Dear Jets fans who attack other jets fan just cause they are new and like Tebow

BornJetsFan1983

I've been a Jet fan for 40 years and welcome anyone who would like to be a fan too. I don't believe a 'true' fan has to suffer through the hard times...they just have to stick with the team which many of these new Tebow followers will not do. They are Tebow fans first and Jet fans second. That's the big difference. A true Jet fan's allegiance will stay with the team no matter who comes or goes. I suffered through years of humiliation, frustration, below zero games when our team already has 10 losses. I've moved to NC and found a bar where 20-30 other Jet fans get together for each game. I am and will always be a Jet fan.

I am a tebow fan first I will admit. I was also raised by my mom watching Broncos every sunday so I know what it's like to be a real fan and watch every game through the hard times and the good. I will always be a Broncos fan first. Tebow had such an effect on me that I will now support him and any team he plays for. Now that he is traded I support the Jets. It might make me half a fan but it doesn't mean I don't know what it's like to be a real one.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely spot on - I have a friend who is a New England Patriot fan who is a huge Tebow fan - now he is interested in the Jets and the Tebow experiment. It's great - these guys who think they you have to be crucified to the cross to be true fan or else you're not is ridiculous. Tebow has the potential to be an integral part of this team both as an influence and a player. That's the way it is - some fans follow the team, some stay in the city ( Brooklyn vs Giants vs Yankees vs La, etc) some follow a personality. Tebow and the Jets is gold - I just hope they succede and shut these whiners up.

I've never understood idolizing a single athlete. He's another guy who's good at sports. But, he's just some dude who has no idea who you are and you worship him. Same reason I've never understood having a favorite Golfer or Tennis player. Can't understand being a fan of one person.

I've never understood idolizing a single athlete. He's another guy who's good at sports. But, he's just some dude who has no idea who you are and you worship him. Same reason I've never understood having a favorite Golfer or Tennis player. Can't understand being a fan of one person.

I never understood idolizing anyone or anything.

Being hurtful was not my intention, being honest was. What of what I said isn't true?

You know what you did. Think back to how you were feeling when you wrote it. That's what I'm talking about.

We have had the offseason from hell. We don't need someone new coming on our little board and being mean and reminding us of everything that happened in this, the worst offseason in recent memory just to make a point.

be nice and you will make friends here. Talking about the Jets org shortcomings on day two is just mean.

I'm extrememly sensitive and you hurt my feelings. [-X

Archived