Dear Jets fans who attack other jets fan just cause they are new and like Tebow

BornJetsFan1983

I been reading over and hearing cocky little religious remarks made by so called Jet fans about other Jet fans. I mean so Tebow has a following of Christians that now support the Jets, so what? He also has a bunch of guys who will cheer for the Jets because they think he's just a good role model does charity work etc. Some like him because he doesn't rape girls or shoot people. But Tebow has become a jet and this guys following has come over to the Green and White, certain guys try to belittle them, saying they are not true fans because Tebow is what? a backup, was a bronco, christian? give me a break. Sanchez brought about bunch oh his following to New York, so did Rex, so did any number of player we have had on the roster and guys from other teams. But I don't remember all the attacks on people who just want to support the team. Sure maybe some dirty Sanchez jokes happened but not racist jokes about mexican fans. But that's what we have here, people who want to talk crap about other fans, make little stupid jokes about their religion.

So to all the a$$hole fans who want to attack the new guys because they like Tebow. **** you

Sincerely,

P.S. I for say welcome to the team, most of us a loyal and are not complete assholes like the few jetfans you might have already encountered, most of them have been jets fans for like 3 years.

P.P.S. But just because you shouldn't get attacked for joining the green and white fan-club, don't expect your boy Tebow to be given a free pass if he doesn't perform. It takes all of a new-york second for jet fans to see one play and determine a player sucks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To become a fan of a team one must pay the price. Lots sweat and tears and broken remote controls. Lots of suffering. One's bones must be made. So one does not become a Jets fan because Tebow comes to town. That's a insult to the Jets fans who have been through the ringer for years and years. One can be a Tebow fan, but he certainly is not a Jets fan.

In fact, that was one of my concerns if he came to Miami. All of a sudden there would be all these pseudo Dolphin fans. Gimme a break.

They're Tebow fans, not Jets fans...just like the Favre crowd that jumped to the Jets, then the Vikings. Their fandom is just as real as anyone else, and more power to them for being Tebow fans...but that's what they are. Nothing wrong with that, but that IS what they are. Tebow fans. Tebow just so happens to be a Jet now, so they'll pull for the Jets. I'm sure you have no problem calling someone who's a fan of whatever team is good a bandwagon fan and not a Cowboys fan one year, then a Packers fan the next, then a Patriots fan the next -- so on and so forth. These guys and girls AREN'T bandwagon fans, but they aren't Jets fans either.

That's just how it is. If you disagree then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

They're Tebow fans, not Jets fans...just like the Favre crowd that jumped to the Jets, then the Vikings. Their fandom is just as real as anyone else, and more power to them for being Tebow fans...but that's what they are. Nothing wrong with that, but that IS what they are. Tebow fans. Tebow just so happens to be a Jet now, so they'll pull for the Jets. I'm sure you have no problem calling someone who's a fan of whatever team is good a bandwagon fan and not a Cowboys fan one year, then a Packers fan the next, then a Patriots fan the next -- so on and so forth. These guys and girls AREN'T bandwagon fans, but they aren't Jets fans either.

That's just how it is. If you disagree then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That pretty much sums it up, well said. And considering this is a Jets fan message board that already has far more than enough Tebow discussion at is it, these Tebow fans showing up here is going to rub some people the wrong way, it's just the reality of the situation.

That pretty much sums it up, well said. And considering this is a Jets fan message board that already has far more than enough Tebow discussion at is it, these Tebow fans showing up here is going to rub some people the wrong way, it's just the reality of the situation.

Funniest thing of all? Some are Jets fans for a 2nd time. I seriously know of 3 or 4 people here at school that jumped to the Jets to follow Favre, then to the Vikings. When he retired, they became Tebow fans, and followed him to the Jets. I mean...we can't say they aren't loyal, I guess.

I was trying to explain it to one of the girls yesterday, who said it'd mean the same to her if the Jets won the Super Bowl as it would to me. I said she was wrong. It will mean more to HER if Tim Tebow wins a Super Bowl than it would to me if Tim Tebow won a Super Bowl. Much more. But the Jets winning will mean far more to me than the Jets winning, or any team in any sport for that matter, could ever mean to her. If Tebow moves on, I won't be concerned with how he does, and she won't be concerned with how the Jets are. Just how it is.

I don't mind new fans. Most of us welcome them but Trolls I can't stand ...

I even posted proof that some folks were registering to troll on our forum.

Regardless if they are going to become passionate fans welcome , if not go back to Denver.

If you wanna root for my team for ANY reason, I welcome it. Go Jets!!

Stop looking for ways to differentiate yoursleves from others based on what "type" of fan they are, just revel in your likeness instead of always looking for ways to disassociate yourselves based on petty differences. This goes for everything in life, not just being a Jets fan. Grow up already.

BG, a very few of them might be, but most of the "Tebow fans" that are showing up, aren't really Tebow fans. Their just Trolls playing stereo typical roles to stir crap.

BG, a very few of them might be, but most of the "Tebow fans" that are showing up, aren't really Tebow fans. Their just Trolls playing stereo typical roles to stir crap.

