Dear Jets fans who attack other jets fan just cause they are new and like Tebow

BornJetsFan1983

what? your snarky. nice post bro, how long you been waiting to say something to me try and talk about your ignorant political thoughts?

Look snarks, I'm just saying fans should welcome these tebow guys and not take religious cheap shots on them. People shouldn't dislike Tebow fans anymore than the Sanchez fans we had, or the Parcel fans that came, hell the Pennington fans etc., that's the point genius.I mean you might be for it but whatever man, do what you want.

If a new poster comes on here because he is a fan of the football player Tim Tebow, sweet welcome aboard, but if every single post refrences, Tebow the savior, blessed to have Tebow, add any other post refrencing Tebow, and a post with a religious phrase, whether it be obvious or an I see what you did there post, then F off this is a football forum, check your religion at the door or IMO u should be banned immediately for trolling Tebow in a religious manner, and ridicule should be encouraged to these message spreading freaks.

I am not a 50 post a day guy, but I'm here often enough and post a couple times a week, I'm not saying I'm leaving, but I will be more scarce after tonight until the Tebow religious followers stop trolling, and or Tebow is no longer a Jet.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I been reading over and hearing cocky little religious remarks made by so called Jet fans about other Jet fans. I mean so Tebow has a following of Christians that now support the Jets, so what? He also has a bunch of guys who will cheer for the Jets because they think he's just a good role model does charity work etc. Some like him because he doesn't rape girls or shoot people. But Tebow has become a jet and this guys following has come over to the Green and White, certain guys try to belittle them, saying they are not true fans because Tebow is what? a backup, was a bronco, christian? give me a break. Sanchez brought about bunch oh his following to New York, so did Rex, so did any number of player we have had on the roster and guys from other teams. But I don't remember all the attacks on people who just want to support the team. Sure maybe some dirty Sanchez jokes happened but not racist jokes about mexican fans. But that's what we have here, people who want to talk crap about other fans, make little stupid jokes about their religion.

So to all the a$$hole fans who want to attack the new guys because they like Tebow. **** you

Sincerely,

P.S. I for say welcome to the team, most of us a loyal and are not complete assholes like the few jetfans you might have already encountered, most of them have been jets fans for like 3 years.

P.P.S. But just because you shouldn't get attacked for joining the green and white fan-club, don't expect your boy Tebow to be given a free pass if he doesn't perform. It takes all of a new-york second for jet fans to see one play and determine a player sucks

Dude, please take it from JetsFanBorn1973 that, whether or not Timmy is to blame, he has become an icon, a champion if you will, an gold-mine of an NFL "connection", for a certain group of activists with motivations that are socio-political and have nothing to do with football. Maybe not all of them, maybe not the ones he knows personally, but believe me they are there, in full force. Not to mention that we just don't like Johnny-come-lately fans and all the "blood,sweat,tears" replies apply.

But dude, there are many "movements", "activist groups" whatever you want to call them operating daily and their primary function is to exploit and manipulate people, places, and events in an effort to push their given agenda, in this case, it is the right-wing, religious groups, many of whom are anything but Godly that use religion and more specifically they use the threat of eternal damnation which religion carries to, again, move their agenda.........abortion, Gay marraige, stem-cell.....whatever......and it goes deeper, but the point is, as trivial as those things MAY seem to some, these issues are ALL these groups DO. OK, with me so far?

Now, what do you need more than anything if you want to forward an agenda?? Money. Yes. and also you need exposure and endorsement, just like anything. Well now they have struck gold! They have a football "star" based right in the Big Apple...holy sh*t! The religious right just went prime time!! Do you know how much a one minute commercial is during the superbowl? I'm sure you've heard the numbers. Do you know how much Mike pays a star athlete to "endorse" their product (in this case agenda)?? A lot. Well, I would say that kneeling before God and saying you are celebate (spell check please) and that all you want to do MORE THAN FOOTBALL is save souls, which is EXACTLY WHAT THEY CLAIM TO DO! is ten times better than payinjg a guy millions to spit out a line about how he drives a Ford!! Do you see that??

Therefore, 1983, it is correct to assume that MANY of these "new Jet fans" that will be waving their "green and white" are in fact there for reasons other than football....and I would think that on a forum such as this.....the guys don't really like that sh*t. and we hate bandwagoners. period.

