Total Jets Defensive Sacks in 2012: Over/Under 44

BlackDynamite

The Jets were the league average last year in sacks at 35.

The Vikings and Eagles led the league at 50, followed by the Giants at 48

With the additions of Coples, DeMario Davis, and a new DL coach from the league-leading Vikings (Karl Dunbar), plus a full year from Aaron "Mayhem" Maybin, plus Rex Ryan taking more of the reins in calling defensive schemes and blitzes, 44 sacks would make them a Top 5 team in sacks.

Is +9 in sacks too much? I want to hear from The People.....

BD

A 25% increase is a lot.

The defensive additions are certainly positive, but they won't put up tremendous sack numbers unless the other team is forced to throw the football. That pressure has to come from the Jets being able to put points on the board offensively, as well as the defense's ability to shut down the run.

The Jets were the league average last year in sacks at 35.

The Vikings and Eagles led the league at 50, followed by the Giants at 48

With the additions of Coples, DeMario Davis, and a new DL coach from the league-leading Vikings (Karl Dunbar), plus a full year from Aaron "Mayhem" Maybin, plus Rex Ryan taking more of the reins in calling defensive schemes and blitzes, 44 sacks would make them a Top 5 team in sacks.

Is +9 in sacks too much? I want to hear from The People.....

BD

I think its will improve but not into the top 5 category.

The overall sack #'s for a team are overrated IMO. Way too many factors that come into play that can swing the #'s one way or the other.

**** it, they'll get it. Coples is going to be called the Baby Eater.

Damn right.. This is that magic year where Coples will be a) proving they made a good decision. B) B)establishing his value c) giving the rest of us something to compare him to, if he takes a big dump in a year or so..OR, d) twisting his ankles in deep and setting long term roots ..

Lets see;

Maybin 9

Mo Wilk 6

Coples 4

Pace 5

Scott 4

Harris 3

Thomas 2

Safety 4

Corner 3

Ellis 2

Total 42

I will be looking back after the season to see how I did but I think this will be pretty close.

I think you are under estimating Coples and how much the D-line will open things up for Pace. I am going over, but not by a whole lot -- 46-48 when all is said and done.

Archived