Very good point, which is obviously just making matters worse, not just for JN posters, but also for those real "new fans" who are showing up and not trying to cause trouble.

To become a fan of a team one must pay the price. Lots sweat and tears and broken remote controls. Lots of suffering. One's bones must be made. So one does not become a Jets fan because Tebow comes to town. That's a insult to the Jets fans who have been through the ringer for years and years. One can be a Tebow fan, but he certainly is not a Jets fan.

In fact, that was one of my concerns if he came to Miami. All of a sudden there would be all these pseudo Dolphin fans. Gimme a break.

Totally true and the way I feel. I'll talk to these people with respect when they look up who Browning Nagle, Blair Thomas, and Kyle Brady were. Theres too much hurt and sweat we've endured to welcome bandwagoning douches only preaching about Tebow, and the NY Tebows for god's sake. Also, I love the guy who said, so "Fill me in on what its like to be a Jet fan"...priceless.

We all need a come to Tebow moment. There is no need for this infighting. If we just accept Timmy as the savior of this franchise, city, and fans we can all move on and rejoice in the amazing spectical that is Tebow.

This cat is the actual Tebow, I am sure.

Well said. I will be honest, I do follow Tebow and honestly I wasn't to happy that he was traded to the Jets, I wanted him in Jacksonville. Then I started hearing that the Jacksonville coaches really didn't want him but the Jets coaches REALLY WANTED Tebow. That gave me some appreciation for the Jets. I actually started following the Jets when Sanchez got drafted by you guys. Do you want to know why? I HATE Pete Caroll and he told Sanchez that he wasn't ready for the pros and Sanchez basically told him to F off and went pro anyway after his junior year. THAT's why I started paying attention to the Jets. With Tebow there it's just an added bonus. I really don't care for the NFL, I am a college football guy. But I do keep up with the Jets to see how Sanchez is doind and I would watch the Broncos to see how Tim would do. Now that both are on the same team, I only need to watch 1 NFL game instead of two....lol

I been reading over and hearing cocky little religious remarks made by so called Jet fans about other Jet fans. I mean so Tebow has a following of Christians that now support the Jets, so what? He also has a bunch of guys who will cheer for the Jets because they think he's just a good role model does charity work etc. Some like him because he doesn't rape girls or shoot people. But Tebow has become a jet and this guys following has come over to the Green and White, certain guys try to belittle them, saying they are not true fans because Tebow is what? a backup, was a bronco, christian? give me a break. Sanchez brought about bunch oh his following to New York, so did Rex, so did any number of player we have had on the roster and guys from other teams. But I don't remember all the attacks on people who just want to support the team. Sure maybe some dirty Sanchez jokes happened but not racist jokes about mexican fans. But that's what we have here, people who want to talk crap about other fans, make little stupid jokes about their religion.

So to all the a$$hole fans who want to attack the new guys because they like Tebow. **** you

Sincerely,

P.S. I for say welcome to the team, most of us a loyal and are not complete assholes like the few jetfans you might have already encountered, most of them have been jets fans for like 3 years.

P.P.S. But just because you shouldn't get attacked for joining the green and white fan-club, don't expect your boy Tebow to be given a free pass if he doesn't perform. It takes all of a new-york second for jet fans to see one play and determine a player sucks

If this sort of thing bothers you, maybe you should refrain from your own snarky political comments.

BIg deal if people are jumping on board the Jet, because Tim Tebow is now on the team. Ive been a die hard fan for the past 10yrs traveling hours to be at home games. Im glad they brought Tebow in. Now with all the talk about Band Wagon-ers, JUST PICTURE when we win the superbowl how many people gonna join the forum. season tix holder sec 113 Go JETS. KEEP IT POSITIVE! go back to the mind set we had in 2009, marks rookie year. ground n pound. we were not that good but we beat the crap outta teams.

Actually, it is really all about scar tissue. The band wagoners will never have the required angst and deep scars. You need to put in your work with this team or get the $#%! out.

You're not a real jet fan until you can recite the time they first broke your heart.

If this sort of thing bothers you, maybe you should refrain from your own snarky political comments.

what? your snarky. nice post bro, how long you been waiting to say something to me try and talk about your ignorant political thoughts?

Look snarks, I'm just saying fans should welcome these tebow guys and not take religious cheap shots on them. People shouldn't dislike Tebow fans anymore than the Sanchez fans we had, or the Parcel fans that came, hell the Pennington fans etc., that's the point genius.I mean you might be for it but whatever man, do what you want.

what? your snarky. nice post bro, how long you been waiting to say something to me try and talk about your ignorant political thoughts?

Look snarks, I'm just saying fans should welcome these tebow guys and not take religious cheap shots on them. People shouldn't dislike Tebow fans anymore than the Sanchez fans we had, or the Parcel fans that came, hell the Pennington fans etc., that's the point genius.I mean you might be for it but whatever man, do what you want.

I'm not interested in talking with you.

Max put up a thread specifying no religious talk. He doesn't need your help, except that he'd like the political talk reigned in, too. If you're gonna get preachy about one, you should follow your own example on the other. That simple.

Archived