Now, I'll just take that a tad further and suggest that I believe what we are led to believe is a good wholesome pure kid who is so charismatic that he glows and just his presence alone will cause you to grow faint, but what I se is a kid who is not good enough to play QB in the NFL, but alas he has discovered that the fact he is a christian (and I have no doubt that kid goes to church and prays....we were all young once....sh*t I have 4 years of Altar Boy service under my belt...I get a pension from God, so...)......but he sees that being a Christian makes people like him....it gives him support and allows him to fulfill his dream...in a way that he would NEVER be afforded before, because my friend, I don't give a sh*t how tough and gritty you are....NO QB survives throwing 46% and having 2 for 8 games. It's that simple. Good runner or not. Mike Vick was in jeopardy of not making it until he tightened up and he was around the mid 50's and don't tell me that Tebow is a better runner than Vick. Randall threw. Kordell Stewart was considered an incomplete QB, he was mid-50's......however, Charlie Ward, who was all Tebow is in the "wildcat" but could throw and he was told he wouldnt make the NFL. It's a joke.

SO, here's Tebow with all of these fans who he probably may think truly believe in his abilities, but they are all about their agenda. But it keeps his dream alive as long as he doesnt get caught having sex or cursing or whatever and continues to practice religion then he can practice football and "get better as a quarterback" lol And what is facilitating all of this is the fact that f---king Denver pulled a couple lucky wins out of their a$$!! Hence, the dream continues. There werent enough games for him to be completely exposed, he went 1-4 but season ended.

So, who gets to see that play out?? The JETS!!

So, you can welcome these new fans with your open arms. I'm sure some of them are quite nice. But to me, none of them are Jets fans, so they get treated as such on the Jets forum. And that's about it 83.

I been reading over and hearing cocky little religious remarks made by so called Jet fans about other Jet fans. I mean so Tebow has a following of Christians that now support the Jets, so what? He also has a bunch of guys who will cheer for the Jets because they think he's just a good role model does charity work etc. Some like him because he doesn't rape girls or shoot people. But Tebow has become a jet and this guys following has come over to the Green and White, certain guys try to belittle them, saying they are not true fans because Tebow is what? a backup, was a bronco, christian? give me a break. Sanchez brought about bunch oh his following to New York, so did Rex, so did any number of player we have had on the roster and guys from other teams. But I don't remember all the attacks on people who just want to support the team. Sure maybe some dirty Sanchez jokes happened but not racist jokes about mexican fans. But that's what we have here, people who want to talk crap about other fans, make little stupid jokes about their religion.

So to all the a$$hole fans who want to attack the new guys because they like Tebow. **** you

Sincerely,

P.S. I for say welcome to the team, most of us a loyal and are not complete assholes like the few jetfans you might have already encountered, most of them have been jets fans for like 3 years.

P.P.S. But just because you shouldn't get attacked for joining the green and white fan-club, don't expect your boy Tebow to be given a free pass if he doesn't perform. It takes all of a new-york second for jet fans to see one play and determine a player sucks

Dude, please take it from JetsFanBorn1973 that, whether or not Timmy is to blame, he has become an icon, a champion if you will, an gold-mine of an NFL "connection", for a certain group of activists with motivations that are socio-political and have nothing to do with football. Maybe not all of them, maybe not the ones he knows personally, but believe me they are there, in full force. Not to mention that we just don't like Johnny-come-lately fans and all the "blood,sweat,tears" replies apply.

But dude, there are many "movements", "activist groups" whatever you want to call them operating daily and their primary function is to exploit and manipulate people, places, and events in an effort to push their given agenda, in this case, it is the right-wing, religious groups, many of whom are anything but Godly that use religion and more specifically they use the threat of eternal damnation which religion carries to, again, move their agenda.........abortion, Gay marraige, stem-cell.....whatever......and it goes deeper, but the point is, as trivial as those things MAY seem to some, these issues are ALL these groups DO. OK, with me so far?

Now, what do you need more than anything if you want to forward an agenda?? Money. Yes. and also you need exposure and endorsement, just like anything. Well now they have struck gold! They have a football "star" based right in the Big Apple...holy sh*t! The religious right just went prime time!! Do you know how much a one minute commercial is during the superbowl? I'm sure you've heard the numbers. Do you know how much Nike pays a star athlete to "endorse" their product (in this case agenda)?? A lot. Well, I would say that kneeling before God and saying you are celebate (spell check please) and that all you want to do MORE THAN FOOTBALL is save souls, which is EXACTLY WHAT THEY CLAIM TO DO! is ten times better than payinjg a guy millions to spit out a line about how he drives a Ford!! Do you see that??

