giants way, or the 12 man on the field that actually helped them out, or the Bradshaw TD - its about Welker dropping a ball that hit him in his hands that a traditional WR or TE makes routinely. So, thats what I'm discussing in this thread.

Also, you are new here, but Welker has been a very popular topic. Many believe he's an elite WR. I think there are 20-30 guys I'd take over him. That play, that game, was the perfectly example of why.

Welker is over rated. Completely agreed, he just so happens to be Tom Brady's wet dream and fits into that "system" fairly well.

I'd take a TON of guys over him.

Also the 12 man comment is interesting. That rule seriously needs to be changed. There is absolutely nothing to stop every team in the league from doing what the Giants did with no time left when the clock doesn't get reset... it's actually brilliant strategy whether Coughlin intended it or not.

I think I was reading the other day that the only thing that would have stopped him from putting 13,14, or even 15 people on the field in that situation is that it would have then been an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Whereas 12 men can always look unintentional

Oh Really?

HOLOLMES.gif

Oh noes, Holmes dropped a pass...in a Monsoon!!!

LMFAO - like this means anything. Should I post a picture of his famous SB TD? lol

Pathetic.

Someone should post a gif of the TD catch he had vs. the Bills. That play was a perfect example of how he adjust in mid air and a catch Welker has never and will never make his life.

Yeah if it were a high pass that was thrown over his wrong shoulder, Holmes might have had an exuse. Hit him right in the hands on the run

The ball was wet. You can see the size of the rain drops in that gif.

Whatever, you guys win. lmfao

LMFAO - like this means anything. Should I post a picture of his famous SB TD? lol

Pathetic.

Someone should post a gif of the TD catch he had vs. the Bills. That play was a perfect example of how he adjust in mid air and a catch Welker has never and will never make his life.

The fact that every time the subject comes up you revert back to a TD catch he made 4 years ago for a different team should really tell you something. Did he catch that TD for the Jets? Nope, then I don't really give a ****. Should the Jets have run out and gotten David Tyree while they were at it too?

The point is there's plenty of examples of Holmes failures, you just choose to excuse him time and time again while another receiver not making a catch on an absolute garbage pass is completely on the receiver. Hell, just look at the Cleveland game in 2010, which is part of that 3 game stretch you love to suck him off for. It should have been over in regulation, but Holmes dropped the TD that would have given the Jets an 11 point lead and essentially ended the game, but instead they settled for a FG and Cleveland was able to force OT. Hell, for all the praise he gets for the play he made 15 minutes later, if not for Drew Coleman's great play to strip the ball from Stuckey in OT, Holmes would have cost the Jets that game with his drop.

But to tie it back into the thread topic, the whole point is that if you want to excuse Holmes over and over again for his garbage play because of Sanchez, then perhaps you have to consider that other WRs are also going to have issues when their QBs put a ball in the completely wrong spot when they are wide open. That's not say say Welker couldn't have still made the catch, but it was far from easy and from before he ever touched the ball, the fact was that Brady sure as hell could have thrown a hell of a lot better ball.

I thought the same thing. He calls that ball "easy to catch" when brady throws it, but if Sanchez threw the same exact pass it would have been a horrible throw.

The fact that every time the subject comes up you revert back to a TD catch he made 4 years ago for a different team should really tell you something. Did he catch that TD for the Jets? Nope, then I don't really give a ****. Should the Jets have run out and gotten David Tyree while they were at it too?

The point is there's plenty of examples of Holmes failures, you just choose to excuse him time and time again while another receiver not making a catch on an absolute garbage pass is completely on the receiver. Hell, just look at the Cleveland game in 2010, which is part of that 3 game stretch you love to suck him off for. It should have been over in regulation, but Holmes dropped the TD that would have given the Jets an 11 point lead and essentially ended the game, but instead they settled for a FG and Cleveland was able to force OT. Hell, for all the praise he gets for the play he made 15 minutes later, if not for Drew Coleman's great play to strip the ball from Stuckey in OT, Holmes would have cost the Jets that game with his drop.

But to tie it back into the thread topic, the whole point is that if you want to excuse Holmes over and over again for his garbage play because of Sanchez, then perhaps you have to consider that other WRs are also going to have issues when their QBs put a ball in the completely wrong spot when they are wide open. That's not say say Welker couldn't have still made the catch, but it was far from easy and from before he ever touched the ball, the fact was that Brady sure as hell could have thrown a hell of a lot better ball.

Homles is routinely asked to make circus catches. Does it all the time. Did it for the Steelers, does it for the Jets.

Welker is never asked to make a tough catch. One time he was, on the biggest stage and choked.

Holmes >>>> Welker

Holmes makes that catch in his sleep. Reference all the drops you want. I could reference Welker being the 2nd in the league in drops last season. And then we can just go back and forth. Great fun.

But, you know, I know, everyone knows, Holmes makes that catch, 10 out of 10 times.

I thought the same thing. He calls that ball "easy to catch" when brady throws it, but if Sanchez threw the same exact pass it would have been a horrible throw.

Throw was a little off but was still pretty much a routine catch for an "elite" WR with "sure hands".

Pathetic.

You're losing this argument JiF.

Archived