Butterfingers Welker? Man this is funny.....

JonEJet

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Sanchez throws that pass you wouldnt be calling it a little off, you would be calling for his head.

Nope. I'd say, that ball was slightly off but should have been caught. lol

It's when the ball goes through Holmes hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YizInnc1KKw

Cool. I'm going to start posting pictures of all time greats who drop balls. lol

Peyton Manning sucks too!!! Remember that AFCCG he threw 4 picks?

lmfao - this is fun

Nope. I'd say, that ball was slightly off but should have been caught. lol

Cool. I'm going to start posting pictures of all time greats who drop balls. lol

Peyton Manning sucks too!!! Remember that AFCCG he threw 4 picks?

lmfao - this is fun

Your argument was Holmes doesn't drop that ball. Evidence shows he does. You lost and now you're just being a sore loser.

Your argument was Holmes doesn't drop that ball. Evidence shows he does. You lost and now you're just being a sore loser.

No I'm not, I already admitted you guys win. Holmes drops that ball. For sure. You convniced me. Congrats. I'm stupid. Holmes sucks. We should cut him and keep our awesome Qb.

http://www.bostonher...classless-move/

Pawngo does its best to ensure a drastic drop in Boston business with classless move

pawngo-butterfingers.jpgWell, this has to be one of the most classless and ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. But, it actually happened. Amazingly.

An online pawnshop called “Pawngo,” which I’d never heard of before this, spent today doing a publicity stunt. They “delivered” 900 pounds of Butterfingers to Wes Welker, dropping the pile in the center of Copley Square.

The press release they me sent says the scene included “everyone in the area stop to take pictures, grab a bar, and have a laugh.” I highly doubt that.

Welker dropped a key pass on what would have been a difficult catch in Super Bowl XLVI, leaving him teary-eyed and heart-broken. I think there is no way Patriots fans — or anyone with a heart — thinks this is funny.

It is, in reality, pretty sick. That’s it to the right (Katherine Castro Photography). I wonder how many Boston-area shoppers will think twice about shopping at this place. Pretty lame, if you ask me.

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha...Oh man, that is great

Speaking of butterfingers. The only reason why the Pats were in the SB was because of a TD drop by a Ravens WR then a shank by the kicker. The Giants simply match up well against the Pats. Thats just what it is. The catch that Wes missed was a pretty difficult one to bring down. It was behind him and he had to turn 360 degrees to even have a chance.

Pats fans are really going in on this guy. Its sad that no one is talking about the pass that Brady threw to far out on the sideline to Branch and he couldnt get his feet down in order to complete the catch and stop the clock.

Wes dropped the ball, but he didnt lose the SB, the patriots did that as a team. They wouldnt have even had the opportunity if Bradshaw knew how to take a knee on the 1 yard line.

So just to recap, when Welker has to go spinning around and diving backwards for a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open, it is entirely his fault, but when Holmes doesn't bother to even try on the field, runs garbage routes, gets into arguments with numerous teammates and of course, drops balls even when they hit him perfectly in stride, he's completely blameless? Nothing like a little consistency.

But oh wait, I forgot, Holmes made a catch 4 years ago for a different team that makes him immune to criticism for the rest of his career.

I think I'm one of those this is directed at, and I think that play is 80% on Brady and 20% on Welker. Would have been a hell of a catch and there was no earthly reason for it to require those acrobatics in the first place. The pass was garbage. It "hit" his hands after Welker contorted himself backwards into the opposite direction he was facing and running. The pass to Manningham actually hit his hands where it was expected to go. No way I would give Sanchez a hard time for his crappy passes and let Gaydy slide.

If the pass goes where it should have - which Brady makes 95% of the time in that situation - there is no discussion here.

I think I'm one of those this is directed at, and I think that play is 80% on Brady and 20% on Welker. Would have been a hell of a catch and there was no earthly reason for it to require those acrobatics in the first place. The pass was garbage. It "hit" his hands after Welker contorted himself backwards into the opposite direction he was facing and running. The pass to Manningham actually hit his hands where it was expected to go. No way I would give Sanchez a hard time for his crappy passes and let Gaydy slide.

Just to be clear, that really was directed solely at JiF, no subtle shots at anyone else intended. My point wasn't that Sanchez's sh*tty throws don't deserve plenty of blame for a number of the Jets passing woes due to their sh*ttiness, but was rather pointing out the contradiction by JiF, since he endlessly defends Holmes even when he's clearly at fault, while it's apparently all Welker's fault that he didn't catch a sh*tty pass from Brady. It was more a point of the over-defense of Holmes vs the excessive blame of Welker as opposed to anything regarding the criticism of our crappy QB.

This. JIF is the Smashmouth of Santonio drops... unwavering denial of that which has been proven over and over.

There's really no point to this whole discussion. I like the original post, but JIF is making every thread he can into the JIF's take on the Wes Welker drop discussion. Lame.