Therefore, 1983, it is correct to assume that MANY of these "new Jet fans" that will be waving their "green and white" are in fact there for reasons other than football....and I would think that on a forum such as this.....the guys don't really like that sh*t. and we hate bandwagoners. period.

Now, I'll just take that a tad further and suggest that I believe what we are led to believe is a good wholesome pure kid who is so charismatic that he glows and just his presence alone will cause you to grow faint, but what I se is a kid who is not good enough to play QB in the NFL, but alas he has discovered that the fact he is a christian (and I have no doubt that kid goes to church and prays....we were all young once....sh*t I have 4 years of Altar Boy service under my belt...I get a pension from God, so...)......but he sees that being a Christian makes people like him....it gives him support and allows him to fulfill his dream...in a way that he would NEVER be afforded before, because my friend, I don't give a sh*t how tough and gritty you are....NO QB survives throwing 46% and having 2 for 8 games. It's that simple. Good runner or not. Mike Vick was in jeopardy of not making it until he tightened up and he was around the mid 50's and don't tell me that Tebow is a better runner than Vick. Randall threw. Kordell Stewart was considered an incomplete QB, he was mid-50's......however, Charlie Ward, who was all Tebow is in the "wildcat" but could throw and he was told he wouldnt make the NFL. It's a joke.

SO, here's Tebow with all of these fans who he probably may think truly believe in his abilities, but they are all about their agenda. But it keeps his dream alive as long as he doesnt get caught having sex or cursing or whatever and continues to practice religion then he can practice football and "get better as a quarterback" lol And what is facilitating all of this is the fact that f---king Denver pulled a couple lucky wins out of their a$$!! Hence, the dream continues. There werent enough games for him to be completely exposed, he went 1-4 but season ended.

So, who gets to see that play out?? The JETS!! Because we fell for it (

I don't understand why some of you are mad that you have just gotten one of the best quarterbacks in all of football??? You should be happy!

Clearly you jest. You must be one of those "docile mountain folk"

They're Tebow fans, not Jets fans...just like the Favre crowd that jumped to the Jets, then the Vikings. Their fandom is just as real as anyone else, and more power to them for being Tebow fans...but that's what they are. Nothing wrong with that, but that IS what they are. Tebow fans. Tebow just so happens to be a Jet now, so they'll pull for the Jets. I'm sure you have no problem calling someone who's a fan of whatever team is good a bandwagon fan and not a Cowboys fan one year, then a Packers fan the next, then a Patriots fan the next -- so on and so forth. These guys and girls AREN'T bandwagon fans, but they aren't Jets fans either.

That's just how it is. If you disagree then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That's so wise. You're like a little Buddha, covered in hair.

I don't understand why some of you are mad that you have just gotten one of the best quarterbacks in all of football??? You should be happy!

Not sure if you noticed but we have been banning Bronco trolls making believe their Tebow trolls. So hurry up get your fill cause I will give you till tomorrow. Contribute something for real or get banned. It was funny yesterday today it's just cluttering up the board.

Sincerely,

They're not Jet fans. I think thats what this is about. They're Tim Tebow fans, which is cool for now because he's a Jet. But next year when he's a Jaguar then they'll be gone and on Jaguar sites. And if they stay thats when they've shown themselves to be Jet fans. Some may actually like the team outside of Tebow and become fans no matter the duration of Tebow. We dont know this yet, but what we do know is that they're following Tebow so people are just calling it what it is, which Im in full support of. Not that they're stirring up trouble.

Not sure if you noticed but we have been banning Bronco trolls making believe their Tebow trolls. So hurry up get your fill cause I will give you till tomorrow. Contribute something for real or get banned. It was funny yesterday today it's just cluttering up the board.

That wouldn't be something I would notice because I am not a Bronco troll

Okay here is my contribution. Gonna be small considering what I know about the jets.

You have a loudmouth coach whose bite doesn't back up his bark. You have a crybaby QB who consisitently doesn't produce points on the board and makes your gassed defense have to try and win the game in the 4th. Your team has no real leader and players consistently talk smack about eachother anonymously through the press. Most Jets fans feel that their team is falling apart and needs to make some serious changes. This was all BEFORE TEBOW showed up... so if you think that Tebow makes your team worse you are sadly mistaken. If you are already tired of hearing about Tebow then you better get earmuffs while watching games next season, not watch espn, not read the newspaper, and talk to your coworkers. Tebow time is in NY. The plane has landed. Try and get used to it.

