So... Are we done in FA now or will we continue?

GREENBEAN

As the smoke starts to settle slightly from the Tebow signing, do you think the Jets have completed their search for help through FA?

I like the Landry signing, but am a little bit worried about his health. If that's all we did this off season, I will be unhappy.

I am hoping they sign Atogwe. If they do that, I will be satisfied, but would also really like to see SOMEONE brought in to at least compete for the RT job.

Similar to how the Jets handed to keys to Sanchez, they have done the same thing for Hunter. I'm not sure he can't get better playing there, but it sure would be nice to get someone in to give him a challenge. What if he gets hurt etc?

The draft is the draft, and I have a feeling we will do some positive things there, but I am hoping they are not sitting back lighting cigars after the big splash they just made.

The Tebow signing is all we need. Tim Tebow's leadership will transform the entire team into Pro Bowl calibur players. We should just all of our draft picks back to the NFL because Tim Tebow's impact will be felt on our entire roster. Bart Scott will regain the ability to cover Tight Ends so he'll become a 3 down player again all because of Tim Tebow's intangibles rubbing off on him. We all saw it with the Dolphins and Chargers last year and even with our own Santonio Holmes. After Tim Tebow comes into contact with your team/troubled player all of a sudden POOF his leadership makes you start winning games and catching touchdown passes again. Don't doubt Tim Tebow's leadership here. I have accepted Tim Tebow's love into my heart, have you?

Let the whining commence, but the Jets are going to give Ducasse every opportunity to win the starting RT job.

They are light on FA money, and I have a feeling that they're going to hold onto most of it and look for bargains when teams start cutting players in the summer.

The Tebow signing is all we need. Tim Tebow's leadership will transform the entire team into Pro Bowl calibur players. We should just all of our draft picks back to the NFL because Tim Tebow's impact will be felt on our entire roster. Bart Scott will regain the ability to cover Tight Ends so he'll become a 3 down player again all because of Tim Tebow's intangibles rubbing off on him. We all saw it with the Dolphins and Chargers last year and even with our own Santonio Holmes. After Tim Tebow comes into contact with your team/troubled player all of a sudden POOF his leadership makes you start winning games and catching touchdown passes again. Don't doubt Tim Tebow's leadership here. I have accepted Tim Tebow's love into my heart, have you?

Back to the point. There was genuine interest in Vernon Carey wasn't there? I'm not too familiar with how great of a RT he is but anyone is better than Hunter, right?

I think OJ would be a great signing.

Let the whining commence, but the Jets are going to give Ducasse every opportunity to win the starting RT job.

They are light on FA money, and I have a feeling that they're going to hold onto most of it and look for bargains when teams start cutting players in the summer.

Slats we said that last year ..... O-line man were cut..... the Jets signed none of them and had 8-10 mil to spend. What makes you think this year will be any different on the offensive side of the ball ?

It's not the worst plan to wait for bargains when you don't have money. The problem with it, is there are no guarantees. Guys we could use are out there right now. Atogwe being one.

The RT position is so important to everyting else they are trying to do on offense and could destry everything. I have a hard time believing that they won't even address it and leave it as is. I simply won't believe it. I WON'T!!!!! :D

Slats we said that last year ..... O-line man were cut..... the Jets signed none of them and had 8-10 mil to spend. What makes you think this year will be any different on the offensive side of the ball ?

How did it work out last year?

I guess I just have a little bit of confidence that they can learn from past mistakes.

How did it work out last year?

I guess I just have a little bit of confidence that they can learn from past mistakes.

I hope your right Slats .... But for a team thats focusing on G&P is kind of funny they let a player like Winston get signed for under 6 mil per. He would have solidified the RT position for at least 5 years Instead we are probably looking at a Ducasse/Hunter battle which makes me want to :puke:

Archived