I never called Bill Belichick a genius,

Cause I remember when he coached the Browns,

He was such a failure up in Cleveland,

The franchise folded up and left the town,

I never said Tom Brady was a hero,

Cause I remember him at Michigan,

Bringing Gatorade to Brian Griese,

Except for garbage time when he got in,

So wasn't it a little shady when this quarterback named Brady,

Suddenly became a mega star,

Wasn't it a bit confusing when this coach who's used to losing,

Earned the reputation that he's smart,

When you know which plays are coming, it can make a coach look cunning,

And make an average quarterback elite,

Cheating's how they got their glory, it's the true deceitful story,

Of Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat,

The tabloids say they've cheated on their girlfriends,

And someone should review their SATs,

The IRS should look into their taxes,

And their colleges should check out their degrees,

Mangini knew the tricks that they were using,

So he convinced the Jets to turn them in,

Cause he was getting sick and tired of losing,

To a team that has to cheat to win,

But Brady's made a lot of money and he's scored a lot of honeys,

By showing off his championship rings,

Bill's been praised because he's clever, and called the greatest ever,

And lived with all the luxuries that brings,

But let's confiscate their Sony's, and expose them both as phonies,

And see how many teams that they can beat,

Some would say it won't be any, if it is, it won't be many,

Poor Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat,

No more lucky play selection, into proper blitz protection,

For Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat,

Cause cheating's how they got their glory, it's the true deceitful story,

Of Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat ...

great wr's never lead the league in drops, most of his catches are 5 yds from LOS as well

Roddy White led the league with 15 drops. You are saying you do not want his 100 catches-1296 yards?

Dwayne Bowe was tied for second with 12. The Jets do not need 81 catches-1159 yards?

It is funny how you think he is playing catch with Brady and that there are not any external factors. I find it mroe disturbing Roddy White has drops when he operates in open space mroe than Wes who had five drops this year.

The lunacy of your argument is because he could not corral in a pass that was above him he sucks.

You are making like the drop was similar to tha Cowboy drop back in the 70s where the player was standing and wide open. Wes was running, had to adjust to the pass that was high, luckily got his hands on it to even make a complete possible.

Roddy White led the league with 15 drops. You are saying you do not want his 100 catches-1296 yards?

Dwayne Bowe was tied for second with 12. The Jets do not need 81 catches-1159 yards?

It is funny how you think he is playing catch with Brady and that there are not any external factors. I find it mroe disturbing Roddy White has drops when he operates in open space mroe than Wes who had five drops this year.

The lunacy of your argument is because he could not corral in a pass that was above him he sucks.

You are making like the drop was similar to tha Cowboy drop back in the 70s where the player was standing and wide open. Wes was running, had to adjust to the pass that was high, luckily got his hands on it to even make a complete possible.

a great WR makes that catch EZ, it was far from a great throw, he is out of his element that far from LOS, he is a slot guy, catching many short passes

a great WR makes that catch EZ, it was far from a great throw, he is out of his element that far from LOS, he is a slot guy, catching many short passes

Megatron would have been lucky to make that catch.

You can not say it was "not a great pass" and still throw Wes under the bus.

First, he was in the slot and ran an inside seam route.

Second, ideally Brady would have thrown inside, but the Giants safety was breaking on the ball.

So Brady had to throw it to his outside shoulder and the pass was not great.

I agree he is not a guy that is best outside the hash marks. However, you saying he is limited beyond the 5 is ridiculous. His limitation is not his talent, it is his height.

Megatron would have been lucky to make that catch.

You can not say it was "not a great pass" and still throw Wes under the bus.

First, he was in the slot and ran an inside seam route.

Second, ideally Brady would have thrown inside, but the Giants safety was breaking on the ball.

So Brady had to throw it to his outside shoulder and the pass was not great.

I agree he is not a guy that is best outside the hash marks. However, you saying he is limited beyond the 5 is ridiculous. His limitation is not his talent, it is his height.

Not saying Welker is any good, he aint a great one, davon Bess would be making same # of catches in this short pass happy O

Brady did not make a great throw, rodgers or eli hit him in stride. I dont blame welker for loss. Brady just isnt that good. He is very overrated, his 4qtr stats were awful and he

stunk in Ravens game.

Not saying Welker is any good, he aint a great one, davon Bess would be making same # of catches in this short pass happy O

Brady did not make a great throw, rodgers or eli hit him in stride. I dont blame welker for loss. Brady just isnt that good. He is very overrated, his 4qtr stats were awful and he

stunk in Ravens game.

Of course they would. :yawn:

Aaron looked really accurate when they lost three weeks ago. Peyton struggled when the 49ers took away Cruz.

I understand your hatred of the Patriots but your arguments have no merit.

He sucks because he missed a bad pass.

Of course they would. :yawn:

Aaron looked really accurate when they lost three weeks ago. Peyton struggled when the 49ers took away Cruz.

I understand your hatred of the Patriots but your arguments have no merit.

He sucks because he missed a bad pass.

Ya think the 3 week layoff and his good friend losing his son that week, didnt hurt, Arod is 5X > Brady not close

This. JIF is the Smashmouth of Santonio drops... unwavering denial of that which has been proven over and over.

There's really no point to this whole discussion. I like the original post, but JIF is making every thread he can into the JIF's take on the Wes Welker drop discussion. Lame.

WTF? lol Ive kept my Welker comments to the Welker threads. You know, like this one.

Man if I have learned anything since Sunday night it's this: Boston fans are spoiled fickle babies-sorry guys but look at what has been happening up there since they lost-man if the Jets at least just MADE it the Super Bowl we'd be pretty damn happy and I doubt we'd riot "protecting the team's name" if we lost

Archived