If you want to delete every Tebow fan who shows up on jets forums you better not have a dayjob. we did the same to Broncos. They said the same thing as you and look at where their team is at now. Starting 1-4 to winning a playoff game, do you think Peyton would have chose the Broncos if they ended the season 4-12 with Orton? I would really hate to Clutter the board up with my nonsense and take away from all the complaing and crying on here.

Watch Richard Todd throw what 6,7 picks, 2 to AJ Duhie on a muddy Miami field they conveniently chose not to make improvements to on game day........Watch Mark Gastineau rough Bernie Kosar, Pat Leahy miss a field goal and Cleveland steal our chance at beating a beatable Broncos team to go to Super Bowl.......drive home on Thanksgiving Day weekend (4 hours back to CT) after blowing a 17 point lead to Miami on a fake spike touchdown........ You wanna be a Jets fan, no problem but it comes at a price.

Okay here is my contribution. Gonna be small considering what I know about the jets.

You have a loudmouth coach whose bite doesn't back up his bark. You have a crybaby QB who consisitently doesn't produce points on the board and makes your gassed defense have to try and win the game in the 4th. Your team has no real leader and players consistently talk smack about eachother anonymously through the press. Most Jets fans feel that their team is falling apart and needs to make some serious changes. This was all BEFORE TEBOW showed up... so if you think that Tebow makes your team worse you are sadly mistaken. If you are already tired of hearing about Tebow then you better get earmuffs while watching games next season, not watch espn, not read the newspaper, and talk to your coworkers. Tebow time is in NY. The plane has landed. Try and get used to it.

If you want to delete every Tebow fan who shows up on jets forums you better not have a dayjob. we did the same to Broncos. They said the same thing as you and look at where their team is at now. Starting 1-4 to winning a playoff game, do you think Peyton would have chose the Broncos if they ended the season 4-12 with Orton? I would really hate to Clutter the board up with my nonsense and take away from all the complaing and crying on here.

That was a very hurtful post. I expected better from a "follower" of your caliber. Is it a good thing that you flooded the Bronco's board with your pain inducing words?

Jeesh. I thought Tebow people were supposed to be nice and friendly. I'm not sure Tebow would appreciate how you're talking. So divisive and down right poopy.

I don't think I like you.

That was a very hurtful post. I expected better from a "follower" of your caliber. Is it a good thing that you flooded the Bronco's board with your pain inducing words?

Jeesh. I thought Tebow people were supposed to be nice and friendly. I'm not sure Tebow would appreciate how you're talking. So divisive and down right poopy.

I don't think I like you.

Being hurtful was not my intention, being honest was. What of what I said isn't true?

If you wanna root for my team for ANY reason, I welcome it. Go Jets!!

Stop looking for ways to differentiate yoursleves from others based on what "type" of fan they are, just revel in your likeness instead of always looking for ways to disassociate yourselves based on petty differences. This goes for everything in life, not just being a Jets fan. Grow up already.

Bravo! Totally agree, and couldn't have said it better. Go Jets and the best to Tebow in playing his part!

Bravo! Totally agree, and couldn't have said it better. Go Jets and the best to Tebow in playing his part!

Right on! Even if they just throw Tebow in once in awhile to mix it up. Let him run the option. He'll either run for a first down or really surprise the opposing defense and throw a nice pass. he threw for over 300 yards against the Steelers last year completely disecting their defense, which is one of the best in the NFL. Denver did a good job landing Manning but they made a huge mistake dumping Tebow like last week's garbage.

Anyone hear Pat Robertson say thatan injury to Peyton Manning would "serve the Broncos right" for what they did to Tim? It's cool Tebow-troll, have your fun, make fun of our coach---I would have been upset two weeks ago but I agree, he is a baffoon. You should know that about the jets, besides our pact with Satan (come on, we couldn't beat the Colts in 68! Kidding me), our thing recently has been hiring first time coaches that look brilliant for a year or two and then turn into the biggest clown in football- Rex ia our latest installment. But it's cool because this is it for him and his buddy Mike T---this is it, there was Mangini, then Santonio, u could say Sanchez, and now this and this is a doozy. So, he and Rex with fry like a sinner after the thing blows up and joins the hall of shame (along with the Hershel trade, Sam Bowie.......) The 1-4 record Timmy left with, and the anemic offense he brought to Broncos fans, will continue on the world's biggest stage........then Timmy's dreams of one day being an NFL QB will go up in flames, and all of the fans, users, zealots, activists, young girls, young guys, and every short fat kid who thinks that he can play QB too, like Tim, if only he goes to church (and fills the collection basket) will be left with a hero who sucks.

