Tebow Wins ESPY for TD Pass Against Pittsburgh

JetNation

Remember that improbable 80 yard touchdown pass Tim Tebow threw to Demaryius Thomas to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, 29-23, in the playoffs this past January? It was that overtime moment that made most of us stare at the TV in disbelief as the Denver Broncos advanced and the Steelers went home. You know, this one:

Yeah. Remember that? It won an ESPY for this year’s ‘Best Moment’ on Wednesday night. Tebow’s moment beat out Bubba Watson winning the Masters, the final night of MLB’s 2011 season, and Derek Jeter’s 3000th hit.

This is not Tebow’s first ESPY award, although it’s his first as a professional athlete. He won his first in 2008 for Best Male College Athlete.

Let’s hope he gives the Jets more than one moment that’s ESPY worthy.

Tebow's moment beat out Bubba Watson winning the Masters, the final night of MLB's 2011 season, and Derek Jeter's 3000th hit.

Out of those, I'm pretty sure that Demaryius' moment is the only one I might've stayed awake for.

You've always been smart.

LIke usual, the credit goes to Tebow. He threw an 18 yard pass to Demaryius and Demaryius turned it into a 80 yard TD by breaking tackles and stiff arming. How in the world does Tebow get this award.???

in stride.. if suckchez threw that pass it would've been 2 years behind Thomas and broken up or tackled for an 18 yard gain

You've always been smart.

LIke usual, the credit goes to Tebow. He threw an 18 yard pass to Demaryius and Demaryius turned it into a 80 yard TD by breaking tackles and stiff arming. How in the world does Tebow get this award.???

Carry over from a stellar youth, High School and college career? His high school stats rival Al Bundy's.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:51 AM -- T0mShane

"Jet-Ts, we owe you an apology."

Nobody here 'owes' me anything at all, but thanks anyway.... :winking0001:

============

snapback.pngVillain The Foe, on 14 July 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

You've never been very smart btw. :animal0029:

"Carry over from a stellar youth, High School and college career? His high school stats rival Al Bundy's."

Florida and Texas HS's produce the most D-1 College football players every year.

Tebow set the All Time HS Career Record for TD passes with 98 TD's as a 3 year starter.

Tebow was elected to the Florida All Century Team.

The SEC produces the most NFL players every year.

Tebow set the SEC All Time Career Pass Efficiency Rating with a 170.79, 88 TD's to just 16 Ints for a 5.5 to 1 ratio.

Tebow is the ONLY 3 TIME HEISMAN FINALIST and the FIRST SOPH to ever be awarded the HEISMAN TROPHY.

You're not even half as 'smart' as Al Bundy is.....

But I'm sure that you believe that your own biased opinion trumps all of the above FACTS.

===============

Darksider -- "the windup took longer than the run so i guess technically tebow had possession

longer than thomas and deserves the most credit" ;)

Tebow's NFL Career (using that so-called 'windup' technique:

20 TD Passes to just 9 Ints for a 2.22 to 1 TD/Int Ratio

13 TD Runs to just 6 LPF's for a 2.17 to 1 TD/LPF Ratio with a 5.3 ypc average

33 TD's to just 15 Turnovers for an Overall 2.20 to 1 Touchdown/Turnover Ratio

We could argue back and forth forever without anyone changing their minds.

However, I challenge ANYONE here to post all of the current NFL QB's with a better record than

Tebow has in his first 16 NFL starts: 8-6 regular season and 1-1 in the Playoffs, getting his

first Playoff win in just his 15th NFL start for a team that was 4-14 without him as the starter.

Otherwise you're just giving your own MUCH BIASED and FACTUALLY INCORRECT OPINIONS

about Tim, instead of facing Tim's ACTUAL on the field NFL RESULTS.

Concerning Tim's NFL Passing abilities only:

You can ONLY see the 46.5% pass completion percentage,,, (biased tunnel-vision media-moron view)

OR

You can see the 15.3 yds/comp, the 2.22 TD/Int Ratio, the 77.7 PER, and the 8-6 + 1-1 = 9-7 W/L record.

Concerning Tim's NFL Running abilities only:

Total Career Rushing - 180 for 950 yds, 5.3 ypc 13 TD's to only 6 Lost Possession Fumbles.

And unless you have a fully functional crystal ball, nobody KNOWS how anyone's future will go. :character0053:

Archived