That's the jist of it, guys. lol One thing you'll learn as you hang around the Jets fans is that THEY HATE SCRUBS. They could give a sh--- if he walks across the Harlem River. As soon as Timmy starts throwing one-hoppers around the field......party's over----for you, Rex, and Mike T. and all of them (Maybe we'll let Pettine stay).......but yeah that's all she wrote. haha Cant wait actually.

If I could draw a movie analogy, ever see The Great White Hype? It was a boxing movie. Jeff Goldblum thought he was very slick as he invested everything in his boy, some Tomato can they propped up because he was white.....as opposed to Christian....get it? Anyway, turns out true to form the "great white hype" gets his a$$ handed to him and he is crushed......that's you. lol OK guess you had to see it, but yeah.......Te-blow will be out of football soon and he can get to saving souls.

Everything you say I have heard before, and some how magically these predicitions of Tebows downfall still have not come true. This is like deja-vu when Tebow joind the Broncos, and it all ended with the fans loving him and sad to see him go. Landing Peyton was the only way Denver could justify getting rid of Tebow without there being a riot in Denver.

Right on! Even if they just throw Tebow in once in awhile to mix it up. Let him run the option. He'll either run for a first down or really surprise the opposing defense and throw a nice pass. he threw for over 300 yards against the Steelers last year completely disecting their defense, which is one of the best in the NFL. Denver did a good job landing Manning but they made a huge mistake dumping Tebow like last week's garbage.

That's fine and all, but can you explain why he couldn't do jack against the Pats* D, one of the worst in the league?

Everything you say I have heard before, and some how magically these predicitions of Tebows downfall still have not come true. This is like deja-vu when Tebow joind the Broncos, and it all ended with the fans loving him and sad to see him go. Landing Peyton was the only way Denver could justify getting rid of Tebow without there being a riot in Denver.

Im pretty sure the Broncos got Manning because hes 10 times the QB Tebow is, or will ever be.

And Ive noticed quite a few Bronco fans on the web voicing their relief Tebow is gone from the team.

Im pretty sure the Broncos got Manning because hes 10 times the QB Tebow is, or will ever be.

And Ive noticed quite a few Bronco fans on the web voicing their relief Tebow is gone from the team.

Only because they couldn't handle the Drama. Which is all the media treating him like Lindsay Lohan. he doesn't ask for it. The important part is Denver players were sad to see him go. They were able to look past his rock star status and respect him for the person he is. His leadership qualities made the whole Bronco team play better after he took over.

Hey since you can predict the future... what's a stock that will increase 10000% in the next ten years that I can put my savings into?

Only because they couldn't handle the Drama. Which is all the media treating him like Lindsay Lohan. he doesn't ask for it. The important part is Denver players were sad to see him go. They were able to look past his rock star status and respect him for the person he is. His leadership qualities made the whole Bronco team play better after he took over.

Hey since you can predict the future... what's a stock that will increase 10000% in the next ten years that I can put my savings into?

Tebows campaign funding?

This is an embarrassment - this is freakin' football!! I've been a Jet fan since 1965 - I love this move with Tebow. The reality is if this guy was some wise crackin' athletic type their would be alot more fans. He's a Christian - big deal and good for him - he's a great example and should be a touted example for the young kids!! Particularly in this day and age where anything goes is cool. How many of you guys went to college and saw mediocre football teams and players act like their sh*t didn't think? Far too many. Basically your average football personality is an a*hole. There aren't too many Curtis Martins in this world. Tebow is so refreshing in this day and age I applaud the Jets. They are willing to take chances and change the dynamics of their team. Screw the " embarrassment" with the contract/ trade details - we' ll never know the truth - those who hate the Jets will find ways to hate the Jets. I could care less. This guy is a winner both from a character perspective and a football player. This is fun - the Jets gave up a freakin' 4th rounder for Tebow. If the Patriots did this, the move it would be genius. Good luck to the Jets and welcome any new fans to the Jets - we are different and passionate and hope that the Jets are successful. And God be with you - oops sorry that's a bad thing and uncool thing to say in New York.

I've been a Jet fan for 40 years and welcome anyone who would like to be a fan too. I don't believe a 'true' fan has to suffer through the hard times...they just have to stick with the team which many of these new Tebow followers will not do. They are Tebow fans first and Jet fans second. That's the big difference. A true Jet fan's allegiance will stay with the team no matter who comes or goes. I suffered through years of humiliation, frustration, below zero games when our team already has 10 losses. I've moved to NC and found a bar where 20-30 other Jet fans get together for each game. I am and will always be a Jet fan.

Archived